PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO and Randy Moss on the same team

Status
Not open for further replies.
By signing TO all you are doing is putting the WR problem off for a year. As Moss has stated he'll be gone next year and if TO's track record is the indicator he won't be here more than one year.

Owens has 130. Moss has 128.

Rice had 197. I don't think they need to worry about breaking that record.

:singing: LOL, unless TO and Moss plan to play until age 45, they got no shot at Rice.

By signing TO all you are doing is putting the WR problem off for a year. As Moss has stated he'll be gone next year and if TO's track record is the indicator he won't be here more than one year.

the only way the pats can fix it is by drafting WR's wes welker is 29 and may never be the same WR agan.

even if T.O and moss would be back in 2011 moss will be 34 and T.O 37 and there are no young WR out there they have to fix that in the draft. but have a rookie in back of moss and T.O for one year would be nice.

Last edited:
Lets trade for Meion Branch while we're at it.

The biggest problem with Moss & TO on the same team....

There is only one #81 jersey.

I love Randy, but he has been invisible as a playoff player.
TO performance in the Superbowl with a bad leg proved to me that this
is a guy that wants to win.

I crave chaos, so of course I would love to see TO on the Pats.

T.O. or Marshall, either one and I am skipping into work all week :)

Let's make it happen !

You are all for him, but 100% against Marshall? What?

Owens isn't a domestic disturbance call away from a long-term suspention and can be had for a one year deal whereas I don't think Marshall, even if he didn't have the domestic issues hovering over him, can be had for the same deal.

There are plenty of other choices besides Owens in terms of upgrading from Sam Aiken, who was never expected or intended to be the number two receiver. Rather than comapring Owens to Aiken, compare him to what else is available and at what price (e.g., Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Lance Moore, etc.)

The last two years Jackson has been the league leader ( for those with more than 15 catches) in percentage of catches for first downs with 85% and 88%..

vincent jackson is an incredible WR, he might be the #1 wr in the nfl...

i have never seen a guy that big, ran that fast, be that tough, and have hands that are that soft all in one package....

is he a free agent? if so, there sure has been very little talk about him

vincent jackson is an incredible WR, he might be the #1 wr in the nfl...

i have never seen a guy that big, ran that fast, be that tough, and have hands that are that soft all in one package....

is he a free agent? if so, there sure has been very little talk about him
Most of the talk has centered on unrestricted free agents. Jackson is a restricted free agent; San Diego tendered him for a 1st and a 3rd. If they could work out a trade for a little bit less I'd say it would be worth it; even for a 1st and a 3rd it's worth considering. Besides filling in an area of need this year, it also sets the Pats up with a player to take over as the team's #1 WR when the day comes that Moss is no longer playing. You're probably going to get more production out of Jackson than you would out of two draft picks.

Let's keep the baby out the NE's locker room.

Most of the talk has centered on unrestricted free agents. Jackson is a restricted free agent; San Diego tendered him for a 1st and a 3rd. If they could work out a trade for a little bit less I'd say it would be worth it; even for a 1st and a 3rd it's worth considering. Besides filling in an area of need this year, it also sets the Pats up with a player to take over as the team's #1 WR when the day comes that Moss is no longer playing. You're probably going to get more production out of Jackson than you would out of two draft picks.

i see....honestly, i think i WOULD give up a 1st and 3rd

i see....honestly, i think i WOULD give up a 1st and 3rd

Problem A) We don't have a third
Problem B) The Chargers would have an opportunity to match our offer, and its unlikely they'd part with him.

VJax is a talented receiver, but I don't think he's worth either of the problems.

Owens has 130. Moss has 128.

Rice had 197. I don't think they need to worry about breaking that record.

Theres this new invention called GOOGLE. U might wanna check it out

I think TO and Moss on the Pats would be a fantastic move.

Imagine what that would do to Moss... talk about lighting a fire under him. Would be great to have the two egos trying to outdo each other, making them both better receivers.

Sign TO to a 1 year deal and cut him at the first sign of being an ahole.

I think TO and Moss on the Pats would be a fantastic move.

Imagine what that would do to Moss... talk about lighting a fire under him. Would be great to have the two egos trying to outdo each other, making them both better receivers.

Sign TO to a 1 year deal and cut him at the first sign of being an ahole.

Yes put in a no A-hole policy in his contract! That would be a monster offense if TO and Moss were playing together on opposite ends. If you double cover both moss and TO. That leaves Edelman and Tate wide out in our spread offense.

TO's skills have diminished to the point that the reward isn't close to the risk.

If this were a guy capable of 1200 yards and 10 TDs, that would be one thing. He's more likely to give you 700/5. There's a pretty sizable chance that he'll be a huge headache and ruin your team.

There has to be a point when the two extremely talented but aging Wide Receivers understand that their chances of winning the Super Bowl will be greatly increased if they play on the same team.

After all, both have played in, but lost a Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back