PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To All You Sox Fans Moaning 'Bout Pats Front Office.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
How "heartless" the Pats FO has been with McGinest......

Please research the Bronson Arroyo shipment.

.....guy took a huge hometown discount against his agent's advice just 8 weeks ago.

shmessy said:

.....guy took a huge hometown discount against his agent's advice just 8 weeks ago.

I don't feel bad for the guy! Its not like he is going to a cellar dweller and he is going to start instead of pitch out of the pen. I will admit that I wouldn't feel sorry for him either way. I have never really liked Arroyo.

shmessy said:

Arroyo is fine, he is moving on in his career, and if he wasn't pleased with moving on maybe his heart wasn't into the game (somethin the RSox don't need along with a mouthy Wells). BUT I think Arroyo will embrace this step up and to help an improving club like the Reds.
You can't play moneyball with big time spenders, or gms at that.
McGinest is a whole other thing, hes getting old, and sooner rather than later he'll have an off season and if we were to sign him and let him collect his bonus we(patriots) would be in for a stupid turn. I think the only two that were worth the signing was Givens if you could get him for a 2nd reciever's cash, and Vinatieri (just make a good offer), but McGinest there were just too many unknowns with age. I would give a finger to see him back in the suit with the Pats, but not an arm. Those are both for Brady and Belichick

You're all missing the fundamental point. He went against his agent's advice and took $4-5 million dollars less to stay in Boston because he loved the team and the city. This is FAR different than the McGinest and Givens situations which so many of the new Sox Fan "New Guests" are bemoaning here on the board the past few weeks:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/03/21/red_sox_make_powerful_move/

"He parlayed that into the three-year, $11.25 million deal, though he signed that extension against the advice of his agent, Gregg Clifton, who believed Arroyo could be losing close to $4 million by giving up the chance to go to arbitration after the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Clifton also believed that by signing for three years at a fixed cost Arroyo would be more attractive to a small-market club.

Clifton, upon seeing this reporter's number appear on his phone yesterday, answered, and instead of saying hello, said, ''Carnac. What did I tell you?"

Arroyo ignored Clifton's advice, he said at the time, ''simply for the reason I want to play in this town. I love being a Red Sox. I wouldn't have signed this deal in any other [city]."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes