PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TMZ stirring crap with pictures of Brady 'jumping off a cliff'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never understood the reason for getting on a player because he does certain activities on their own time. Whether it be Suggs or TO playing basketball, riding your motorcycle, jumping off cliffs. As long as it's on your own time and you accept responsibility for your actions, I just don't see the big deal here. It's almost like some feel like the constitution doesn't apply to some of these guys.

Perhaps Brady thought he needed to help his reputation after the "waterslide" photos.

I'm expecting to see something similar to the Acapulco Cliff Divers on ABC's Wide World of Sports with Chris Shenkel and instead I see a feet first 10 foot hurray jump, only thing he was missing was his ear plugs and floaties. Yikes TMZ !

Last edited:
I've never understood the reason for getting on a player because he does certain activities on their own time. Whether it be Suggs or TO playing basketball, riding your motorcycle, jumping off cliffs. As long as it's on your own time and you accept responsibility for your actions, I just don't see the big deal here. It's almost like some feel like the constitution doesn't apply to some of these guys.

The simple, legit, common sense reason for it is protecting an asset in whom guaranteed money has been invested. Teams have an expectation from players along those lines and players will resist giving it back even moreso than being told what to do. Hence, most contracts have a clause in them about engaging in particularly dangerous activities that could jeopartize your career. Some are pretty specific. I doubt cliff diving was prohibited in Brady's contract, although even if it was that's hardly what he was doing... Or recreational surfing. I recall some guy was contemplating running with the bulls this off season in Spain. I think they talked him out of it... Convinced him to do it when his career is over or he's in between contracts...

This Cliff is much more dangerous.

Last edited:
OMG, is media starving for drama this badly? That is like what, a 7-10 foot jump into a mass of water. This is crazy! The local swimming pool has a high dive higher then that. What is this world coming to? Seriously this is absurd!

The simple, legit, common sense reason for it is protecting an asset in whom guaranteed money has been invested. Teams have an expectation from players along those lines and players will resist giving it back even moreso than being told what to do. Hence, most contracts have a clause in them about engaging in particularly dangerous activities that could jeopartize your career. Some are pretty specific. I doubt cliff diving was prohibited in Brady's contract, although even if it was that's hardly what he was doing... Or recreational surfing. I recall some guy was contemplating running with the bulls this off season in Spain. I think they talked him out of it... Convinced him to do it when his career is over or he's in between contracts...

BB had the choice to say something different than what he said in the presser today and he didn't.

”We have rules. There are NFL rules, and there are club rules,” Belichick said. ”Those are handled between the club, the league, and the players.”

and...

”I won’t comment on any of our club rules. Any discipline we have is all handled internally and not publically.”

I tend to think that they were like, 'what the hell are you doing?' and after TB explained the situation, chose not to fine him, etc. This isn't like Roethisberger riding a motorcycle w/o a helmet going 70mph with 5 beers in him. However, BB needed to say something to ensure that other players don't start doing crazy stuff like swimming with Great White sharks.

Last edited:
LOL at the "cliff diving".

BB had the choice to say something different than what he said in the presser today and he didn't.

and...

I tend to think that they were like, 'what the hell are you doing?' and after TB explained the situation, chose not to fine him, etc. This isn't like Roethisberger riding a motorcycle w/o a helmet going 70mph with 5 beers in him. However, BB needed to say something to ensure that other players don't start doing crazy stuff like swimming with Great White sharks.

He could have gone directly to his any football questions response. I think he was trying to be civil, so he gave them his generic this is policy answer if a situation came up answer instead. I doubt they had any conversation with Tom about the matter beyond perhaps a dig about his version of cliff diving in jest... Maybe something along the lines of jeebus Tommy, don't give Gronkowski any more ideas. The last thing we want to see is a naked TE diving off a actual cliff...

Last edited:
BB needed to say something to ensure that other players don't start doing crazy stuff like swimming with Great White sharks.

Fortunately Kraft sets a great training table feed so Wilfork won't be swimming for extra seafood as long as he's a Pat

Well, first of all, when I read the title I thought they were talking about something like jumping the cliffs at Rick's Cafe in Negril (Jamaica, mon, for those unfortunate enough never to have been to Rick's). Every day at sunset you can watch locals trying to score with tourist women and visitors stoked on Red Stripe or ganga jumping either two or three times farther than TB does in this clip.

GoPro HERO2 : Cliff Jumping : Rick's Cafe Negril Jamaica - YouTube

Brady's jump itself was a little on the wimpy side by Mo Bay standards. But I have to admit that the climb back up the rocks looked more dangerous from the point of view of ankle or knee injury than the jump.

And, BTW, if you've been to Jamaica and haven't gone to Rick's, you've missed something. And, if you're a single male and haven't gone there, you are absolutely out of your mind. I'm a codger by most of your standards and, man, do I have some pleasant memories of Rick's...

As for all the other stuff. Brady is a grownup. He knows what's at stake in his last few seasons. He has nothing to prove. He can decide this **** for himself.

Last edited:
Belichick mum on Brady cliff dive pictures - Extra Points - Boston.com

TMZ is almost as bad as barstool....now they have what they claim are pictures of Brady risking himself to injury by what they claim to be 'jumping off a cliff' :rolleyes:..the pictures look to be to be about a 15 foot drop,hardly what you call a cliff jump....they make it sound like he was 100 feet up :rolleyes:

Belichick had no comment as well he shouldn't...its not a big deal..let Brady enjoy his vacation.

Barstool is way better than TMZ.

Well, first of all, when I read the title I thought they were talking about something like jumping the cliffs at Rick's Cafe in Negril (Jamaica, mon, for those unfortunate enough never to have been to Rick's). Every day at sunset you can watch locals trying to score with tourist women and visitors stoked on Red Stripe or ganga jumping either two or three times farther than TB does in this clip.

GoPro HERO2 : Cliff Jumping : Rick's Cafe Negril Jamaica - YouTube

Brady's jump itself was a little on the wimpy side by Mo Bay standards. But I have to admit that the climb back up the rocks looked more dangerous from the point of view of ankle or knee injury than the jump.

And, BTW, if you've been to Jamaica and haven't gone to Rick's, you've missed something. And, if you're a single male and haven't gone there, you are absolutely out of your mind. I'm a codger by most of your standards and, man, do I have some pleasant memories of Rick's...

As for all the other stuff. Brady is a grownup. He knows what's at stake in his last few seasons. He has nothing to prove. He can decide this **** for himself.

Man I miss Negril

Irie,mon..irie...

Man I miss Negril

Dontcha love it when you're playing golf and the caddy hands you your Driver and says something like, "You gotta use the Big Bamboo when you're in Jamaica mon." My friends thought it was a hoot when I didn't get it the first time.

Is TMZ run by a Jest fan? :rolleyes:

That slide Brady went down last year was more dangerous.
this one? :D
tom_brady_slide.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes