PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TMQ's Non-QB, Non-RB MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Well, Walter Jones from Seattle won it, but our boys get a nice mention:

Second runner-up: Stephen Neal, New England. The Patriots have so many Non-QB Non-RB MVP types it's hard to know where to begin. Willie McGinest, for example. Six years ago when I watched McGinest I thought, "This guy's a showboat." Now when I watch McGinest I think, "This guy belongs in Hawaii." (Hmmm, what changed at New England six years ago -- oh yes, Bill Belichick clocked in.) Tedy Bruschi is the Flying Elvii's emotional MVP. Matt Kaczur, the 12th offensive lineman taken in the 2005 draft (picked 100th overall), has played better than many of the NFL's megabucks left tackles, and kept the Patriots offensive line from collapsing when veteran tackle Matt Light went down injured. Russ Hochstein, a guard who had never played center in the pros or college, kept the Patriots offensive line from collapsing when veteran center Dan Koppen went down injured. But Neal has been a blocking machine this season. Neal earns extra gold stars because he did not play football in college.
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9156476

Isn't it Nick Kaczur? Maybe I'm wrong.

This is the first year a Patriot didn't win it. Last year was Troy Brown, and the year before was either Woody or Ashworth

I didn't notice it either. It's crazy but with the way the brain processes information many words look correct if they simply have the right number of letters.

For istnacne you can siltl raed tihs as lnog as all the wrdos srtat and end in the crorcet ltertes. Wried huh?

Brownfan80 said:
I didn't notice it either. It's crazy but with the way the brain processes information many words look correct if they simply have the right number of letters.

For istnacne you can siltl raed tihs as lnog as all the wrdos srtat and end in the crorcet ltertes. Wried huh?
This explains much about why Pats1, AJ, and I have to cheer you up all the time! :rolleyes:

Box_O_Rocks said:
This explains much about why Pats1, AJ, and I have to cheer you up all the time! :rolleyes:

Nothing quite cheers me up like a Patriots win. :D

Brownfan80 said:

Yeah, I've seen some full paragraphs written like that and you can read them at just about normal speed, only pausing on occasion.

Congrats to Neal, the only Patriot who'll ever be from the college I went to :D

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:

fI ddin't tkae teh tmie ot coeretc lal ym psots, D'i hvae 1000, oot!!:D

Last edited:
jczxohn1 said:
fI ddin't tkae teh tmie ot coeretc lal ym psots, D'i hvae 1000, oot!!:D
You ddin't raed the insturcitons, you need to strat and end ecah wrod wtih the crorcet lterets or it deosn't wrok.

BelichickFan said:
You ddin't raed the insturcitons, you need to strat and end ecah wrod wtih the crorcet lterets or it deosn't wrok.

Stop making fun of the way Broncos fans spell. :singing:

BelichickFan said:

haha that was too funny.

Wayyyyy To Go #71

Without you, Alexander would of never reached his Career goal of MVP of the NFL..... ;)
I feel bad that it didn't go to a Patriot again this year :( , but not that bad!! :eek:

Either way its all in my name, so if these two make it to the road to Detroit, I will be ONE HAPPY PARTYING CAMPER!!!! :singing:

BelichickFan said:
Congrats to Neal, the only Patriot who'll ever be from the college I went to :D

Aw heck, then congrats to Mangini and Belichick, the only Patriots who'll ever be from the college I went to :D

But let's pause to take a look at the Patriots offensive line:

LT - A 3rd-round rookie who worked construction for a few years before landing a scholarship to play at powerhouse Toledo
LG - A high draft pick, but still a rookie learning a new position after playing tackle in college
C - A backup guard pressed into service at center midseason despite having no experience at the position at any level
RG - A former wrestler who played no college ball and spent his early NFL career on injured reserve
RT - College tight end with limited experience at OL, went undrafted, slowly worked his way up from the Patriots practice squad

Steve Neal is the dean of the group with a whopping 32 games started at his position. All of which leads me to nominate as my non-QB, non-RB MVP:

Dante Scarnecchia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye