PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tmq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Watson in the Middle East, Tom Brady in Africa, Belichick and his many charitable contributions for at-risk youths, the disabled and his and his father's high schools, plus an owner who probably donates more money than mostly all the others. Plus players like Jarvis Green, Ty Warren, Kevin Faulk, Larry Izzo who are always heading some kind of Boston area charity event. And that golf tournament we throw every year, which is attended by coaches, players and the front office.

Yup, we are a bunch of selfish bastards here.

Making a HUGE assumption there.

How so? She must approve of it, else a stand-up, God-fearing guy like Easterbrook wouldn't do it.

Unless you're talking about the "creepy" part, which isn't conjecture. It is creepy, like the uncle who keeps hitting on his niece's friends.

The Patriots didn't stay humble? The Colts didn't whine?

TMQ has gotten VERY disconnected from the facts.

Fill his mailbag with examples, guys.

Here's a little something that Gregg Easterbrook wrote for the New Republic:

Set aside what it says about Hollywood that today even Disney thinks what the public needs is ever-more-graphic depictions of killing the innocent as cool amusement. Disney's CEO, Michael Eisner, is Jewish; the chief of Miramax, Harvey Weinstein, is Jewish. Yes, there are plenty of Christian and other Hollywood executives who worship money above all else, promoting for profit the adulation of violence. Does that make it right for Jewish executives to worship money above all else, by promoting for profit the adulation of violence? Recent European history alone ought to cause Jewish executives to experience second thoughts about glorifying the killing of the helpless as a fun lifestyle choice.

Oh! Well, Gregg...that, seems a little.......inappropriate? What were you thinking?

Gregg Easterbrook said:
Twenty minutes after I pressed "send," the entire world had read it. When I reread my own words and beheld how I'd written things that could be misunderstood, I felt awful.

So, in other words, you're an irresponsible, incompetent, clumsy journalist? Good thing we've got you on the prowl, watching over this controversy with your eagle eye!

PS, Kill Bill was a good movie. Who the hell made you the gatekeeper of American values, assh0le?

Making a HUGE assumption there.

I think you're interpreting the "ogle cheerleaders" comment to mean that he does so in his spare time, but what the orig. poster meant was that, in his column, Easterboor picks a "Cheerleader of the Week", puts up her photo, and includes a leering comment.

I assume. I stopped reading his column after Week One. :rolleyes:

Easterbrook is a sad, angry, little man who in the words of Kellen Winslow Jr, needs a hug.

Colts running up the score = alright by Easterbrook

Houston - W (49-14)
Chicago - W (41-10)
Detroit - W (41-9)
Tennessee - W (51-24)

Patriots preserving a comfortable margin for victory to ensure a win? SATAN!

For some reason I can't post on the ESPN article, but I typed this so I want it posted somewhere.

I live in Indy so I understand that Peyton Manning is a respectable guy, but give up the "walk on water" crap. When it comes to football he tends to be a crybaby and a very sore loser. We just don't see that b/c to be honest the Colts don't lose that often. When they lost to P-burgh he complained about his line, when they lost to the Pats he complained about the Pats secondary, when he was called out by his kicker who said he lacked emotion he went to name calling. I like and respect Peyton, but come on. Easterbook, you honestly make me sick. What has Brady ever done that hasn't been class. He has a kid out of wedlock, so what. Welcome to America. Have you not stepped out of your basement from playing dungeons and dragons the last 25 years? The American "family" is not just father, mother and two kids anymore. Who are you to judge what happened in Brady's relationship, anyway?
Brady, Vrabel, Bruschi, and the rest of the Pats spend countless hours and money for charities and doing camps and what not. Did you not see Bruschi doing the "my wish" on this network just last season? Come on, step off your soapbox (or out of your basement) and get a grip. You can villianize the Pats all you want, but just remember when they run through the NFL on the way to their fourth SB title that it's you and the other moron writers like yourself that fueled the fire.
Lastly, I'm not trying to disrespect the Colts, just Easterbrook. Honestly, he's just awful.

Colts running up the score = alright by Easterbrook

Houston - W (49-14)
Chicago - W (41-10)
Detroit - W (41-9)
Tennessee - W (51-24)

Patriots preserving a comfortable margin for victory to ensure a win? SATAN!

Yeah the sequence of pass, pass, pass, pass, when 42-7 up in the 4th quarter against Houston kinda tramples all over his point.

Easterbrook is the same kind of evil as Borges - willing to lie and slander others for his own benefit. It's just pathetic.

anyone forward this to the ombudsman ??

I sent an email to both Easterbrooks and the ombudsman. Waiting to hear a response...yeah, like that will happen.

I gave up his column after the first Pats-hate hack job. I will admit to reading this thread out of curiosity, though will never again give him a click (and hope others do the same).

Have you not stepped out of your basement from playing dungeons and dragons the last 25 years?

Woah woah woah, slow down. What did D&D ever do to you? There's no need for D&D hate. I thought we had progressed as a country.

Besides, World of Warcraft is much more relevant and popular and just as easy to make fun of.

do i recall an incident at tenn. where manning was sued for sexual harrassment by a women in the athletic dept? upstanding young man i'd say.

Us whining and complaining about this lunacy won't get us anywhere.
Here's what will..

Belichick wears a Darth Vader mask on the sideline of the Pats-Colts game.
Sure there'll be a fine but some things are just worth it.

I gave up his column after the first Pats-hate hack job. I will admit to reading this thread out of curiosity, though will never again give him a click (and hope others do the same).

Woah woah woah, slow down. What did D&D ever do to you? There's no need for D&D hate. I thought we had progressed as a country.

Besides, World of Warcraft is much more relevant and popular and just as easy to make fun of.

I apologize, I'm not up on my D&D vs. World of Warcraft talk. I was just extremely p*ssed and typing. I really do hate Easterbrook.

By the way, it's painfully transparent what Easterbrook is up to and I'm wondering if this also bugs other people. He frames the "NE is evil" diatribe as being an argument, so that he can back away from it by saying "I didn't say NE is evil and that Brady eats babies. I said that the argument for NE being evil is that Brady eats babies."

He can disown the comments by saying that he's simply making the argument rather than stating it as his own beliefs. Of course we know he believes much of it, so it comes off as a sad, cowardly attempt to spew hate while shielding himself from criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back