PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tmq

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone forward this to the ombudsman ??

Syb·a·rite
n.
1. A person devoted to pleasure and luxury; a voluptuary.
2. A native or inhabitant of Sybaris.

TMQ - where wild speculation and rumor mongering cloaked in self righteous indignation are called "journalism."

Easteregg hath jumped the proverbial shark.

p.s. Were this not posted here, I never would have seen the article. No clicks anymore from this former reader ...

Why is it surprising that this self-righteous born again aligns himself with that other self-righteous born again, Tony Dungy?

Last edited:
Argument for the Indianapolis Colts as paladins who carry the banner of that which is beneficent: Sportsmanship, honesty, modesty, devotion to community, embrace of traditional small-town life, belief in higher power, even love of laughter. The Colts are the defending champions, so they obviously play well on the field. Yet after winning the Super Bowl, they have remained humble and appealing. Through prior years of postseason frustration, they never complained or pointed the finger outside their team. Their players are active in community affairs and don't carp about being assigned to a nonglamorous Farm Belt city with an antiquated stadium. Their coach, Tony Dungy, smiles in public and answers honestly whatever he is asked: He never yells at players or grimaces at bad plays and, when defeated, doesn't act as though it's the end of the world. Although religious, Dungy said on the night he won the Super Bowl that God doesn't care about football games, which shows perspective. The team's star, Peyton Manning, stands for love of family, constantly appearing in public with his brothers, father and mother. Manning is happily married and a major donor to a children's hospital. Manning spends a lot of time at children's camps and events, and he constantly makes fun of himself. Ladies and gentlemen, representing Good, the Indianapolis Colts.

Argument for the New England Patriots as scoundrels in the service of that which is baleful: Dishonesty, cheating, arrogance, hubris, endless complaining even in success. The Patriots have three Super Bowl rings, but that jewelry is tarnished by their cheating scandal. They run up the score to humiliate opponents -- more on that below -- thus mocking sportsmanship. Their coach snaps and snarls in public, seeming to feel contempt for the American public that has brought him wealth and celebrity. Victory seems to give Bill Belichick no joy, and defeat throws him into fury. Belichick and the rest of the top of the Patriots' organization continue to refuse to answer questions about what was in the cheating tapes -- and generally, you refuse to answer questions if you have something to hide.

The Constitution politely disagrees.

The team has three Super Bowl triumphs, yet its players regularly whine about not being revered enough. The team's star, Tom Brady, is a smirking sybarite who dates actresses and supermodels

You mean the same women you so wretchedly ogle in your column?

but whose public charity appearances are infrequent. That constant smirk on Brady's face reminds one of **** Cheney; people who smirk are fairly broadcasting the message, "I'm hiding something." The Patriots seem especially creepy at this point because we still don't know whether they have told the full truth about the cheating scandal -- or even whether they really have stopped cheating. They say they have, but their word is not exactly gold at this juncture. Ladies and gentlemen, representing Evil, the New England Patriots.

Show me, Easterbrook or anyone else, what the Patriots have done to show that they represent the antithesis to these ideas.

How do these things, particularly the "belief in a higher power," automatically depict anyone as the representation of good? "Embrace of small-town life"? I've lived in a small-town, and I've lived in Boston, and the small-town is markedly more deplorable when comparing the two.

Statements underlined represent complete fallacies and misrepresentations of truths simply impossible to ascertain given the mode of inference (a commercial, for crying out loud).

Last edited:
iam hoping the patriots player read this especially brady..i like my team ticked off.

Last edited:
Then don't reply to the post. If I post "bullcrap," and you don't like it, just move on.

Does the moron down the stret (sic) say anything quotable? Sometimes morons say the best stuff.

Do you not see the irony and hypocricy here in your statement?

I'm loving most of the comments on the column, many of which point out that Easterbrook has some key facts wrong, and establish another fact, i.e. he is an idiotic, agenda-driven hack.

Problem is that these are the types of things that draw readers to the site, which is good for business.

Do watch football on Sundays, or do you just go to bed hating the Patriots?

How do you square these facts?

1. The Colts scored a TD to pad their lead with less than 3 minutes to play against the Jaguars.

2. The Titans had a 35-7 lead on the Texans, in the 4th quarter, and somehow they found themselves behind with a minute to play.

3. There's a Peyton Manning TV commercial that shows him throwing a TD (rather than running it, as he winks into the camera, I think I'll throw it) with less than a minute to play, and a 30-3 lead!

4. The Patriots scored 7 points in the second half, and there were 12 minutes left to play.

5. In prior years, the Colts always whined about their losses and didn't take their losses like men at all. Never giving credit to the Patriots as the better team (cue Marcus Pollard and Edge James) while their GM Polian did everything he could to change the rules to the Colts advantage.

6. Howard Mud, the guy that taught Jimmy Johnson all about videotaping signals, is a Colts' coach!

I can understand that you appreciate all the whining coming from the Colts. It doesn't surprise me that you enjoy hypocrisy.

I pretty much scan his article now, ignoring the tantrum over the evil Pats. What I did find interesting were a few of his stats of the week:

Stat of the Week No. 2: At one point, Tennessee led Houston 32-7 and held a 311-34 advantage in offensive yards, yet the Titans ended up needing a field goal on the final snap to win.

I knew the score was lopsided heading into the 4th quarter, but I had no idea the yardage was as equally lopsided. Thirty-four yards heading into the 4th quarter? Then they blow up like that? Wow.

Stat of the Week No. 9: Randy Moss has scored twice as many touchdowns (10) as the entire Buffalo offense (5).

Granted Buffalo's offense is weak, but this is crazy.

Stat of the Week No. 10: Rob Bironas of Tennessee scored more points this weekend (26) than 17 teams (Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minnesota, New Orleans, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Francisco, St. Louis, Tampa, Washington.)

What struck me was the reality that he outscored seventeen teams.

Regards,
Chris

I pretty much scan his article now, ignoring the tantrum over the evil Pats. What I did find interesting were a few of his stats of the week:

Stat of the Week No. 2: At one point, Tennessee led Houston 32-7 and held a 311-34 advantage in offensive yards, yet the Titans ended up needing a field goal on the final snap to win.

I knew the score was lopsided heading into the 4th quarter, but I had no idea the yardage was as equally lopsided. Thirty-four yards heading into the 4th quarter? Then they blow up like that? Wow.

Stat of the Week No. 9: Randy Moss has scored twice as many touchdowns (10) as the entire Buffalo offense (5).

Granted Buffalo's offense is weak, but this is crazy.

Stat of the Week No. 10: Rob Bironas of Tennessee scored more points this weekend (26) than 17 teams (Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minnesota, New Orleans, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Francisco, St. Louis, Tampa, Washington.)

What struck me was the reality that he outscored seventeen teams.

Regards,
Chris
quite frankly iam not sure why he points out the pats facts. According to him its all illegal. he should boycott writing anything the pats do.

Comparison:

Summer 2007: Brady in Africa helping AIDS victims. Manning in Indianpolis pocketing $200,000 to appear at a girl's birthday party.

Dungy does seem like a good man, but you can't tell me there was no conflict between a father involved in groups that are completely unsympathetic to gays and his gay son. Many people have such issues in their families, and they are very tough to square. That doesn't make him a bad person, but it's hardly the perfect father either.

Do watch football on Sundays, or do you just go to bed hating the Patriots?

How do you square these facts?

1. The Colts scored a TD to pad their lead with less than 3 minutes to play against the Jaguars.

2. The Titans had a 35-7 lead on the Texans, in the 4th quarter, and somehow they found themselves behind with a minute to play.

3. There's a Peyton Manning TV commercial that shows him throwing a TD (rather than running it, as he winks into the camera, I think I'll throw it) with less than a minute to play, and a 30-3 lead!

4. The Patriots scored 7 points in the second half, and there were 12 minutes left to play.

5. In prior years, the Colts always whined about their losses and didn't take their losses like men at all. Never giving credit to the Patriots as the better team (cue Marcus Pollard and Edge James) while their GM Polian did everything he could to change the rules to the Colts advantage.

6. Howard Mud, the guy that taught Jimmy Johnson all about videotaping signals, is a Colts' coach!

I can understand that you appreciate all the whining coming from the Colts. It doesn't surprise me that you enjoy hypocrisy.
iam assuming you sent these as a reply to the column.

This guy's out of his mind at this point.

but you can't tell me there was no conflict between a father involved in groups that are completely unsympathetic to gays and his gay son.
Does/did Dungy have a gay son ? I don't really give a crap about his sons but I hadn't heard this and was wondering if I interpreted your post correctly.

This is the kind of guy who would rather have Wes Clark commanding his army than George Patton.

Give it a break, douchebag. This is football. Go read a Dostoyevsky novel and let people have fun already.

constant smirk on Brady's face reminds one of **** Cheney; people who smirk are fairly broadcasting the message, "I'm hiding something."

This is just silly.

Last edited:
Here is a link with which you can email ESPN ombusdman Le Anne Schreiber:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2826900

I just wrote her to voice my opinion that Easterbrook's column is so malicious and willfully inaccurate that it requires immediate, front page response from her office.

If you want to, do the same.

I think I'd find another of her thorough smackdowns of one of Easterbrooks polemics to be pretty enjoyable.

Does/did Dungy have a gay son ? I don't really give a crap about his sons but I hadn't heard this and was wondering if I interpreted your post correctly.

His son committed suicide two years ago. Whether or not he was gay, I have no idea and don't want to know. It's a shame this kind of thing has to be brought up because Mr. Easterbrooke feels it important to create his own Judgement Day with himself as the Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes