PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TMQ is back at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for saving me the time to read that article. :bricks:

Wouldn't a better answer be "Ever!"? :D

Why would you read this hack? You are the reason why he exists. Why do mororns keep going to his site?

Week 17 Inactives: WR Chad Jackson, CB Willie Andrews, RB Kyle Eckel, G Steve Neal, T Nick Kaczur, WR Troy Brown, and TE Kyle Brady.

Two top special teamers out (One Giants TD was a 74yd runback on a kickoff)

Two starting offensive lineman out on one side of the line. (Giants had 1 sack)

One Starting TE/Extra-O-lineman (lol) out.

NO Rosie Colvin nor Sammy Morris and the Pats are still getting it done. Wilkinson was a beast without Mitchell. Injuries are no excuse for that loss. Two Giants TDs (aside from the return) were excellent 2min drives to end the half and the game. There were some major breakdowns on those drives. Not likely to happen again... BUT anything IS possible.

Why would you read this hack? You are the reason why he exists. Why do mororns keep going to his site?

No, I meant that oftentimes I'm the one who wades through that tripe so that others on this board don't have to. :)

The featured comment on the bottom of the article read:

Chance_The_Gardener
(3 hours ago)
Man, I used to want the Pats to win to shut up Mercury Morris, now I want them to blow out the Giants to shut up Easterbrook.

HAHAHAHA. Classic. I bet that person isn't even a Pats fan. But on a serious not, since when does a hack blogger like this clown get off thinking he determines the Patriots place in history? It's not his decision nor is it mine. A combination of football historians and time will only truly tell. Certainly not one person that writes for Page 2 on ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080129&sportCat=nfl

The featured comment on the bottom of the article read:

Chance_The_Gardener
(3 hours ago)
Man, I used to want the Pats to win to shut up Mercury Morris, now I want them to blow out the Giants to shut up Easterbrook.

HAHAHAHA. Classic. I bet that person isn't even a Pats fan. But on a serious not, since when does a hack blogger like this clown get off thinking he determines the Patriots place in history? It's not his decision nor is it mine. A combination of football historians and time will only truly tell. Certainly not one person that writes for Page 2 on ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080129&sportCat=nfl

As someone put it--never in human history has one man been paid so much to utter so much stupidity about so many different things. :bricks:

After a whole season, I've finally gotten the discipline just to skip his columns. You'd think he'd be embarassed to write such garbage about Spygate. However anyone views the past, there's just no argument that it had any role in any game after week one, and the week one response (no use of the tapes) is obvious, too.

Week 17 Inactives: WR Chad Jackson, CB Willie Andrews, RB Kyle Eckel, G Steve Neal, T Nick Kaczur, WR Troy Brown, and TE Kyle Brady.

Two top special teamers out (One Giants TD was a 74yd runback on a kickoff)

Two starting offensive lineman out on one side of the line. (Giants had 1 sack)

One Starting TE/Extra-O-lineman (lol) out.

Two Giants TDs (aside from the return) were excellent 2min drives to end the half and the game.

Ummm . . . going into a clock-killin' ball-control offense when you're down two scores is NOT "excellent." In fact, that urgency is arguably exactly what cost them the game when they still had a slim chance of winning.

We know what was on the videotapes. Fox showed it in the tape they got from the League. The video showed the coach and down and distance. It was pretty sensational stuff. :rolleyes:

I respect your effort to debunk this clown, but why bother to read him? He's a one trick pony struggling to be relevant. It's about survival in the marketplace, and he's hitched his wagon to the Pats' gravy train. Ignore him and he'll die.

I was tempted too but you talked me out of it. Thanks

I read Shank this morning for the first time in about a year. He made a comment that if BB is asked about Spygate today at Media Day then he BB stops being his jovial self he has been this week and turns back into Mark McGuire. Can you believe he said that?

Why did I do such a thing? TMZ.com, Page 6, US, TMQ, Peter King, Never again. Anybody else I left out?

Last edited:
That is a highly pathetic attempt to write something cutsie and relevant. The guy can't even get his rosters correct when discussing rosters as rationale for a Giants advantage.

Somebody should show that to Kazcur and Neal.

Ummm . . . going into a clock-killin' ball-control offense when you're down two scores is NOT "excellent." In fact, that urgency is arguably exactly what cost them the game when they still had a slim chance of winning.

I am sure they would have liked to score sooner at the end of the game but there were 11 highly skilled men on the other side of the line trying to stop them...

End of 2nd half
Drive started at 01:59
Time elapsed was 01:46
Drive started at NYG 15
8 plays 85yds Touchdown

Uhh... I'd say THAT was excellent.

End of 4th
Drive started at 04:36
Time elapsed was 03:32
Drive started at NYG 32
11 plays 68 yards Touchdown

The Giants scored with a minute left and needing an onside kick to drive for a FG. Had they scored a minute earlier, they still would have had to onside for a drive at a FG. They had one time out I believe. Had they scored earlier they would have given themselves an additional timeout with the 2 minute warning and MAYBE a shot at a TD. 1 extra minute plus the 2min warning IS better BUT they still needed to recover the onside kick, which they did NOT do. THAT cost them the game... The fact that they got a TD was huge because a quick drive for 3, an onside recovery and a hail mary is an even worse scenario to be in.

I think Easterbrook knows that the more vilifies and slanders the Patriots, regardless of whether his claims have any merit, the more his name gets out there. And the more outrageous he gets, the more well known. I believe that his anti-Patriots screeds are at least partly due to a conscious attempt at self-aggrandizement.

What a loser.

I think Easterbrook knows that the more vilifies and slanders the Patriots, regardless of whether his claims have any merit, the more his name gets out there. And the more outrageous he gets, the more well known. I believe that his anti-Patriots screeds are at least partly due to a conscious attempt at self-aggrandizement.

What a loser.

We have a winner. That's why, not only should people not read his drivel and give his little slice of idiocy on ESPN's site any more hits, they shouldn't even waste their breath (or typing fingers) discussing him at all.

Add me to those thankful for being spared the read. At one point I did enjoy his ramblings (though he should have reined in his prolixity). Sadly he has just declined into bitterness which will eventually burn him out; unfortunately he is an ESPN employee which means that he will smolder a very long time.

I do think he has a point though on the NFL needing to explain the situation. I have always thought that they were as much culprits for the storm as the media itself. It was an opportunity to clearly explain the violation and the weighting of the penalties. But this was discarded in favor of the equivalent of martial law to prove Goodell's toughness.

I understand that such explanation will be difficult if not self defeating. After all the NFL doesnt really want to stop signal stealing, nor do they want to stop teams from filming or using film of NFL games. However if the Patriots do go 19-0 the NFL owes them the honor of exonerating the achievements of the season at the very least.

Goodell has to eat some of the Patriot's season-long diet - a large slice of humble pie.

Man I used to like his columns but his terrible continuous bashing of the Pats is pathetic.

Like others have said, the Pats were also missing 2 starters on the same side of the O-line. And don't you think a non-windy stadium will only help the Pats attack, and that game was only close because of a near garbage-time TD by the Giants at the end.

Oh well, the only thing we can do is to ignore the column and hopefully he will change his focus. I'll guess I will stick with MMQB by Peter King. If someone else knows a good comprehensive football column that goes over the entire weekend, let me know!

Can we please all agree to stop reading TMQ??? I really hope no one is going to his site.

As long as we keep going there when he pisses us off...
...he'll keep trying to piss us all off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back