PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans pass on Moss who still wants to come home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Randy ever said he wanted a ring 'cause I can't recall it... After Bill rescued him from the black hole in 2007 he stilll wanted to be one of if not the highest paid receiver in the game again. Last season all he talked about was respect or lack thereof and wanting to know where he was playing the following season...and making money on the backend of his career... I know he doesn't like playing for bad teams, but who does. Other than that all I know is Randy Moss isn't the player he used to be on the field but off it a leopard seldom changes his spots - particularly after more than a decade of displaying them. Same can be said for most diva WR's. What they want is to be relevant, and they will be one way or the other.

Randy could care less about rings....IMO it's been about the $$$$$$$ and has been his whole career...give him a big contract and a bit of time
and he will soon go back to the old Randy which was a player who caused Cancer in the locker room if he wasn't the main star in a game and when he got his way and balls came to him, he couldn't beat his defender to get open as we saw in 2010.

Sure he took a little less to play here in 2007 but I think it was more to play with the best QB in the league and best coach at that time,he took a big pay cut just to grab a piece of the action in NE....once he got tired of hanging aroung Tom and Bill he called it quits and began the 'couldnt care less of making a big play' Randy in late 2009

If anyone believes Randy took less in 2007 with the main intent of winning a title....well,I have some Swampland in Pennsylvania to sell you at a great price :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Moss was on three teams last year and he did not make one of the QB. There are far better free agents or players eligable for trade out there who can stretch the field at this point. I would rather have Chad OchoCinco than Moss and I am not all that keen on Chad OchoCinco.

At this point, Moss could only be effective as a 5 maybe 10 play a game type of player. In a contract year, he played like crap.

Isn't that what they would want him for, only 5-10 plays a game? Moss has to know that the days of "big bucks" are done. When he laef the still had not accepted that fact. After tryouts with two other clubs, he knows better now.

Game, Set, Match!!

I think those of you saying Moss can't play anymore are wrong. Remember what Revis said after the trade? He was shocked and praised moss' abilities. I agree with the trade because Moss had a bloated ego for someone who wasn't as good as he once was. But with that said, if he comes back humbled and for cheap, then he can still contribute - just as revis and other defensive players and coaches have said since the trade.

Interesting debate but it strikes me as pointless - remember BB traded Moss away mid-season, he clearly wanted him out of town. Whatever the reason was for dumping him during a campaign that didn't feature a hot option at WR, the fact remains the BB essentially said I'm finished with Randy Moss. (It took Branch what, 5 years, to come back?) To me there's no object in arguing whether Moss would help the Pats (IMHO he wouldn't) because BB won't sign him. He's moved on and continues rebuilding the team with a new young core of leaders. Think about it, even Faulk and Light, two Patriot stalwarts are very questionable to return, and Moss is much further down the ladder of revelance than these guys.

I don't know why you think Moss will ever make it back on this roster. They shipped him out...they did not want him...they replaced him with a vet with a substantial salary. It's over.

BB never said he didn't want him. BB wanted a third round pick more than he wanted him. That isn't the same as not wanting him.

Likewise BB wanted a 1st round pick more than he wanted Richard Seymour.

Or wanted a first round pick more than he wanted Branch.

Moss was not cut by New England. He was traded.

No thanks, players who only play when they want to have no place on this team, they were better after he left and that was no coincidence.

Bring the ******* maniac back and get him his ******* ring, OK?

OK.

BB never said he didn't want him. BB wanted a third round pick more than he wanted him. That isn't the same as not wanting him.

And, according to numerous reports, he would have been cut had they not been able to strike up a deal.

What is it with Moss that makes people ignore the writing spray painted all over the walls?

Moss-Welker-Branch is better than Welker-Branch-Tate. Even with a lost step Moss will offer the Pats more than Tate IMO.

Agreed. If Moss gets an opportunity, realizes this is his last chance to be on a winning team, and toes the line, he can still contribute (nobody doubts his hands, which in single coverage with his size that could be a major addition). I doubt he will offer the run blocking ability Welker and Moss displayed last year for Woodhead, but I am not sure Tate offers that either (nothing comes to mind immediately, but I may be mistaken).

This would not be the 2007 version of the offense so it would not matter if Moss has lost a step. As a purely positional consideration, assuming Moss's mouth and attitude are in check, I would love to see him return. If it doesn't work out, send him packing.

Actually, it is the same. Just like it was with EHIII...

Branch was a whole different scenario as Bill in the end had NO COICE in that matter, the league was about to step in and force his hand. Moss and Seymour no longer represented value here in Bill's opinion. Neither was a team first player. Both had issues battling injury and playing at a high level consistently. Both in their heart of hearts believed that talent trumps system and the business of football was all about their getting respect in the form of contract dollars for their perceived talent. And both had a need to articulate that. Just like Lawyer.

Branch wanted to get paid more than he was worth too, as naturally most players do. The difference in hindsight being having never been paid after already helping to garner two rings as an undersized #1 WR his concern was legit. And he had a mitigating outside circumstances because one of his children was severely disabled and would require institutional care for as long as he lived. He also had a scumball agent from NY in his ear who was intent on busting Belichick with a little leverage help from his pals in the JETS organization. Branch was able to secure that child's future via Seattle, even as it likely cost him long term career accomplishments wise.

I have yet to hear Moss or Seymour utter the words it would take for either to remotely be reconsidered for employment here. Seymour just keeps sticking it to the Raiders Retirement Fund. He got his rings early and his security money in the aftermath yet his main concern remained getting more money before he retired. Same thing Moss was chirping about even absent a ring before his last season on a very lucrative deal commenced here. That player doesn't fit this system. Moss wants to come back here now because it was the lone stop in his career where he was relevant while being paid like a superstar and he inadvertently de-railed the Moss train and desperately needs to get it and his ego back on track to facilitate his post career plans for landing those lucrative endorsement deals he fired his lifelong agent and hired a total stranger to achieve a year ago... When he even utters the meaningless words the money doesn't matter and I'd rather play in NE for minimum than anywhere else for a deal that feigns respect via $$$ because all I want is to win a ring in NE, let me know. For now he's just using his interest in NE to gauge competing interests, kinda like Ty did during his protracted farewell tour. Bill can scheme around a lot of player shortcomings, ego isn't one of them.

Personally I would find it a lot more entertaining to see him land in NY and throw a monkey wrench in Tubby Rex's attempts to micro manage The Sanchise's tenuous development. Tannenbaum is a master at crafting the kind of phony baloney deal it will take. Woody can recoup the $$ in PSL and jersey sales from that sucker fan base. And Randy will ultimately do Rex's career trajectory about as much good as Ty Law did Herm's.

Randy could care less about rings....IMO it's been about the $$$$$$$ and has been his whole career...give him a big contract and a bit of time
and he will soon go back to the old Randy which was a player who caused Cancer in the locker room if he wasn't the main star in a game and when he got his way and balls came to him, he couldn't beat his defender to get open as we saw in 2010.

Sure he took a little less to play here in 2007 but I think it was more to play with the best QB in the league and best coach at that time,he took a big pay cut just to grab a piece of the action in NE....once he got tired of hanging aroung Tom and Bill he called it quits and began the 'couldnt care less of making a big play' Randy in late 2009

If anyone believes Randy took less in 2007 with the main intent of winning a title....well,I have some Swampland in Pennsylvania to sell you at a great price :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Randy took a hair less and that's all it was because the ONLY leverage alternative he could muster was playing TO to the ever thin skinned McNabb - who even then was teetering with one foot perpetually out the door in Philly.

I have yet to hear Moss or Seymour utter the words it would take for either to remotely be reconsidered for employment here.

I haven't heard anything from Seymour to get him reconsidered for employment. But Moss said everything I need to hear on Oct 31 to reconsider him for employment here.

He sounded ready then to do what BB asked if given a second chance and still sounds that way now.

He effed up. He knows he effed up. He is willing to make amends. If history is any judge, that will result in him behaving for one season and only one season.

Cripes, some of you folks need a clue.

1. Moss took a leak in BB's wheaties on week one last season and forced BB's hand.

2. The team's O actually improved after Moss was gone.

3. Now, Moss is ANOTHER year older and half of you are spinning Randy's mental rehab etc etc.

I haven't heard anything from Seymour to get him reconsidered for employment. But Moss said everything I need to hear on Oct 31 to reconsider him for employment here. He sounded ready then to do what BB asked if given a second chance and still sounds that way now. He effed up. He knows he effed up. He is willing to make amends. If history is any judge, that will result in him behaving for one season and only one season.

Apparently Bill wasn't as impressed with Randy's presser that day as you were or he would have at least put in a waiver claim. Perhaps Randy's week 1 presser here was still reverberating in Bill's psyche. As for history being the judge, the last two times Randy was in the final year of his contract he shot his way out of town. We were oddly/fortunately the beneficiary in both cases. I don't think Bill wants to push his luck. He's been on the ass end of one of those pressers already and had the great good fortune of having a moron jump up to take him off the hook. He knows that won't happen again because it's a copy cat league and even the morons eventually take note. Both HC's who took the Moss bait are unemployed this season.

Apparently Bill wasn't as impressed with Randy's presser that day as you were or he would have at least put in a waiver claim.

If BB put in a waiver claim and I was the GM of the Vikings I would have filed a tampering charge against the NEP.

If I was the commish I would have agreed the Vikings and at min given the Vikings the 3rd round pick back. And this would be even if with Randy going to the Titans.

he can be the Patriots like in RUDY the "Cool Old Black Dude" field management guy.

I PASS for him on team:)

I knew that his loss would be gr8 b/c TFB would spread wealth:rocker:

Last edited:
If BB put in a waiver claim and I was the GM of the Vikings I would have filed a tampering charge against the NEP.

If I was the commish I would have agreed the Vikings and at min given the Vikings the 3rd round pick back. And this would be even if with Randy going to the Titans.

Interestingly enough, you are both completely wrong.

1) BB would never have placed a waiver claim because NE was last and, with Randy's professed love for them, likely would have been able to re-sign him at a lesser contract.

2) NE placing a waiver claim is in no way improper. None. Zip. Nada.

Cripes, some of you folks need a clue.

1. Moss took a leak in BB's wheaties on week one last season and forced BB's hand.

2. The team's O actually improved after Moss was gone.

3. Now, Moss is ANOTHER year older and half of you are spinning Randy's mental rehab etc etc.

A clue like you have, obviously?

1. Pure speculation - you don't know, plain and simple. Did Seymour do the same, or was that simply an opportunistic transaction?

2. Agreed, but last I checked there are 10 other players on the field. And what teams did the Pats play against, and how good were those defenses compared to the opponents for the rest of the season? Wasn't Minnesota grovelling for receivers at the time because of injuries?

3. See responses to 1 and 2. If his issue was contract expectation and frustration with the same, and he has clued himself into the worth concept, I expect he would be a better alternative than the current receivers who are not Branch and Welker.

A clue like you have, obviously?

1. Pure speculation - you don't know, plain and simple. Did Seymour do the same, or was that simply an opportunistic transaction?

2. Agreed, but last I checked there are 10 other players on the field. And what teams did the Pats play against, and how good were those defenses compared to the opponents for the rest of the season? Wasn't Minnesota grovelling for receivers at the time because of injuries?

3. See responses to 1 and 2. If his issue was contract expectation and frustration with the same, and he has clued himself into the worth concept, I expect he would be a better alternative than the current receivers who are not Branch and Welker.

Moss's 16 minute post game comments after week one last year were pure speculation on my part. Maybe it never really happened.

We'll know who has a clue if Moss ends up back with the Pats.....or not.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes