PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans game meant less than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't do this last year against Miami.

That's because the 5th and 6th seedings were already decided last year when the Pats played Miami. They weren't decided this year.

There are exceptions to every rule. Maybe not even an exception there. To me, turnovers were the story in the Denver game, not fatigue or injuries.

I used to question the guy for playing his starters so long when it didn't seem to matter any more, but, with his record, he has a lifetime pass with me now, if such a thing is possible.

I think he's referring to the Miami game at the end of the regular season.

What happened with the Broncos was a fluke which we didn't know about when we played. We tried the "rest the starters" bit last year and it didn't work. They guys seemed like they wanted to play well and wanted to win. I like our momentum going into next week.

It didn't work? I mean, we pounded the Jaguars after giving the starters a rest.

Re: Titans game meant lots !

For all those complaining and bellyaching about playing to win, consider this.

If the Pats rested and laid down we would be facing a rematch against the Titans in the playoffs, after having been beaten the previous week by the same Titans ! They would be sure they could beat us, after having just done so. Pats players would have had their confidence shaken a bit. The Jets would have ended up only a game behind not two full games which in the NFL is a country mile. sick of the preseason hype over the 2005 Miami season ending streak? Contemplate the national (ie NY media) predicting Super bowls fore the JESTS all off season. BLEECHH!

Can you see wRONg and Felgie next week predicting disaster?

wRONg's column almost writes itself. BB has created a monster... BB finally
gets his.... The Pats coulda, mighta, woulda, shoulda, yada, yada, yada...

The reality is:
a) that the deep passing game needed some practice and got it.
b) the lead blocking needed some practice and got it.
c) the tune up mission was a success.

Oh and now BB has added a bunch of new problems for the opponent game planners to contemplate and get upset tummies worrying and brooding over.

Game, set, match!:rocker:

Last edited:
Last year we lost to Miami in the last game and then lost to Denver in the playoffs, we lost momentum.

Injuries happen in practice, in preseason games, regular season games or any time.

To say play the reserves what do you mean, we only had 3 RB's active.. who do you propose to run the ball? There is depth, but only so much depth. I did notice a lot of rotation during the game Hill, Alexander, Sanders and most of the other guys were getting reps. I had to keep track of all of the numbers as they were not familiar. Also saw some different alignments, i.e. Green lined up in the middle and different formations.. i.e. 1 D lineman and 4 LB's, 6 DB's.. looked somewhat like a scrimmage, trying some new wrinkles to give our future opponents something to think about.

Re: Titans game meant lots !

For all those complaining and bellyaching about playing to win, consider this.

If the Pats rested and laid down we would be facing a rematch against the Titans in the playoffs, after having been beaten the previous week by the same Titans

That was one of my first thoughts... but I realized had the Titans made it, they would have been seeded 6th and would have faced Indy this week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back