PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans CB Cortland Finnegan seeking $10M a Year (ROTFLMAO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think this may be worse than Asante's demands for NE a few years ago

Cortland is a solid hitter and good Corner but he is not a $10 Million Dollar player, I would have liked him on this team but not for even a 3rd of that price.

Last edited:
Link?

As for the demands...good. I want him nowhere near this team. Guy is an overrated degenerate and watching Andre Johnson beat the crap out of him was one of my favorite schadenfreude moments of recent memory.

Link?

As for the demands...good. I want him nowhere near this team. Guy is an overrated degenerate and watching Andre Johnson beat the crap out of him was one of my favorite schadenfreude moments of recent memory.

Lions might pursue Titans free-agent cornerback Cortland Finnegan | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Maybe as the article states,He saw what Joseph got from Houston and wants the same.

Joseph is a better CB IMO and was the big difference in that Texans secondary that was burned repeatedly in 2010.

Cortland is a solid hitter and good Corner but he is not a $10 Million Dollar player, I would have liked him on this team but not for even a 3rd of that price.

you would only pay him a little over 3 million a year. corners are expensive. if the pats were to bring him in, i would be happy with a 7 million per year contract with some incentives if he makes pro bowl etc.

Link?

hahaha me too. I remember when he was fighting with his own team mate. Keith bullocks i believe.

Link?

I agree he might be an ok CB but his attitude is trash. No way I would let this guy on the Pats but thats just my opinion.

Players (and their agents) are going to base negotiations off of what the last guy at their position made. On top of that there are relatively few quality free agent corners this year, and it is one of the most critical positions on a team.

Besides, negotiations are a starting point, not the end agreement. At first glance it does sound ludicrous but when you stop and think about what other options teams have, many teams being in decent cap position, and teams having to spend to the floor this year, it begins to look a bit less crazy than it did at first.

I hope that ugly SOB wont come to NE, i dont like him at all.

was so glad when andre johnson kicked his arse

Last edited:
I'd rather drop $6 million on a safety and hope that McCourty rebounds than drop $8-$10 million on a corner and hope McCourty can play safety. Also, I can think of other corners I'd rather shell out the coin for, and I can certainly see why people wouldn't want a player with his history on the team, but Finnegan's a very good player. He'd be the best DB on the Patriots from the second he signed the contract. Also, the given number comes from a "league source" and doesn't actually have definitive info on what Finnegan is seeking. The thread title is misleading:

Finnegan would command a contract similar to the five-year, $48.75-million contract Johnathan Joseph signed last year with Houston. Finnegan likely would seek a deal for at least $10 million per year for five or six years, according to the source.

Lions might pursue Titans free-agent cornerback Cortland Finnegan | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Last edited:
The guy is a complete ass. I can understand a moody player (Dillon/Moss) needing some coaxing to play better, but Finnegan is a jerk just to be a jerk and I want him nowhere near this young locker room.

A lot of people expect him to go to the Lions, yeah...I don't know if they can afford it, though, they want to sign Megatron and Avril to new contracts, and may have to find their CB upgrades in the draft.

If the Pats go after an expensive corner, I'd much rather have Brandon Carr or Brent Grimes, who carry less character risk. Although the whole thing about Grimes supposedly quitting on the Falcons for their playoff game, when the coaching staff thought he was going to play is a little disconcerting.

Finnegan is forgetting that Joseph is one of the best corners in the NFL where he's a serviceable and solid player.

I'm with Deus, Safety needs to be solidified first.

You wouldn't want Finnegan on this team for $3.3 milion per year?

I'm with Deus; safety should be the top priority on defense. If McCourty is capable of playing corner at/near his 2010 level again, then having him at safety is kind of a waste.

Last edited:
if he wants 10......he must be smoking something or taken too many shots to the head ....:beatingcoming::beatingcoming:

a week ago i'd have said finnegan would be lucky to get half that. but with teams able to roll over cap room from last year, after seeing the numbers, i think we might see some strange signings. denver is obviously competitive and has a hell of a lot of money to spend. tampa bay and washington and some others as well. this offseason will be interesting.

The only thing this guy deserves....is a swift and forceful kick to the nutsack...preferably from Andre Johnson who is wearing steel toed cleats. I fU*king despise that little weasel!

the price for CB's and DE's that ant even half as good as Andre Carter and Kyle Arrington is just Crazy, it's the Draft Jag's and vets for the pats this year i would just like to see one of Carter or Anderson back Welker and Branch back and good dept from the Draft

He's a complete ass, but if we sign him, I'd welcome him like I did Rodney Harrison, who became my all time favorite Patriot.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked if Finnegan got $10 million a year. I don't think he is worth it and I think it is unlikely, but I didn't think Cromartie would get $8 million a year to be a #2 CB. And he did.

Contracts may go down this year because it looks to be a buyer's market with so many free agents, but we cannot underestimate the stupidity and desperation of teams especially in what is becoming an increasingly pass happy league. It only takes one team stupid enough to give into those demands and there are plenty of teams that spend stupidly.

Everyone's calling him an ass, but let's face it, you'd all root for him if the Pats signed him and say you love his "passion".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes