PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'Tis the season for playoff scenarios (NFL Playoff Machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think long term, Thomas will be back. He may be missing this weekend though. Same with Sanders. Going up against a good defense might be tough without two of their three best offensive weapons and no running game.

I expect both to play against KC though, but I doubt either will play this week.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way, to be honest.

I can see them taking it cautiously and waiting until next week. I can see one or the other playing. I can see both of them playing in an attempt to turn things around, if Sanders is cleared of course.

I know that MIA is now the popular pick for the game on Sunday, but I'm assuming that DEN will bounce back, myself. We'll have to see how it shakes out.

One thing to consider is that we'd probably rather see KC knock them off next Sunday, and it's hard to imagine DEN losing 3 in a row and 4/5 with a loss this week as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way, to be honest.

I can see them taking it cautiously and waiting until next week. I can see one or the other playing. I can see both of them playing in an attempt to turn things around, if Sanders is cleared of course.

I know that MIA is now the popular pick for the game on Sunday, but I'm assuming that DEN will bounce back, myself. We'll have to see how it shakes out.

One thing to consider is that we'd probably rather see KC knock them off next Sunday, and it's hard to imagine DEN losing 3 in a row and 4/5 with a loss this week as well.
I know that on our little forum Miami is the popular pick but Vegas still has Denver favored by 10 points. I agree though I can see this game going either way

I know that on our little forum Miami is the popular pick but Vegas still has Denver favored by 10 points. I agree though I can see this game going either way

Like I said in another thread, if we're all in agreement that we're rooting for KC to beat DEN next Sunday night (which should be obvious), then I'd have a difficult time seeing how Manning and the Broncos would not only lose THREE games in a row, but 4 of their last 5.

I just don't see it being too realistic.

I'd rather see them give us even more separation with MIA, or at least allow things to remain the same with a 2 game lead, should we lose to DET on Sunday. After that, then we'll root for KC to knock them out next weekend. I think that would represent the best of both worlds for our rooting interests.

Playing with that thing showed me it was possible for Tampa Bay to win NFCS with a 6-10 record that is madness

If Thomas and\or Sanders don't play Miami could knock off Denver. They can generate a pass rush to speed Manning up, press the receivers to take away the short stuff and do it all while playing solid against the run.

KC for whatever reason just doesn't seem to match-up well with Denver. On paper they should but Denver just seems to have their number. Maybe they're due and with the extra days off, home field and some extra fire after losing to an inferior opponent who knows.

If I had to put percentages on it 50% Denver wins both, 40% a split and 10% they get swept. I'm certainly rooting against them in both.

So I just went through this and tried it out. And damn is the NFC South terrible. And Yes I do have the Pats winning out. If they lose one seeding wont make a difference.

My Projections:

AFC
FIRST-ROUND BYES
1st Seed
New England
Proj:
14-2

2nd Seed
Denver
Proj:
12-4

WILD-CARD GAMES
6th Seed
Baltimore
Proj:
10-6
@
3rd Seed
Indianapolis
Proj:
12-4

5th Seed
Kansas City
Proj:
11-5
@
4th Seed
Cincinnati
Proj:
10-5-1

NFC
FIRST-ROUND BYES
1st Seed
Arizona
Proj:
14-2

2nd Seed
Green Bay
Proj:
12-4

WILD-CARD GAMES
6th Seed
Dallas
Proj:
11-5
@
3rd Seed
Philadelphia
Proj:
12-4

5th Seed
Detroit
Proj:
11-5
@
The week 16 game between the Falcons and Saints is a toss up for me. If the Falcons win Carolina get the 4th seed. If the Saints win they get the 4th seed. Either way I dont see the NFCS having a team with a winning record.

4th Seed
Carolina
Proj:
6-9-1

4th Seed
New Orleans
Proj:
7-9

The two teams that I would want to avoid come playoff time would be Denver and Baltimore. That is why I will be routing hard against Baltimore for the rest of the way.
Because of Indy's schedudle, I see them as no worse than a 3 seed, possibly even a 2.
I'd like to see Cincy or Cleveland win their division(Dalton and Hoyer, enough said lol)
Pittsburgh can be scary offensively, but I think they are very weak on the defensive side. No way KC
would beat us at Foxboro, especially after they beat us the first time.

I would love to see Denver drop to the 3-seed or lower and lose out on that 1st-round bye. Manning is just not in the business of winning playoff games... (Probably won't happen though, as they have the head-to-head over Indy.)

No clue how the bottom end of the AFC will churn out. Those AFC N teams are all super bipolar this season; they have all had moments that made me go "Ugh, I want no part of that" but others that made me simply lol.

Really interesting, I think there is a very real scenario where both Seattle and SF miss out on the playoffs. Except for one game in Philly, Seattle has all divisional games left -- including all four of their matchups with SF and Arizona -- and St Louis has already demonstrated they're up to the task. I just don't see them making it... SF at least has games against the Skins and Oakland in that span. Guess it didn't take the league long to catch up to that style of play...

Last edited:

Why? I'd rather have Denver win the division. We have a tiebreaker against them.

Why? I'd rather have Denver win the division. We have a tiebreaker against them.

I don't know of any other Pats fans who would want DEN to win the division.

We'd much rather see them forced to get a WC spot and play on the road.

I would love to see Denver drop to the 3-seed or lower and lose out on that 1st-round bye. Manning is just not in the business of winning playoff games... (Probably won't happen though, as they have the head-to-head over Indy.)

Absolutely--and if they lost the division altogether they'd be forced to play 3 games on the road as a wildcard in an attempt to get to the SB.

I feel a tremble in the Force that Peyton's remaining season will be Epic!
...and not in the way the Donks will be braying about.

I don't know of any other Pats fans who would want DEN to win the division.

We'd much rather see them forced to get a WC spot and play on the road.

As long as we get #1..i don't care...because they would have to come here..and that's not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back