PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'Tis the season for playoff scenarios (NFL Playoff Machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you asking how Denver misses the playoffs, it could happen if they lose 3 out of these 4:

Home v. Dolphins
at KC
at SD
at Cincy

I see them going 2-2.

Do I think they could lose 3 of 4? Of course.

And if that happens, they are out of the playoffs.

They could still easily make the playoffs at 10-6, probably would, in fact.

LOL

FIRST-ROUND BYES
1st Seed
San Diego
Proj:
10-6
2nd Seed
Houston
Proj:
8-7-1
WILD-CARD GAMES
6th Seed
Kansas City
Proj:
9-7
@
3rd Seed
Cleveland
Proj:
8-7-1
5th Seed
Denver
Proj:
10-6
@
4th Seed
NY Jets
Proj:
8-8
Current Playoff Picture

Ha Ha Ha. LOL, indeed. You're really funny, buddy. Somewhere there exists a universe where that might be possible. Sorry you're stuck in this one, buddy.

The ESPN playoff machine. The only way the Jet fans can put their team in the playoffs.

I see the Jet trolls are out this week...must be bored from the bye week or something.

For those too sane for ESPN, here is the yahoo version.

They could still easily make the playoffs at 10-6, probably would, in fact.

Not if they lose to the Bengals.

Just use the playoff machine and make sure their loss is to the Bengals.

They're only one game out of the #1 seed. After their bye this week they play NO, KC and Cincy at home and Cincy and Atlanta on the road. Sounds doable to me.
The Steelers have 4 loses. That puts them 1.5 games back at a minimum from NE, with 2 losses, and they will have to run the table not to fall further behind.

Funny you should say that, yesterday on sports radio they had a long section on Bill Parcell's... to this day I don't know why after finally getting the Pats to their first super bowl, he totally blew it by worrying about his next job. Absolute mind-screw.
2nd SB

Having the division winner get a playoff spot seems to me to be the fairest way in the current format but it pisses me off that a 7-9 team gets a HOME playoff game making it more likely they advance instead of being bounced in the first round like they should be. I think once you have the 6 teams in, the 3-6 seed should be shuffled based on record so the 5 seed that played very good all year but had a great team in the same division gets the home game over a crappy division winner.

Ha Ha Ha. LOL, indeed. You're really funny, buddy. Somewhere there exists a universe where that might be possible. Sorry you're stuck in this one, buddy.

The ESPN playoff machine. The only way the Jet fans can put their team in the playoffs.

I see the Jet trolls are out this week...must be bored from the bye week or something.

No troll, I'm here posting every week buddy. My simulation was meant to be a joke although I guess it is possible buddy. I seem to remember a Ryan named buddy.

I have Denver missing the playoffs at 10 - 6. Patriots as second seed at 12 - 4, losses to GB and SD. Pitt #1 seed.
So a team that lost to the Jets a couple of weeks ago is your number one seed?

Don't know the seeding, but I'll predict that if Sanders and J. Thomas aren't back playing well soon, Denver won't win their division.

Heck, Denver better not be asleep on Sunday, at all, or Miami will put a hurt on them - oh, and the HIGH temp in Denver Sunday is expected in the mid-30's.
Kind of a tossup as to who that is worse for isn't it? The hot weather team coming north to face Mr. Doesn't Like COld Weather on a cold day?

I didn't realize how tough Denver's schedule was from here on out.

They are actually really lucky they got the Jets on the road this year rather than Miami or Buffalo, they got both teams at home which really helps them out. But either way @ KC, @ SD, @ Cincy? Those all could be losses easily along with the Miami game.

Glad we aren't the only ones who got it tough.

Don't know the seeding, but I'll predict that if Sanders and J. Thomas aren't back playing well soon, Denver won't win their division.

Heck, Denver better not be asleep on Sunday, at all, or Miami will put a hurt on them - oh, and the HIGH temp in Denver Sunday is expected in the mid-30's.

Julius Thomas isn't even in a walking boot, so I think his injury was a bit overstated to be honest with you.

They seem to have gotten lucky....again--at least in that aspect, anyways.

AFC
1. New England 13-3
2. Indianapolis 12-4
3. Pittsburgh 11-5
4. Kansas City 11-5
5. Denver 11-5
6. Baltimore 10-6

NFC
1. Arizona 13-3
2. Green Bay 13-3
3. Philadelphia 11-5
4. New Orleans 9-7
5. Detroit 11-5
6. San Francisco 11-5

LOL

FIRST-ROUND BYES
1st Seed
San Diego
Proj:
10-6
2nd Seed
Houston
Proj:
8-7-1
WILD-CARD GAMES
6th Seed
Kansas City
Proj:
9-7
@
3rd Seed
Cleveland
Proj:
8-7-1
5th Seed
Denver
Proj:
10-6
@
4th Seed
NY Jets
Proj:
8-8
Current Playoff Picture
NFC
FIRST-ROUND BYES
1st Seed
Arizona
Proj:
14-2
2nd Seed
Philadelphia
Proj:
11-5
WILD-CARD GAMES
6th Seed
San Francisco
Proj:
10-6
@
3rd Seed
Green Bay
Proj:
10-6
5th Seed
Dallas
Proj:
11-5
@
4th Seed
Atlanta
Proj:
9-7
This post deserves a lifetime ban, from the internet altogether.

AFC
1. New England 13-3
2. Indianapolis 12-4
3. Pittsburgh 11-5
4. Kansas City 11-5
5. Denver 11-5
6. Baltimore 10-6

NFC
1. Arizona 13-3
2. Green Bay 13-3
3. Philadelphia 11-5
4. New Orleans 9-7
5. Detroit 11-5
6. San Francisco 11-5

Yep, I think 2 get in from the AFCN and AFCW also.

As far as the NFC goes, I agree with your top 2 seeds, maybe even your top 3 seeds. After that, I'd have a hard time imagining N.Orleans coming back from a 4-6 record like that. I also think that if SF gets in, they can definitely still be dangerous.

Those of you asking how Denver misses the playoffs, it could happen if they lose 3 out of these 4:

Home v. Dolphins
at KC
at SD
at Cincy

I see them going 2-2.

Do I think they could lose 3 of 4? Of course.

And if that happens, they are out of the playoffs.
The Miami Dolphins are frauds, watch them choke down the stretch once again.

This post deserves a lifetime ban, from the internet altogether.

Poor guy came to poke fun at his team and everyone's jumping down his throat :)

Yep, I think 2 get in from the AFCN and AFCW also.

As far as the NFC goes, I agree with your top 2 seeds, maybe even your top 3 seeds. After that, I'd have a hard time imagining N.Orleans coming back from a 4-6 record like that. I also think that if SF gets in, they can definitely still be dangerous.
Somebody has to win the NFC South, don't they?

Balt @ NO W
NO @ Pitt L
Car @ NO W
NO @ Chi W (Bears are god awful)
Atl @ NO W
NO @ Tampa Bay W (Buccaneers are god awful)

Poor guy came to poke fun at his team and everyone's jumping down his throat :)
Jets 2-14

RageRage19 states all is well. Geno unlimited ceiling. Wrecks coach of the year. Idzik all according to plan. Blah, Blah, Blah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down