PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tired of the running up the score talk from Dallas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlpatsfan

On the Roster
Reaction score
This whole thing is a bunch of crap. First off I don't think we ran up the score. Just be cause we didn't humiliate them by kneeling it out and turning it over on downs doesn't mean we did something bad. We ran it right up the middle four times with a 4th string rookie back and they couldn't stop us. We all but broadcast what we were going to do to give them every chance to keep their honor and they didn't stop us. The whole point of the game is for the offense to score and the defense to stop them. If they couldn't do it under those circumstances then shame on them not on us. We did the same thing in Buffalo and they stopped us. I know this will not be a popular opinion but it is what I believe so let the bashing begin.

What do you mean it's not a popular opinion? I think this is the opinion of 75% of the people on here. Let's move on to Miami. Dallas is roadkill in the rear view mirror as far as I am concerned. Go Pats!!

Mods - Merge? Looks like this has been discussed at length in other threads also. Thanks.

Well...maybe they shouldn't be calling timeouts when they are down by 14 with under 2 minutes to go in a goaline situation? Maybe we would of ran out the clock.

Exactly, Philips called his last timeout so they were still trying to "win" the game! I think it is more embarassing as a defense if the offense kneels the ball on you. If they are worried about us running up the score then they should have manned up and stopped us. Eckel is a guy Belichick has great respect for due to the Navy connection and based on the health of the running backs the next few weeks he may not be here. There is nothing wrong with rewarding a guy with a TD for his hardwork. It isn't like we were running reverses or flea flickers with 2 minutes left.

There's no whining in football. All they have to do is make a tackle.

Coach B said yesterday on EEI that he would definitley have taken a knee if Dallas didn't call the second time out.

I am actually more sick of Dallas players acting like they were actually the better team and circumstances caused them to lose rather than being outplayed, but that is besides the point.

At the time, I was a little off put by the fact we scored, but Belichick did explain why he did it and it is a valid reason. Besides, if the Cowboys didn't want us to run up the score, all they had to do is stop the Pats' fourth string RB on a fourth and goal.

Kneel before the Pats!

Eff You, Dallas! GFY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes