PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tiquan released; Ocho active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tiquan released

I do. There's no way to say that this was the best for the team. But you let a guy go through the whole pomp and circumstance of playing in the SB for two weeks and then cut him for a reserve DE the day before the game?
Well clearly BB feels its best for the team. Silvestro is obviously going to be active and Underwood was obviously not going to be, otherwise they would have cut someone else who would be inactive.

Personally, I don't think Silvestro or Underwood will have much of an impact on SB46...that's why I feel bad for Tiquan (unless he screwed up royally somehow).
Well Silvestro will dress. Underwood wasn't going to.
Is he really hurt by being inactive and on the roster vs inactive and not on the roster?

And all those other teams have so much to do right now. :rolleyes:

If the league really wanted to stick it to BB, they'd all pass on Underwood so the Giants could claim him.

Yeah..something called future squad reserve list. Giants would have cut a player and claimed him.

Pats have been signing people to that and so have the rest of the NFL teams.

Remember we signed a QB, Hartline in Jan.

Is he really hurt by being inactive and on the roster vs inactive and not on the roster?

You keep saying the same thing over and over. Why?

He was released. He's no longer on any Pats roster. He'll be watching the SB from his hotel room. What don't you get about that?

You see, Mr. Spock, people have these things called "emotions"....
So the coach of the Patriots is supposed to do what is best for the emotional happiness of a guy who won't be active anyway instead of what gets the best team on the field? Really?

It makes a big difference to him.
Why? He wasn't going to play either way. The 54th guy became more important than the 46th-53rd who were going to be inactive. Underwood the one of those 8 that had the least value to the team going forward.
What are decisions supposed to be based upon?

You keep saying the same thing over and over. Why?

He was released. He's no longer on any Pats roster. He'll be watching the SB from his hotel room. What don't you get about that?

What's to get? He wasn't going to play. Someone needed to be cut.
Its the NFL not the CubScouts.
And he will probably be on the sidelines anyway.

1z6un95.jpg

And all those other teams have so much to do right now. :rolleyes:

If the league really wanted to stick it to BB, they'd all pass on Underwood so the Giants could claim him.

Why are you so personally offended by this?

Are you not happy for Silvestro, working hard all year and now getting a chance to play in the SB?

So the coach of the Patriots is supposed to do what is best for the emotional happiness of a guy who won't be active anyway instead of what gets the best team on the field? Really?

Says you. Neither Silvestro nor Underwood will see much playing time on Sunday and will have a minimal effect on the game.

The Pats shouldn't have to pin their SB hopes on a reserve DE.

Exactly (well, except I think he'll be in an upper box with IR'd players, not on the sidelines.) Game moves involving active and inactives happen all the time. To me, "cut" is procedural. He still part of the team and I think they will take care of him just as they would if he was simply "inactive." He's had a great ride this year.

You guys apparently think that, oh, BB suddenly decided on a whim on the eve of the Super Bowl, "We need another DE! I know! I'll cut that guy with the hair I don't like!"

Everything like this is carefully thought out and prepared. Nothing to worry about. They let him be in the team picture for a reason.

Making a cold move the eve of the Super Bowl. Unless Tiquan was cool with this and understood this was gonna happen.

Why would it have to be OK with the guy who got cut?
Seriously, Underwood clearly wasn't going to play (otherwise they would have cut a different guy who was going to be inactive) and Silvestro is. Someone had to be cut.

Pop quiz: Prior to signing Silvestro, who was the primary backup at 3-4 OLB for the Pats?

It's official....we have TiquanGate. They hate their coach. BB is such a sadistic, cruel bastard. We are going down in flames since we no longer have Tiquan on our roster. Mutiny on the Bounty....:bricks:

1) I'm anticipating a heavy d-line rotation
2) They want stouter special teams
3) Ocho is going to have a big game

Oh, someone needed to be cut? Is there a rule that says teams have to cut a player the day before the Super Bowl? There isn't is there? Who did the Giants cut today?

Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me how much playing time and impact will Silvestro have on the game?

You guys apparently think that, oh, BB suddenly decided on a whim on the eve of the Super Bowl, "We need another DE! I know! I'll cut that guy with the hair I don't like!"

Then why do it the day before the SB and not two weeks ago?

Reiss: On DL Alex Silvestro's promotion, 1 thought is that in longer game, could be more of rotation with DL. Also helps on special teams (PR/KR).

Edit: Looks like Jays52 nailed it, of course, a few posts ago.

Last edited:

Everything like this is carefully thought out and prepared. Nothing to worry about. They let him be in the team picture for a reason.

Well not necessarily. They may well have decided in their last minute preparations and deciding on the 45 actives that they needed another DL and promoted Silvestro. That meant one of the 8 inactives had to be cut. I don't know why people seem to think Underwood has some kind of entitlement to have a roster spot and be an inactive player on the 53 man roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes