PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tiquan released; Ocho active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tiquan released

Actually I think this would mean BB happy with WR/TE corps and better to have another DL to keep me fresh and pressure Elisha

Watching a replay of the regular season game today, Andre Carter got a lot of pressure. Not that Silvestro will do the same, but, like you said, keep them fresh.

There's really no difference in this then him being inactive. He's still getting a ring if they win.

Edelman, Underwood, and Slater played a total of 30 snaps in the AFCCG. If those all go to Chad that's a good chance for him to be the hero.

That means Gronk must be alright! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching a replay of the regular season game today, Andre Carter got a lot of pressure. Not that Silvestro will do the same, but, like you said, keep them fresh.

THEM is correct. Hate the effin auto spellcheck !

There's really no difference in this then him being inactive. He's still getting a ring if they win.

I'm sure it means a world of difference to Tiquan. Even if he only played one snap in the SB he'd be able to tell his grandkids that the played in the SB with one of the all time great QB's.

Now his story will be, I got cut the day before the SB and didn't play in it at all after practicing with the team all week.

I sort of get the football logic behind it....maybe...but cutting a guy the day before the actual game is extremely harsh (unless he did something to warrant getting cut that is. e.g.- screwing up badly in practice).

Might make sense that they did it now than a week before. Because the Giants would have claimed him and now they would have to wait 24 hrs for the waivers to kick in. Game is in less than 24 hrs.

That is cold and not cool at all, unless he did something wrong.

This was my first thought. Some sort of shakeup/wakeup call for the other young'uns that now is NOT the time for Shenanigan X?

Last edited:

Wow, Bill. That's cold.

BB doesn't care whether cold or not. This is for the SB, feelings are put aside. BB will make decisions that give the team best chance to win

I'm sure it means a world of difference to Tiquan. Even if he only played one snap in the SB he'd be able to tell his grandkids that the played in the SB with one of the all time great QB's.

Now his story will be, I got cut the day before the SB and didn't play in it at all after practicing with the team all week.

I sort of get the football logic behind it....maybe...but cutting a guy the day before the actual game is extremely harsh (unless he did something to warrant getting cut that is. e.g.- screwing up badly in practice).

Unless he did something really bad, on or off the field, than this is a pretty crappy thing to do.

Someone's gonna say it, but I hope it's not the case: Bad karma.

BB doesn't care whether cold or not. This is for the SB, feelings are put aside. BB will make decisions that give the team best chance to win

It still doesn't mean it isn't a cold-blooded thing to do to the guy before the biggest game of his life. A game he'll now be watching on TV instead of from the sideline.

Again. If we had cut him 2 weeks or even less than a week ago, the Giants would have claimed him. No need to risk that.

Again. If we had cut him 2 weeks or even less than a week ago, the Giants would have claimed him. No need to risk that.

Very possible...perhaps they had always intended to do this?

I doubt this transaction has anything to do with Underwood and everything to do with Silvestro.

It still doesn't mean it isn't a cold-blooded thing to do to the guy before the biggest game of his life. A game he'll now be watching on TV instead of from the sideline.

Do you not want BB to do what is best for the team?

Um, the Giants could sign him right now with the Pats gameplan already set. If they released him two weeks ago, they would have had time to alter the plan.

Unless he did something really bad, on or off the field, than this is a pretty crappy thing to do.

Does that, by rule, cost him his $88,000 SB share?

if i had to make a wild guess it would be this:

the Pats really like Silvestro(sp), and want him on the active roster after the season ends in order to keep him from other teams easier???

no other way i can make sense of it

i agree. why else make this move unless you start silvestro.

he must have looked great in practice against our line. however, on the other side, what if this type of player had success against our o line in practice. hmmmm

Very possible...perhaps they had always intended to do this?

I doubt this transaction has anything to do with Underwood and everything to do with Silvestro.

Well yeah. But I rather cut a player less than 24 hrs to go (since the waivers take 24 hrs to kick in) than 2 weeks or less than 2 days to go.

Giants would have claimed him for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey