PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tips for those visiting Foxboro

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Many of us live outside the New England area and would like to come to a game at Gillette Stadium. Maybe the locals can help answer questions and provide tips to us out of towners in this thread.

What are some hotels near the stadium area that you recommend staying at (feel free to provide various price ranges)?

Aside from exploring Boston, what are some other day trips that might be worth doing during a visit? Rhode Island? Nantuckett? etc.

Which weeks are the best to see fall foliage?

What are some restaurants owned or frequented by Patriots players or have some history associated with the team?

What hotels do visiting teams typically stay at?

Does Gillette Stadium offer tours?

What are the Pro Shop hours on non-gamedays?

What are the best stores to shop at for Patriots gear?

Feel free to add questions to this thread or to answer these or provide any other tips to us tourist coming in for a game.

Thanks in advance

September is the only month you'll really appreciate the foliage. While you're at it, go up to NH and visit the White Mountains. Tons of tourists there during the fall season.

I used to live in NH for 6 years and lived only 45 minutes away from Gillette stadium so I can't answer any other questions. But I now live in Texas so thanks for making this thread. I might need to look back over here when the time comes that I make up trip up to New England.

Day Trips...
1. Lexington & Concord (esp. Concord Bridge) for the historical minded
2. Portsmouth NH, easy drive up Rt 95 55 minutes north; small walkable seacoast city with many good restaurants & Prescott Park waterfront
3. Rockport & Gloucester MA. Halibut Point is a nice walk around an abandoned quarry; also Crane's beach in Ipswitch if the weather is warm;
4. Newport RI - tour the mansions

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back