PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tip of the cap to Henne...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. His problem is lack of red zone production and the throws that make you scratch your head. The only bad throw I can think off was in the first half when he had Hartline up the sideline splitting cover two and he was late on the throw and the ball went off the finger tips of Leigh Bodden who was trailing the play.

Red zone effeciency, the dude was responsible for all 3 of our touchdowns.

He balled out last night. Only problem, he was playing Tom freaking Brady.

I think you are missing my point.

Between the first and ninth drives (8:48 to go), the Dolphins had 6 punts, an 87 yard FG drive, and the 9 yard TD drive. Capitalizing on a turnover is good, you can't live on them.

The reality is this was when the game was decided.

The soft, "prevent" defense is my main source of irritation. If there is one thing to be mad about, I'm glad it's that.

What would the story line be if starting one th 1 yard line, the Pats executed an easy clock killing 5+ minute drive? What would be the level of Henne praise?

Glad you noticed Henne. Don't know why people wrote him off so quickly when the Dolphins had a conservative run first offense with Henning and didn't allow Henne to audible. Still needs to throw better into the endzone & be consistent (Though Marshall dropped a tough catch. It was tough but you have to make it sometimes.) But they should be able to run it in from less than a yard out. Don't know why they didn't try Reggie on the outside. And I really don't know why they let Ricky go. We'll see what happen when Thomas can play.

By the way, Jets fans don't think it had much to do with the Dolphins passing offense, they just think your defense sucks. Please kick their ass on October 9th and bang them up. Dolphins have a bye week the 9th then go to NJ where they haven't lost since 2007. I can't believe Romo coughed up the game in such terrible fashion for the Chokeboys. Maybe the Jaguars can pull one out...

Figured the Patriots would win (They do not lose Week 1 games with Brady/Belichick), but I did not expect over 1,000 yards of offense from both teams combined. 1994 Season Opener anyone?

Only one week in, but this division just might be a *lot* tougher than originally anticipated - especially for the Jets, if the offenses of Buffalo and Miami are for real.

I'm of the opinion that the offenses of Miami and Buffalo in Week 1 were more of a reflection of how little prepared defenses across the league were for actual game-time action. Give it a couple of weeks and those offenses will most definitely slow down.

I'm thinking both Miami and Buffalo are improved. KC, I think, is going to have a rough season, but Buffalo deserves credit for laying down such a thorough beating. I think their offense will function a bit more consistently than last year. I could see another shootout coming against them in the next couple weeks.

Good QB play will help the Dolphins a lot. They had one of the worst offenses in the league last year, and that was a good confidence building performance for Henne last night. I think he'll prove a pretty passable passer, maybe around the level of a Cassel, a Hasselbeck, or a Pennington in their primes. I don't expect a big improvement from last year's 7 wins, but they'll play tough against anybody who lines up across from them.

It can be a combination of both, but you put on the tape of the Patriots Monday game from last year and than last night's game, I saw two differnet quarterbacks. A guy not afraid to take off and run with it, AGGRESSIVELY. A guy that can shift in the pocket, get on the move and make an accurate throw. A guy that can stand it there and take one on the chops and deliver a throw on schedule.

It's just one game, but I'm VERY encouraged with our young quarterback. And I also think we had more YAC in last night's game than all of 2010 put together.

Our defense is not even close to that bad. We just ran into a machine. The greatest quarterback ever, playing at his absolute best.

We'll be okay. We won't beat you guys, but we'll win 8-10 games.

A good coach like Daboll knows to work around what Henne has. I was very impressed with Henne when he came into the league. There is no reason he can't be an above average QB. From there with more confidence who knows but it's possible he takes another step after that. If this kid gains confidence Miami is set at the position for a while which is great for our division rivalry.

It looked good but was it Henne or was it Daboll???

I'm thinking it was a bit more about Daboll's plan ... nothing against Henne but great plans inspire confidence.

Daboll was the OC who helped the Brown's destroy us last year.

Somebody has to execute that plan, it doesn't execute itself and that man would be and was Henne. I thought the guy played a good game. Fortunately for us, not good enough.

I'm thinking both Miami and Buffalo are improved. KC, I think, is going to have a rough season, but Buffalo deserves credit for laying down such a thorough beating. I think their offense will function a bit more consistently than last year. I could see another shootout coming against them in the next couple weeks.

Good QB play will help the Dolphins a lot. They had one of the worst offenses in the league last year, and that was a good confidence building performance for Henne last night. I think he'll prove a pretty passable passer, maybe around the level of a Cassel, a Hasselbeck, or a Pennington in their primes. I don't expect a big improvement from last year's 7 wins, but they'll play tough against anybody who lines up across from them.

Yeah, we PATS fans focus mostly on the hated YETS but the Bill's win in KC made me sit up and take notice. This dvision may be tightening and it could be very competitive in the not too distant future. YETS take notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back