PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Timothe Luwawu (France) - Being Linked to Celtics 16th Pick.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Timothe Luwawu | NBADraft.net

NBA Comparison: Thabo Sefolosha
Strenghts: Standing 6-7 (even if seems a little less) he has excellent size for an NBA backcourt player ... He’s a solid athlete, lower body is well developed, giving him good speed and solid leaping ability, combined with a long wingspan ... He has a decent handle and shows some ability to create from the dribble, even if he’s more effective when helped by a screen or when he’s assisted in off the ball situations ... Despite being a natural scorer, he shows solid passing skills, he’s able to read the situations and involve teammates when the defense collapses on him ... He has a natural talent in drawing contact, which often leads to free throw opportunities, increasing his overall effectiveness as a scorer ...

He’s really improved as a shooter, with fluid mechanics and range behind the three point line ... He shoots with confidence using both pull-up jumpers off the dribble or in spot up situations, with the ability to collect a lot of points in a very short time when he cacthes fire ... With his size and quick first step he’s able to attack the rim effectively, even if he’s not his primary solution. He has the potential to be a good defender with his wingspan and instincts, and he’s already a solid rebounder for the role. The improvements and the evolution he have had over the last year show a good work ethic and will to improve. His style is perfectly suitable for NBA game

He's supposedly already in NYC, so he must have been given top-20 assurances by somebody.

Depending on what they do with #3, however, the Cs could have their choice of 2-4 Bigs who should still be available at 16, and there will be a LOT of them available in the 8-18 range.

After Rim-Protector and Glass-Eater, the next need is a Scoring SG/SF (the James Young Experiment is Ovah; he's a Bust, and Danny should've drafted the Consesnsus BPA Gary Harris).
I might wait until 23 to see which of the remaining SG/SFs slips, be it Luwawu, Denzel Valentine, Furkan Korkmaz, Malachi Richardson, DeAndre Bembry or Malik Beasley.

Is this kid a stash candidate in 2016-17 or is he intent on the NBA?
Regardless, if the Celts can secure the rights to the pink/green uniform design……oui oui.

He could probably be still drafted and stashed, but I'd rather do that to the 2nd-rounders.

From the video….gotta love the bend and break defense on display. Must be a French league …no one surrenders faster than the French.

I like Sabonis at 16.

I would love Sabonis at 16, but I fear that he will be gone by then.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back