Welcome to PatsFans.com

Times are gona be good for some....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Ilikehappyppl, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Number of millionaires is projected to rise rapidly - May. 5, 2011

So this is why some people don't want a millionaire tax increase.....:cool:

Where are the ******* jobs??????????????? This is why lowering taxes on the rich will never work, when your greedy more is never enough.

Its going to get really bad if people don't start investing back into this country, if they don't create jobs, its going to be a civil facking war:rocker: I for one can't wait for it to get bad, only way things will change and god knows we need change, just remember rich, that there are a lot more of us then there are of you! Your money won't save you!

And plz don't give me this :"They worked hard for their money" crap, most people get inheritance(to start a business) or are day traders or work the hedge fund, very and I mean very few people actually work for their money.....

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. Ilikehappyppl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Oh great! The PatsFansLefties have somehow acquired their very own Harry Boy.

Let me go on record, please, as disavowing any group-lump association here.

Ilikehappyppl and I may share some views - this is not one of them.

It's not appreciated, either.

I, for one, do not want, nor am I eagerly waiting for, it to "get worse." It's not a matter of who's got more people or who's got more guns or who's louder or who's madder - it matters that we've all got skin in the game and we've all got families who would be hurt, and perhaps hurt badly, if some godawful "civil frackin' war" broke out.

It's an extremist view and very few of us are extremists.

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +852 / 12 / -7

I gotta say, ILHP, I like you most of the time but if I take this seriously I'm a little on the horrified side -- you know, in a bourgie liberal kind of way.

It's not just the insanity of a "civil fackin war" in a country with more guns than people.

It's more that even assuming minimal carnage, you don't solve the problem.

Here's what I think - the OWS protests are doing exactly what they should do right now, get people's heads around how facked up the results of laissez faire, rob-from-the-poor capitalism is.

Here's the downside -- the farthest down the road you can get without a full-on disaster (which is how I would view a civil war in America) would be a halfway measure by radical standards. (Of course.)

Here's the upside -- the way this country has been, a moderate (bourgie) solution will look and feel "radical." Relativity and all that.

Downside of the upside... it's just a re-set, awaiting the next paroxysm, even in the best of all worlds.

So tell me you're slinging rhetoric for fun, will ya?

PFnV

5. Ilikehappyppl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sometimes it take a war to change things, hence the Civil War....

What if we just talked about giving blacks the right of freedom, do you really think they would of got it? Instead of fighting?

What if during the Revolutionary War way we just tried to talk our way out of the taxation of England? Instead of fighting?

Sometimes war is the only way to change things.....you might not like it, it may not be pretty but its the only way sometimes to change things.....;)

BTW don't ever call me left, I'm anything but.....I'm as middle of the road as you can get, some of my views are strong because I understand Humans and History.......In order to make things better they have to get worse first!:cool:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  6. Ilikehappyppl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

See the post above,

7. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +344 / 7 / -4

Plenty of people work hard despite not doing manual labor.

I'm not one to compare being a hedge fund manager to being a coal miner, but at the same time, let's not pretend that they're screwing around from 9-5 waiting to punch a time clock, either. Same goes for most CEOs, etc.

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +471 / 18 / -17

I agree pretty much with Ilikehappyppl. Our nation is a lot bigger mess than most people I think realize. Most of us probably live in middle class bubbles, and are somewhat insulated from those who are struggling. But, I work in two of the poorer communities, and there are so many who are resorting to things like renting out their living room sofa, sleeping in their cars, taking in relatives, pooling food stamps, skipping meals, etc. Some of these people find work on Craigslist and are lucky to earn $100/week; others work part-time at minimum wage jobs, the only jobs they can find. And, for your information, I'm talking about white people; it's probably even worse for people of color.

I think between the Tea Party and OWS, there is a real possibility that people will take matters into their own hands like happened in the 60s, with mostly good results for the very poor.

I don't think we should hope things get bad, especially because history shows that in bad economic times, it's often fascists who rise to power, but in the absence of a serious effort to address the fundamental needs of hundreds of thousands (if not more) of Americans, then we should hope that they find a way to have a voice that resonates with the American electorate at large.

9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +852 / 12 / -7

Interesting.

Since responding here, I posted the "99% declaration."

I noticed the comments included a lot of this kind of viewpoint. And as I've said here repeatedly, I'm a moderate branded a liberal because of the narrowness of the local spectrum. So I can't join you -- or some of the extremist commenters on that link -- in your extreme action plan.

I'm just watching the wheels go 'round and 'round... but I don't think that street fighting is going to get anybody anywhere but gassed a time or two.

And by the way, ILHP, I think it's through the person of MLK -- including his universal compassion and his extension of Gandhi's work (satyagraha and ahimsa, "steadfast standing in the truth" and nonviolence) -- that the civil rights struggle succeeded to the extent it did. You can argue that it was burning the cities that did it, and King just rode the wave. I reject that point of view, personally. Like I said, a bourgie liberal here, not a revolutionary.

I like the "declaration" people, and would love to see your respective takes on that plan.

I mean, just in case it's of any interest, even though the "threat" is political, not physically violent, and does not necessitate the re-birth of a people in blood and fire and all that.

PFnV

10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +852 / 12 / -7

As to who rises to power: 1968.

PFnV

11. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +344 / 7 / -4

Bob Gibson? pitchers?

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +471 / 18 / -17

Let's see, Nixon was forced to get us out of Vietnam. During his reign we saw the rise of women's rights (including abortion rights), the start of the gay rights movement, the beginnings of the environmental movement, and the ostracization of the far right.

In effect, the Democrats and Republicans lost, MLK and RFK were assassinated, yet the American people won.

13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +699 / 20 / -30

Quite macabre, do not see how american people won anything after MLK and RFK were assassinated...

14. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Our country is too big and diverse to be governed centrally which is why the states should be more empowered to manage themselves rather than by federal mandate.

15. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Nixon??....

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +471 / 18 / -17

I'm just saying the forces of evil could not stop the people once they were mobilized.

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

The "Civil War" gets closer each day, the Left Wing consatntly wants the Right Wing to kiss it's ass and it ain't gonna happen.

Get Ready

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +344 / 7 / -4

funny stuff...

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

"Constuntly'......

20. PatsFanInVa