PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Timeline of league providing false info

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots released those emails. Not the NFLPA or Brady. Brady/NFLPA didn't violate the judge's order.
I know. I'm getting carried away. Just so sick of this team getting crapped on.

Looks like Bob is finally realizing the future of the NFL is at stake and something needs to be done. I am surprised it took him so long to figure out the *NFL office is corrupt, but better late than never.

I wish the pats didnt release it on a friday. All the national media might forget this monday.

I wish the pats didnt release it on a friday. All the national media might forget this monday.
The media is a bunch of 5 year olds around a soccer ball....they'll forget anyway.

About a year ago, Mark Cuban predicted that the NFL would implode in ten years. "Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." He was close. As it turns out, the NFL's tragic flaw isn't greed, as Cuban predicted, but the hubris of the league officials. I think the league is eventually going to bring some respectability back to the office. They'll need to start with someone with a lot more credibility than Roger Goodell. Maybe Vince McMahon would take the job.

Too bad Judge Brennan didn't have the foresight to include Kraft and his organization in his media blackout. Now Kraft can fire all the shots he wants and Goodell and his crew have limited ability to fire back.

Gentlemen, let's take it to DefCon 3. Can't wait to see what takes it to DefCon 2 and then 1 :D

I love how Pash was concerned that releasing the correct PSI would just bring unneeded media attention. Yes, because since the incorrect report by Kelly Naqi and now the media has basically ignored the Deflategate story.
What he really meant was media attention focused on the league.

Oh, look, the NFL doing NFL things! Through all this I've been arguing with friends (fans of other teams) about how biased and corrupt this 'investigation' has been, and they keep saying 'but why would the NFL have it out for the Patriots, why would they want its biggest star suspended?' They just don't get it and they never will. And they'll gladly overlook the gross misconduct and blatant bias here, while roasting the league for the Rice investigation.

I'm now suddenly hopefully (well, very very mildly hopeful) that this is Kraft rolling up his sleeves. Enough is enough, after the appeal ruling I think he finally gets it and I hope he just says '**** it, 31 owners don't seem to care that my organization has been slandered and dragged through the mud for six months. Fine, then I'm suing your asses for supporting a corrupt regime and a corrupt investigation'. Not holding my breath, but this is at least an encouraging development.

One question: There's mention of the Patriots knowing the '11 of 12 footballs' report is wrong, and 'having the data right here...' - I was under the impression they didn't get the correct data until mid-March when they had to sign a non-disclosure? Were they merely told that report was incorrect? I'm confused about that bit. It'll be fascinating to see any future e-mails that have gone back and forth during this charade.

Re: Your question - My guess is that the Patriots are referring to the Rapaport report that came out just before the SH. That report wasn't entirely accurate, either, but was closer to the truth.

This is high school mean girl levels of pettiness.

Maybe Kraft didn't recognize it as such. I, having been a high school girl once, did.

This post makes me glad that I have a penis....

Flabbergasting. Just when you think we've reached the nadir, you find the NFL chipping away with a pickax.

You need to accept an incredible amount of cognitive dissonance to accept anything the NFL says about this whole cluster****. Sadly, it appears most media members and fans are willing to do just that.

Dude you need not to use such big words. Those of us sitting at home late at night having drank a FEW beers at a Hank Jr concert can't follow so easily. And bringing google into this just sucks.

He seems to be fighting back now. I've read elsewhere that doing this is against the league constituition, you aren't supposed to do this if your a team in the NFL. So he seems to be striking back.

The league surely has -- or at least thinks it has -- the power to order the Patriots to cut it out, and to punish them if they don't cut it out.

On the other hand, the practical exercise of such power would at this time be ... problematic.

One question: There's mention of the Patriots knowing the '11 of 12 footballs' report is wrong, and 'having the data right here...' - I was under the impression they didn't get the correct data until mid-March when they had to sign a non-disclosure? Were they merely told that report was incorrect? I'm confused about that bit. It'll be fascinating to see any future e-mails that have gone back and forth during this charade.
I had the same impression, and I thought that impression came from a Pat's source.

Massachusetts has 2 senators and 9 representatives. It would be nice if some of them got involved at this point. Those emails should certainly be troubling enough to get someone off his/her ass.

In fairness deer can be hard to find....
Not near me, I live in Bucks County ( seriously) and it is not named for the money. The joke here is that you're not a resident until you have hit a deer.....twice....not necessarily the same deer.
I see an average of two dead and ten live deer in my bit of suburbia every day.....
If they ever got guns, it would be Planet of the Apes all over again....

Re: Your question - My guess is that the Patriots are referring to the Rapaport report that came out just before the SH. That report wasn't entirely accurate, either, but was closer to the truth.

I had trouble with that also, but I think you can read it as a continuation of the suggested "quote" from LO to the press - the LO would be saying to the press "your numbers are wrong and here are the correct ones."

Posted on the PFT Page about John Mara's DeflateGate comments

At this point it seems to me that PR pressure is the only thing that the NFL responds to - and even the most Patriot-hating owner has to know that the League is "a little bit pregnant" when it comes to the public record of how they've conducted themselves - along with the increasing number of articles questioning the fairness and integrity of the League itself. I figured why not at least post this in an area where Mara's people will see it- it's a pretty reasonable request if I do say so myself ;)

An Open Letter to John Mara:

We, as NFL fans ,were told that Ted Wells would conduct a thorough investigation – not just into the allegation of football deflation by the Patriots – but into the very relevant issues of frequent false and damaging leaks that numerous reporters have confirmed came from multiple NFL League Office Sources

Despite this promise, such an investigation was never forthcoming as Ted Wells declined to address any issues related to the conduct of the League Office.

Additionally, the so-called “Independent” investigation, authored by a man who ESPN reports has received $45 million from the NFL over the past 2 years, was edited by the NFL League Office before it was released to the public, calling into question the independence and credibility of the report which found that Tom Brady may have been generally aware of something that may have taken place.

According to the Washington Post (which broke the Watergate scandal leading to the resignation of President Nixon,) the NFL is engaged in what it terms “a very unseemly pattern of unethical behavior by the league office under Goodell’s leadership” given an NFL disciplinary process which “lacks integrity and fairness.”

Given this serious charge, as a prominent owner who claims to support integrity and fairness in the NFL, we, the fans of the NFL call on you to demand a TRULY independent investigation into the conduct of the NFL League Offices, including former Jets President Mike Kensil.

If the NFL has nothing to hide, why not restore the integrity of the League by subjecting Roger Goodell and other members of the NFL League Offices to the same scrutiny they insist others comply with? This investigation should include Roger Goodell and Mike Kensil’s voluntarily providing their personal cell phones for the scrutiny of a truly independent investigator.

We await your response to this matter that is at the heart of the continuing popularity of the NFL.

Indeed I believe all fans of the NFL can agree that if the NFL League Offices lack integrity, then the NFL itself lacks integrity, and this presents a major crisis of leadership.

Please give this matter your immediate attention and public response.

Signed, all the Fans of the NFL

I'm certainly not taking credit for it, but it IS nice to see that Mike Florio is actually calling for an Investigation into the leaks - especially now with the emails about the leaks coming to light

Florio may hate the Patriots but he DOES value self-promotion and it could be that he sees himself playing a role in uncovering corruption in the League to be very much in his best interest

... and I think he legitimately believes that the League Offices SHOULD have a degree of integrity which I'm sure he at least now realizes just isn't there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down