PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to think ahead to 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that this season is down the drain, there is a huge need for the coaching and execution to improve. It seems that BB, Pees and McDaniels have to step up and make some different calls that play to the strength of this team, missing Seymour for a lot of the game, Harrison and Warren is hurtful, but can be overcome. But we are seeing our defensive needs, a quick impact linebacker and a more physical CB, which hopefully will be addressed in Free agency or the draft.

This may have been our "trap" game, and hopefully it will bring out the fire in these guys.

panic.gif

PATSNUTme said:
You were bull**** in March and you are bull**** now.

I do hope that you now hook on with another favorite team.

Say what you will, but this team sucks and is an embarrassment. I was right in March and Im afraid I'm right (as usual) here in November. This team is colder than Caesar and this season is pretty much all over but the crying. The good ole days were fantastic, at least we have them. I have a feeling I'll be watching a lot of old Pats DVDs this week wondering where the good times went.

Jacky Roberts said:
Say what you will, but this team sucks and is an embarrassment. I was right in March and Im afraid I'm right (as usual) here in November. This team is colder than Caesar and this season is pretty much all over but the crying. The good ole days were fantastic, at least we have them. I have a feeling I'll be watching a lot of old Pats DVDs this week wondering where the good times went.

Why do you keep bumping your godforsaken thread with more mindless drivel?

pats1 said:
Why do you keep bumping your godforsaken thread with more mindless drivel?
Maybe if people keep reading the drivel they will believe it??? Not sure..What is embrassing is that season ticket holders actually believe the manure....thinking they are always right in their myopic world..big head..no brains..THAt is a shame..

This thread is so ridiculous/inane I'm not even going to respond to it!

Why does everyone keep talking about Jacky as a fan? If he has season tickets, what the heck was he doing posting in the game forum yesterday...

Just curious.

Jacky, you represent everything that is miserable and disgusting with the human race. You put your opinion and yourself in front of everything else. You clearly would rather have the patriots lose so you could be "right", instead of have them win. And that kind of attitude is just why this site sucks now.

Sadly, Jacky will indeed be proven correct, unless...

1) BB removes play-calling responsibilities from his underqualified, overmatched stooge McDaniels. That this guy is OC of the NEP is mind-boggling. Someone with OC/HC experience should have been hired during the offseason. Arrogance.

2) Think of more creative ways to do so, but run the damn ball more. Not just up the middle, either, esp. with Maroney. Install the stretch, the power sweep, the quick toss, anything to get Maroney in space, and to get the defense thinking. Here's a thought: how about Dillon, Faulk and Maroney in the backfield at the same time? That should have been a no-brainer.

3) Doug Gabriel, he of the 13 Wonderlic, either stays focused or stays off the field.

4) Ben Watson takes a little pride in his blocking. And Grahambo stays healthy.

5) Chad Jackson gives BB more reason to put him, and his home-run ability, on the field.

6) TB stops doing his Drew Bledsoe impersonation, and starts moving outside more, using designed rollouts, selling play-action better, trying stretch-style handoffs, etc.

7) Richard $eemore starts earning his holdout-driven, Meion Branch-creating money, finally.

8) Marquise Hill is released, and replaced with a legitimate backup NT.

9) Dean Pees and BB create more exotic, and probably more risky, blitz packages. It is nearly metaphysically impossible for pressure on the QB to be derived solely from 3 big, run-stopping DLmen. Try double-blitzing from the same side, CB blitzing, Y'all Come, etc. The same old, same old, isn't cutting the mustard.

10) The defense finds a way to get off the field on 3rd downs, otherwise these old, slow LBs, with only 1(!) proven backup, will pass out from exhaustion. Alexander, Mays and Woods somehow must be given snaps with the regulars, esp. Alexander. Time to fish or cut bait with him.

11) Harrison and Wilson return to health, and dial the way-back machine to 2003 and 2004, while Samuels and Hobbs recreate the Bengals and Bills games - for the next 7+ weeks.

12) Don Davis and Larry Izzo are released. Their ST "contributions" are less than nothing. I would rather have Isaiah Kacyvenski and Monte Beisel on STs than these 2 old, slow, small has-beens.

If the pats can implement some of these suggestions on both sides of the ball, then they will at least be headed in the right direction. Whether they will be enough to overcome Indy, Denver, SD, Baltimore, Chicago, Miami, and Jax remains to be seen. That's why they play the games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back