PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to take on Felger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say thanks for the free publicity. Regardless of what he had to say, his mentioning of this site will drive more fans here. Hopefully he has something to say about PatsFans every day.

If he did say something less than flattering, so what? It's not as if there has never been an over reaction, dumb comment, or thread worthy of being moved to the Practice Squad here. Same holds true for any other active message board. Same also holds true for for a certain percentage of callers to his or any other sports talk radio show.

We give Felger and Borges exactly what they want every time we post a thread about them. As mentioned before by others here, the only way to hurt then is to ignore them.

I wonder if Ian can come up with a filter in that every time their names are typed, it's the same as typing **** or ****.

How, exactly, did he 'dis' the message board? I didn't listen to any radio yesterday.

He's a poor man's Zip Rzeppa and would pull out his own molars live on tv if that would guarantee him ratings. ....

Aw man, AWESOME. Low blow, but awesome. :rocker:

I just can't believe we had three pages on this guy AGAIN. (And of course I'm adding to it.)

Really, let's change the thread to "Time to Turn Off Felger." I did last year and it was easy. I wish all my bad-for-me habits were as easy to kick.

who cares if he was any body he would not have to talk about a Message Board... he does the same thing we do on this bord only he has a bigger soap box to state he's opinion on. anyone on this bord could do he's job and maybe even better

I would love it if that was true. I wish I could interview Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Bob & Jonathan Kraft in person. I wish I had access to the Patriots locker room all season long to interview and ask anything I want, to any player I want. I wish I was in a pseudo fraternity with many of the other beat writers and talking heads who share the same access that I did, to compare notes and opinions.

Instead I am Crowell33. I post on this internet message board.

Last edited:
If you happened to listen to 98.5 Sports Hub yesterday faternoon around 4:45 you got to hear Felger dissing PatsFans.com, especially the Message Board! One long time poster dared to disagree with Felger (the contrarian)! Who the heck does Felger think he is? The blow in from Wisconsin was also ripping Gaspar for not asking the tough questions to Claude Julien. Who died and made him king?

Actually, i think it's a pretty smart move for Felger. What's better than getting into an on air tiss with a 19K strong website?

Sounds like a ratings grab to merge old and new media....WWE style

If anything, this site has tons of subject material.

Felger is the jib from the turd ... he is lower than a turd.

You that listen to him .... :rofl: ... :rofl: .... :rofl:

Felger, Tomasse, Borges and Shaughnessy can all take a jump off the Zakim bridge and Boston would be the better for it. GO AWAY YOU IMBICLES!

GO AWAY YOU IMBICLES!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Felger, Tomasse, Borges and Shaughnessy can all take a jump off the Zakim bridge and Boston would be the better for it. GO AWAY YOU IMBICLES!

I actually stopped watching Comcast Mohegan Sports Tonight, after being a loyal viewer for years, because of the soccer player who had to quit playing because of all the concussions, who became host of the show. Taylor or Tyler something ?

Felger is excrement.

One does not "take on" excrement.

One flushes excrement.

I actually stopped watching Comcast Mohegan Sports Tonight, after being a loyal viewer for years, because of the soccer player who had to quit playing because of all the concussions, who became host of the show. Taylor or Tyler something ?
Yeah (Tyler Twellman), watching him and Felger together on the set is a real treat. I'd rather drag my privates through flame-heated broken glass.

What? That's the first time that I heard of a football player (or soccer as you may call it in the U.S.) who had to retire because of concussions. And I've been playing football for 16 years now and following it for allmost 20. He was definitely doing something wrong...

How, exactly, did he 'dis' the message board? I didn't listen to any radio yesterday.

I wondered the same thing. What did he say?

Three pages of vilification of Felger, yet no seems to know what he actually said?

I wondered the same thing. What did he say?

Three pages of vilification of Felger, yet no seems to know what he actually said?

It was actually Masserotti who dissed the anonymous blogs/message boards. Doesn't mind people criticizing him. Doesn't like it done anonymously. No accountability according to him. Not an unreal stance. As a former writer, you can tell he just doesn't like the new media; blogs, message boards, tweets, facebook, etc. Sounded more like a crumudgeon than anything.

I stand by my signature--

It was actually Masserotti who dissed the anonymous blogs/message boards. Doesn't mind people criticizing him. Doesn't like it done anonymously. No accountability according to him. Not an unreal stance. As a former writer, you can tell he just doesn't like the new media; blogs, message boards, tweets, facebook, etc. Sounded more like a crumudgeon than anything.

I think he dissed all boards, he said something like sonsofIliveinmymomsbasement, obviously a reference to sons of sam horn, I didnt hear anything about this board, He was going on how hes not a weenie or something, I vaguely heard it.

I'm struggling to see the anguish caused. So what if he dissed the board? Homeboy just gave it a plug on the #1 afternoon show for the board's main demographic. Nevermind the plug, the fact alone that he mentioned it means that it's worth reading to a major media icon in the market. That's pretty cool in my mind.

Regardless of the vitriol directed against him, the guy is damn good at his job and that deserves respect. Frankly, I find him entertaining as hell and at times there is validity in his hyperbole. At the end of the day, he, like most of us, is just doing his job and trying his best to further his career. I can't fault him for that, especially when he works in an ultimately inconsequential sector.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye