PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to switch to White uniforms at home ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Since we are pretty solid on the road, we should think about ditching the blue uniforms this yr for our white uniforms.. ok at least for the bears game

speaking of uniforms..what we scheduled to wear against Bears? Red? Grey? Blue? All blue?

when do we wear any alternates?

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Since we are pretty solid on the road, we should think about ditching the blue uniforms this yr for our white uniforms.. ok at least for the bears game

No way. It is an advantage for northern teams to have the dark jerseys and the southern teams to have the white Jerseys, at least on hot and cold days.

Hot days = White because you sweat more and get tired faster in the darker ones. (Edit)

It's only a slight advantage my papa taught me about when I was little, but it may determine game fatique... don't take chances.

I'm sure BB thought of this, which is why we may wear Dark at home vs the bears... unless for some odd reason it is supposed to be 100 degres out, which I highly doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
fleabassist1 said:
No way. It is an advantage for northern teams to have the dark jerseys and the southern teams to have the white Jerseys, at least on hot and cold days.

Hot days = White because you sweat more and get tired faster in the darker ones. (Edit)

It's only a slight advantage my papa taught me about when I was little, but it may determine game fatique... don't take chances.

I'm sure BB thought of this, which is why we may wear Dark at home vs the bears... unless for some odd reason it is supposed to be 100 degres out, which I highly doubt.

Yup...kinda like during the summer, you'd rather wear a white t-shirt than a black t-shirt. I think heat is supposed to bounce off light colors whereas dark colors absorb the heat. Something like that. You'll often see teams in warm climates (Dallas, Carolina, Miami, San Diego) wear white during home games during the day if the weather is hot. Northern teams rarely wear white at home.

Last edited:
Sean Pa Patriot said:
time to play better at home

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Please god make this thread go away.........

Cmon now, its just saying we have been playing better on the road than at home this yr, just a why not thought...

The thing about wearing white jerseys at home in other sports came as a result of laundry problems, because the home team could easily do laundry and the away team couldn't, so they'd wear darks. Whites supposedly create less of a cut-out, silhouetted figure and enhance the sensation of their wearer being bigger, aside from the obvious heat benefits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye