PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to switch off WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha most of the people here need to get a life. My problem is that I drive a lot and have to listen to those bozos.

One thing you will not hear on WEEI is their morning hosts camped out at the Patriots training camp doing non-stop Patriots. No they will be whining and complaining about some player-de-jour that they hate. Manny is gone so it is hard to predict who they will pick on. JD Drew? One of the catchers? Lackey? Dice-Cay? They will work on driving one of those poor slobs out of town...

The only time they will talk football is if something bad happens.

You're pretty ignorant. The reason you won't find the morning hosts at patriots training camp is that the 10-2 guys camp out there. Dale and Holley in past years have broadcast live from training camp, and during football season broadcast live from patriots place on Mondays. For spring training, the morning guys get to do the live broadcasts, and the mid-day guys are back at the station. Its pretty simple for most people to understand

It's also simple to realize why no one on either station is talking patriots. ITS OUT OF SEASON!!! How would you like it if EEI talked sox all January? Unless a trade or free agent signing is made, they pretty much steer clear of baseball and talk about current sports. Right now, baseball is starting, and hockey and basketball are in mid-season. Meanwhile, its 2 months until the football draft with absolutely 0 news happening. They aren't going to spend time talking about a subject that less than 1% of their audience has interest in today. They are trying to get people to tune in, and the vast majority want to hear how Adrian Gonzalez shoulder is doing, how Kaberle is going to improve the bruins powerplay, and if Shaq and Delonte are healthy enough to get back on the court. As someone mentioned, get Sirius and listen to their all football channel.

One thing some have mentioned is that 98.5 is on FM while WEEI is on AM. However, any chance of Entercom moving WEEI to FM anytime soon appears to be unlikely.

Twitter - Boston Radio Watch
93.7 and 107.3 are making a good case against moving 'EEI content from AM to FM. Both stations' numbers were up.

I for one did not realize this. Unlike the OP I think it's fine for beesball talk to run rampant @ spring training for those who eschew a competitive meritocracy and are instead mesmerized by an endeavor where corporations buy the best players so as to crush the less financially backed opponents the vast majority of the time.

Baseball has the most different champions over the last 10 years of any of the 4 major sports.

NBA = 5
NFL = 7
NHL = 8
MLB = 9

baseball is just a means to pass the time until training camp. haven't watched a full game since 04 when they bought there first series in 80-something years. :cool:

Only in Boston Metro is WEEI strictly AM. On the Cape WEEI is FM. Same goes in southeastern Mass and RI.

Also in Portland, Keene and Springfield.. In Southern RI, the coverage is wide ranging and extends well into Mass.

Only in Boston Metro is WEEI strictly AM. On the Cape WEEI is FM. Same goes in southeastern Mass and RI.

I never understood why EEI didn't move to FM in NH. One of the main reasons I switched early on to 98.5 is that I finally could listen to a decent sports station without static. I am right over the border in Nashua and EEI reception is static-y during the day, and unlistenable after 6:00 p.m., and not just because that dimwit Mikey is on (also never understood why the signal deteriorates at night).

There are lots of sports fans in NH and EEI has ignored them.

Baseball has the most different champions over the last 10 years of any of the 4 major sports.

NBA = 5
NFL = 7
NHL = 8
MLB = 9

Heh. Go back 15 years and either the Bankofamericasox or Fidelityinvestmentsyankees have won seven of 15. PLUS, the Fidelityinvestmentsyankees appeared in two more World Series during that span, making it seven championship series in 15 years. Parity? I think not. Zzzzzzzzzzz ...

Last edited:
I never understood why EEI didn't move to FM in NH. One of the main reasons I switched early on to 98.5 is that I finally could listen to a decent sports station without static. I am right over the border in Nashua and EEI reception is static-y during the day, and unlistenable after 6:00 p.m., and not just because that dimwit Mikey is on (also never understood why the signal deteriorates at night).

There are lots of sports fans in NH and EEI has ignored them.
They also have an FM station in Portland, I believe, but I'm guessing Nashua is too far away to get it.

Heh. Go back 15 years and either the Bankofamericasox or Fidelityinvestmentsyankees have won seven of 15. PLUS, the Fidelityinvestmentsyankees appeared in two more World Series during that span, making it seven championship series in 15 years. Parity? I think not. Zzzzzzzzzzz ...

221505516_57c3a1efb0.jpg

Just wondering your logic behind the Bankofamericasox line, you use?

Yes, if you ignore the reality of the numbers, you come up with your argument. Those of us who don't ignore the data are forced to accommodate it, however. If you extend out to 15 years, you STILL get 10 different winners in 15 years. That's the same number as in football. The NHL has 9 winners in that span, and the NBA has 6.

Yes, if you ignore the reality of the numbers, you come up with your argument. Those of us who don't ignore the data are forced to accommodate it, however. If you extend out to 15 years, you STILL get 10 different winners in 15 years. That's the same number as in football. The NHL has 9 winners in that span, and the NBA has 6.

As I noted, the proportionately limited field of playoff participants skews your argument. The bottom line is that no matter how you slice it, MLB comprises a couple haves and a lot of have-nots due to inequities in how it's administered financially. And the "haves" always will be closer to winning it all on a consistent basis because of $$$.

221505516_57c3a1efb0.jpg

Just wondering your logic behind the Bankofamericasox line, you use?

That's how they buy their championships (free agent $$$).

Last edited:
As I noted, the proportionately limited field of playoff participants skews your argument. The bottom line is that no matter how you slice it, MLB comprises a couple haves and a lot of have-nots due to inequities in how it's administered financially. And the "haves" always will be closer to winning it all on a consistent basis because of $$$.

That should lead to FEWER champions, since that eliminates opportunities for upsets. You're making poor arguments.

Last edited:
bring back pete!bring back pete!

Yup! I miss the big guy; he was one of us.

I was hoping that The Sports Hub would pick him up and stick it to WEEI. Maybe he returning to WEEI and will be in Dale Arnold's spot.

Speaking of which Dale was one of the last gentlemen on WEEI (along with Holley); shame to see him go. During football season Dale and Holley were pretty good. Almost makes up for D & C...

Last edited:
Another thing that ticks me off about WEEI is the number of commercials. It is not just the over-long commercial breaks but the verbal-small-print list of sponsors at the start of segments. And then guys like the Big O will intersperse their conversation will plugs for other sponsors like GBO or Grossmans. If that was not enough D & C (especially) will pepper their conversation with free plugs for other products like Miltons or Dunkin Donuts or the guys that brought the food. Enough already. It gets to the point where it seems like one big ad with occasional breaks for baseball minutiae (or complaints about Manny/DiceK/JD/BB/Moss). And then there is all the self promotion.

And it used to be much worse in the Wilderness Years between the demise of The Score in Providence and The Sports Hub. The amount of commercials was insufferable then; the only thing saving us from that is The Sports Hub.

Nowadays I listen to a tape/CD from the library in the morning and Howie Carr in the afternoon.

Another thing that ticks me off about WEEI is the number of commercials. It is not just the over-long commercial breaks but the verbal-small-print list of sponsors at the start of segments. And then guys like the Big O will intersperse their conversation will plugs for other sponsors like GBO or Grossmans. If that was not enough D & C (especially) will pepper their conversation with free plugs for other products like Miltons or Dunkin Donuts or the guys that brought the food. Enough already. It gets to the point where it seems like one big ad with occasional breaks for baseball minutiae (or complaints about Manny/DiceK/JD/BB/Moss). And then there is all the self promotion.

And it used to be much worse in the Wilderness Years between the demise of The Score in Providence and The Sports Hub. The amount of commercials was insufferable then; the only thing saving us from that is The Sports Hub.

Nowadays I listen to a tape/CD from the library in the morning and Howie Carr in the afternoon.

I listen to both stations, find both have a lot of commercials.. they pimp products in return for gaining favor with the company.. do you think that Meterperel really loves a Suzuki that much, or John Dennis pimps the international with no return.. they are so bad they even pimp coffee..

I listen to both stations, find both have a lot of commercials.. they pimp products in return for gaining favor with the company.. do you think that Meterperel really loves a Suzuki that much, or John Dennis pimps the international with no return.. they are so bad they even pimp coffee..

Ya it seems like it is so ingrained in the Morning Show that they cannot help themselves. It is Milton's this and Dunkin Donuts that. They must think that they are doing the station a great service giving away these free ads but how about the listener....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes