PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to put away the Pampers

Status
Not open for further replies.
do it do it

i saw the pats get crushed by the ravens live in 09..live..5th row behind pats bench. so depressing and we left in the 3rd...what a waste of $$ that was...Otherwise..i have been to all the winning playoff games...this one had better turn out different!

I was there myself right behind the Pats bench and the sideline and demeanor of the team from the outset was "dead". No one was screaming on the sidelines, just a bunch of guys hanging their heads feeling sorry for themselves. I still remember Brady just calmly taking off his helmet after the strip sack and quietly walking over to the bench to hang his head and I just kept thinking to myself, where's the fire??. Where's the frigin fire ?? Where's the guy I saw on NFL films slamming the gatorade cup into the snow screaming encouragement on the sidelines to his teammates. That guy wasn't there that day, nor were the rest of his teammates. I knew right then that this team had no fight and no will to win.

This football team in 2011 is not that team, this team won't quit and I really hope that BB breaks out that nightmare tape this week, sits everyone down and replays that whole nightmare in slow motion to not only show the lack of fire on the field, but the lack of fire on the sidelines.

Let's not let that nightmare happen again, the pain still lingers watching those arseholes laughing at us, of Ray Rice busting that TD run thru a hole so big you could have backed a front-end loader thru it untouched. I know how I felt after that horror show and it looked to me that day that I cared a whole lot more about that game than the players did.

Last edited:
I was there myself right behind the Pats bench and the sideline and demeanor of the team from the outset was "dead". No one was screaming on the sidelines, just a bunch of guys hanging their heads feeling sorry for themselves. I still remember Brady just calmly taking off his helmet after the strip sack and quietly walking over to the bench to hang his head and I just kept thinking to myself, where's the fire??. Where's the frigin fire ?? Where's the guy I saw on NFL films slamming the gatorade cup into the snow screaming encouragement on the sidelines to his teammates. That guy wasn't there that day, nor were the rest of his teammates. I knew right then that this team had no fight and no will to win.

This football team in 2011 is not that team, this team won't quit and I really hope that BB breaks out that tape this weeks, sits everyone down and replays that whole nightmare in slow motion to not only show the lack of fire on the field, but the lack of fire on the sidelines.

Let's not let that nightmare happen again, the pain still lingers watching those arseholes laughing at us, of Ray Rice busting that TD run thru a hole so big you could have backed a front-end loader thru it untouched. I know how I felt after that horror show and it looked to me that day that I cared a whole lot more about that game than the players did.

That first run...rice what..70 yard TD? It shocked the team. I saw the same as you. No yelling..all quite ect...much different team..but also a different ravens team that is still pretty good...going to be a tough one...i just hope we win....getting this far and losing is so dam rough..it takes me weeks to get back to normal..

Last year was the worst..but i think losing to the jets made it worse..if we lost to say houston or denver (without tebow) it wouldn't have been as bad

This team doesn't need to be told about that loss...well a lot of players here now never went though that (gronk, hernandez ect)...but brady is very familiar with that loss..and is still pissed..he is going ape **** again this week..a lot of fire in him this year compared to that 08-09 year.

Last edited:
I just kept thinking to myself, where's the fire??

NFL Network keeps showing the clip from Saturday's game where Brady and Welker are sitting on the bench yelling at each other excitedly as Hernandez looks on laughing. They are so pumped up... I hope it continues through the next two games. If they get behind, they won't be yelling excitedly, but they ought to be yelling... getting fired up to go out and take the game back (that's why I was glad they had a couple of come-from-behind games at the end of the season - experience digging out of those holes and the confidence to do it)

Epic thread... this has me really fired up!!!!!!! Is it Sunday yet?

My mom doesnt let me go to bed without pampers.

NFL Network keeps showing the clip from Saturday's game where Brady and Welker are sitting on the bench yelling at each other excitedly as Hernandez looks on laughing. They are so pumped up... I hope it continues through the next two games. If they get behind, they won't be yelling excitedly, but they ought to be yelling... getting fired up to go out and take the game back (that's why I was glad they had a couple of come-from-behind games at the end of the season - experience digging out of those holes and the confidence to do it)

Any idea if this clip is on NFL.com anywhere? Would love to see it.

Dear Lord, I don't think 1/4 of the posters in this thread are old enough to shave.

Sadly, Muffy informed me that the family's Trust Fund's 2011 return has been sub par so we won't be able to take the limo to our red seats. We sold them on E Bay to those nasty Baltimore people for a fine profit. I do hope that sipping fine wine and caviar at home in Magnolia Farms by the television will be a comparable experience to our Fidelity clubhouse seats.
Beluga caviar by any chance?

Any idea if this clip is on NFL.com anywhere? Would love to see it.

NFL Videos: GameDay: Broncos vs. Patriots highlights

look @ 4:33, right after Branch's 64 TD.

Also, @ 2:35, it looks like Hernandez took "blowing a dude up" lessons from Kyle Love... after Brady's interception Hernandez ends the INT-return by taking out Carter very much like Love's block on Lilja during the KC game. I wish I could see it in slow motion or from a better angle.

Bumping this.

Too much fear here on Patsfans.com.

Screw that!

Let's go!!!!!!!

Bumping this.

Too much fear here on Patsfans.com.

Screw that!

Let's go!!!!!!!

Yeah! Post #1 by the OP is fun to re-read. Funny stuff.
Ian, I want to be able to give it another Like, please.

So you want me to start using cloth diapers? I don't think my wife, who does enough laundry as it is, would be on board with that.

Last edited:
Might be the best post I have ever read on here. Outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes