PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to move on to the Colts.. These are not your daddy's Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the San Diego game was great, but it wont mean squat if we dont come to play next week.. These Colts are a little different.. Manning is struggling, yet the defense is stepping up big time. When Peyton struggles, they usually lose, not anymore.. I still like our chances, but something tells me the planets are lining up for the Colts to win this time,because they so under the radar.. But guess what no fly's under the radar better than our New England Patriots...

Expect another slugfest, the crowd will be even louder inside the Dome. I don't think it will be a track meat, Indy is finally playing playoff football. This should be a classic. A real test for BB will be to have the players re-focus, a lot of emotional energy was spent defeating the Chargers.

No offense to the NFC, but this is the Super Bowl. The two best teams, the two best QB's, the team everyone hates (the Pats), the team every one (except us Pats fans)wants to see in (and win) the SB (The Colts). Let's face it, CBS & ESPN, the NFL, and all Pats haters want the Colts to win this game. It's us against the world. Only a miracle of the Pats/Rams or Jets/Cols proportion can save the Bears or Saints in the SB.

Of course Indy's offense scares me, we've given up 68 points to them the last two games, and we need our best defensive show of the year just to contain them, I can't see us shutting them down. But what really scares me is their defense. I love Dillon/Maroney/Faulk, but they aren't Larry Johnson or Jamal Lewis, and the Colts D shut them down. Of course, we have 2 things the Chiefs and Ravens don't have, Belichick & Brady.

What scares me more the Colts is the refs that will call the game.
There is a sense that the NFL wants the Colts in the Superbowl.
I just hope calls on PATs are fair. If I see Hobbs or Smuel getting called for
PI when it was doubtful at best then I'll know ...not only will PATs have to
beat the Colts ... they'll have to beat the refs also. That's a tall task.

Yeah, and don't forget about the best holding (and not being called) line in football. I can see Addai gaining 100 while the Colts hold Seymour & Warren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back