PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to move on - Fins game is huge!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I'm not sure why anyone WOULDN'T think this game is huge, given what's on the line. Also, as someone else mentioned, it will be important to see how this team responds after being blown out the way they did this past Monday. Come out flat, and that's a very bad sign. Come out on fire (like they did against the Jets) and it's obviously a very good sign.

Oh I think their will be fire......a ton of fire coming from Brady....hell, i think their will be blood....fish guts to be exact....then we will go fishing with the recently made chum....

Why is this game huge? Let's see. We are 7-4. Lose this one and we are 7-5 and it's a division game. And the Fins are 6-6 and right on our tails.

The first step to winning a championship is is winning the division. I classify that as huge.

All this blah blah blah about beating a good team on the road and proving that you can do it during the regular season is semi-media wanna be talk. When the playoffs come everyone starts off 0-0. Making the playoffs is the first big step. That's when you start proving things.

They've forgotten all that. It's now prove to me in advance you can beat the other predicted contenders and are a virtual lock to win the SB or forgetaboutit...

This is as big as the Jets game was. Big division game coming on the heals of a tough loss. This one will be tougher since its not at home and they have 1 less day to prepare. At least they're not facing Brees again. I don't have a great feeling about this game whereas I did about the Jets game.

I'm very curious to see whether Vollmer starts and if so, in whose place. Same with the defensive backfield. Will we see more Sanders at safety and Springs or Butler at CB? Maybe even a little Junior in the middle?

I think he was referring to the teams mentality, not the game planning they're going to have to employ.
You're right!

Where are you going with this Hark?

PJ is trying to say that this game will say a ton about the willingness of the team to rebound, focus, and show guts.

I don't believe he's talking anything at all about the wildcat.;)

It's about the grit and guts that it'll take to play 2 back to back road games in a hostile enviornment after their tough loss, etc.

Edit: while typing, another poster already commented

So are you!

To those that question what this win would mean because of Miami's "unorthodox" (reformed?) style: How much wildcat is Miami even playing these days now that their RB RB is out? In my mind, Miami plays good, smash mouth football. They're not lining up 5 wide and throwing flea flickers or running the statue of liberty play or fake punting. They line up and try to run it down your throat all game long. BFD is they snap it directly to Ricky a few times a game. Pats run alot of half back draws and shotgun formations. Does that mean a win against them doesn't mean much? And Miami's D gets after the QB every chance they get. I have alot of respect for Miami, and I think BB and Brady do too. Make no mistake, winning down their takes heart and a good, physical game plan, and it says ALOT. ESPECIALLY after a crappy short week like this one.

All this blah blah blah about beating a good team on the road and proving that you can do it during the regular season is semi-media wanna be talk. When the playoffs come everyone starts off 0-0. Making the playoffs is the first big step. That's when you start proving things.

That's true, but it's also true that confidence helps a team in the playofds and winning a tough, division game on the road helps to build confidence.

we havent won the division yet and our record in miami even the SB winning teams was abysmal. i remember losing to the 2-14 fin team down there. Lets how they pull out a win somehow. This game will be different the NO game but as hard .

We are winning this, we have to.:)

I want to see four quarters of consistent football, better red zone offense and defense, and a win -- even if it's close. Is that too much to ask?

Bruschi said it. The Pats players and coaches need to play well and work diligently on improving their game each week. Win the AFCE, let the 2 seed chips fall where they may, and once in the playoffs, it's anybody's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back