PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to jump on board the 49er victory train

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Tomorrow night I'll be cheering for this abysmal, inept 49er squad to bumble it's way to victory. It's come to that. The pick is sitting at #5 and there's no sign of a 49er victory in sight. It's like standing in a football desert and squinting at withered field turf as far as the eye can see. Even St Louis and the Jets figure to pick up a couple of wins down the stretch. The Raiders might even squeak one out. But the 49ers? It looks damned bleak. IMO it's not in the Pats' best interest to have the #2 pick. It's almost untradeable and eats up too much of the cap. So it's time for Pats' fans to jump on board the 49er victory train. The seats are cheap and there's plenty of leg room.

Last edited:
Calvin Johnson...... I'll take the #2

ha, wont be untradable when u have BB orchastrating...

but i had rather we get number 1....a lot more time to make deals

Tomorrow night I'll be cheering for this abysmal, inept 49er squad team to bumble it's way to victory. It's come to that. The pick is sitting at #5 and there's no sign of a 49er victory in sight. It's like standing in a football desert and squinting at withered field turf as far as the eye can see. Even St Louis and the Jets figure to pick up a couple of wins down the stretch. The Raiders might even squeak one out. But the 49ers? It looks damned bleak. IMO it's not in the Pats' best interest to have the #2 pick. It's almost untradeable and eats up too much of the cap. So it's time for Pats' fans to jump on board the 49er victory train. I hear the seats are cheap and there's plenty of room.

#2 pick would be untradeable ? are you insane ? If Pats wind up with #2 and if there is a franchise type player, you take him.

Yeah, teams are dying not to have a top 2 pick. :rolleyes:

well you cant jump on the Colts victory train since they are on a two game slide.

If you don't want to pay for #2 overall and can't trade the pick you could just wait to pick. You don't have to pick during your turn and can delay indefinitely.

It will never happen, but the option is there.

There's never a situation in which you couldn't trade down a #2 pick. People might not be as willing to pull off those Michael Vick/Eli Manning type deals, but there will be absolutely no trouble convincing a team to move up.

With all due respect, Pony, you are nuts. Absolute worst case you can trade #2 or #3 straight up for #10. But you'd get something too; for sure. I guarantee you Belichick wants SF to lose.

With all due respect, Pony, you are nuts. Absolute worst case you can trade #2 or #3 straight up for #10. But you'd get something too; for sure. I guarantee you Belichick wants SF to lose.

BB created this Frankenstein monster, but I don't think he ever expected things to get so out of control. He probably had SF pegged for the #8-#15 range. Instead he has a rampaging draft monster on the loose, with it's sights set on #1 overall and only Cleo Lemon standing in its way. How far will it go? BB doesn't know the power of his own genius!;)

Last edited:
No way as much as I'm sorry about Mike's dad I want the Niners to lose every game by less than 3 points each time.
I still like coach Nolan.

BB created this Frankenstein monster, but I don't think he ever expected things to get this out of control. He probably had SF pegged for the #8-#15 range. Instead he has a rampaging draft monster on the loose, with it's sights set on #1 overall and only Cleo Lemon in its way. How far will it go? BB doesn't know the power of his own genius!;)

Miami is not the only crap team, St. Louis still sucks,The Jets are right up there and Atlanta is knocking on the door too,Before you single out Miami as the only team to knock us from the top pick you better do more reserch and realize there are LOTS of teams that can be worse than SF when all is said and done.

That being said,I say about #6 to #8 pick for the SF trade - NOT #2 right now at least.

If you don't want to pay for #2 overall and can't trade the pick you could just wait to pick. You don't have to pick during your turn and can delay indefinitely.

It will never happen, but the option is there.

Unless you're the Vikings:D

BelichickFan was spot on about the 49er's being overrated.

I am humbled

The OP, as has been pointed out, is nuts. The realistic worst case is that you trade down and get less for the trade than you might have hoped. Having higher picks going into the draft is always better than having lower ones.

As for how high it will be -- don't rule the Vikings out as contenders, especially pending Adrian Peterson's MRI.

Vikes with Peterson, a franchise QB, and a new coach might actually amount to something ...

I certainly hope you are being sarcastic, for if you aren't you are simply put, a moron.

To put it simply, higher pick = better.
Who cares if you can really rip off another team, trading down is possible whenever you have premium players at the top of the draft that other teams covet.

The 49ers could end up anywhere between 2-14 and 4-12. That means a pick between #2 and #6 imo. That is very good territory to pick up an elite player for the next 10 years.

Last edited:
This is the dumbest thing ever...
How's this for a trade:
Trade the #2 for the #6 plus a bag of chips. Then trade the #6 for whatever

Any team holding the #6 pick would make that deal. Therefore, the #2 pick is indeed more valuable than the #6 pick.

The #2 pick is only untradeable if you're demanding unresonably high returns for it. But, then the team holding #6 could also put themselves in the same position.

Everything in this world is tradeable. Everything has a value.

This is the dumbest thing ever...
How's this for a trade:
Trade the #2 for the #6 plus a bag of chips. Then trade the #6 for whatever

Any team holding the #6 pick would make that deal. Therefore, the #2 pick is indeed more valuable than the #6 pick.

The #2 pick is only untradeable if you're demanding unresonably high returns for it. But, then the team holding #6 could also put themselves in the same position.

Everything in this world is tradeable. Everything has a value.

Agree. Kind of wish we had 15 minutes between picks this year. If we pick 2nd. Jake Long - LT Michigan for the next 10-12 years will be good value. He's a top of the draft talent like; Boselli,J.Thomas and will beat on D.Freeney when we play the Colts. Long is tenacious as a run blocker. Will probably need some help at first in protection. No more or less than Light though. Who can move to RT.

With the rules of today's football. Our pick might not be a which player is better than the other. But, a philosophical decision. With Tom Brady as our qb for the next 6-7 years. Do we protect him better or get more weapons for him. Or, do we try to build a defense like we had in 03 and 04? Even with some def. players, it's damn near impossible to stop a high-flying offense given the restrictions you play under. Hard to pass up a cornerstone offensive player.

Tomorrow night I'll be cheering for this abysmal, inept 49er squad to bumble it's way to victory. It's come to that. The pick is sitting at #5 and there's no sign of a 49er victory in sight. It's like standing in a football desert and squinting at withered field turf as far as the eye can see. Even St Louis and the Jets figure to pick up a couple of wins down the stretch. The Raiders might even squeak one out. But the 49ers? It looks damned bleak. IMO it's not in the Pats' best interest to have the #2 pick. It's almost untradeable and eats up too much of the cap. So it's time for Pats' fans to jump on board the 49er victory train. The seats are cheap and there's plenty of leg room.

You're nuts. Higher is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey