PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to groom a QB for future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely. Guess what? The Pats will pick another diamond in the rough developmental QB to succeed him. What they clearly will not do is use a high draft pick, anything like the examples cited previously for a QB this April.

Yum, Yum , Crow sandwich.

Yum, Yum , Crow sandwich.

Idiot

I called you on moving the goalposts earlier

You start out talking about a HIGH pick on a QB

Then when challenged, in post 6 you refer to 1st round and 2nd round picks to prove your point

I pointed out that BB has only used 3rd round (Kevin O'C) for a QB

Then you move the posta again saying well THIS pick will be sooner in the round

FAIL

Last edited:
Idiot

I called you on moving the goalposts earlier

You start out talking about a HIGH pick on a QB

Then when challenged, in post 6 you refer to 1st round and 2nd round picks to prove your point

I pointed out that BB has only used 3rd round (Kevin O'C) for a QB

Then you move the posta again saying well THIS pick will be sooner in the round

FAIL

I waited and waited for you to bump this thread as you had promised in a previous post but when you didn't I couldn't resist. You have nothing to be ashamed of, don't take it so hard, we're all wrong from time to time. Here is a link to cheer you up:

Mallett plunges to the Pats in round three | ProFootballTalk

We didn't improve the O Line at all so there's a good chance we drafted a QB for the present.

We didn't improve the O Line at all so there's a good chance we drafted a QB for the present.

What a crazy statement. Our first pick was the most talented lineman in the entire draft.

If the Pats could trade for say Matt Ryan and let him sit on the bench for three to four years and not totally screw up the salary cap, I say go for it. Otherwise, the Young reference is useless since it was before free agency and the cap and the 49ers could have the luxury of having two starting QBs on the roster. Could never happen today.

The Packers' situation was different too in that Favre wasn't coming of an unanimous MVP season. The Packers were declining (they went 4-12 in 2005 which was the year Rodgers was drafted and 8-8 in 2006) and the Packers were looking towards the future without Favre because they were in rebuild mode anyway. If they were coming off a 14-2 season with a lot of young players infused already like the Pats were, the Packers may not have drafted Rodgers. But they figured they might have to replace Favre by the time they are good again and took the risk.

Except Bill Belichick found a way to get the most talented QB in the 2011 draft to play for a third rounder's salary for four years...:eek::D

Except Bill Belichick found a way to get the most talented QB in the 2011 draft to play for a third rounder's salary for four years...:eek::D

I know right? Looks at that we just outdone the greenbay packers, you think you got a good deal by selecting a good QB late in the first round? How about we will get that guy in the 3rd round haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back