PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to finish the fabulous year, Asante!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblesz

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Asante Samuel has had a fine year at cornerback. He played a great game at San Diego. He believes he is a shutdown corner and should be paid that way. Here is his final exam.

I am sure he will be put on Marvin Harrison for this game, arguably the best receiver in the game. Time to show the organization and the world that you should get the payday. Shut him down so they can give Hobbs help on Wayne.

I want the team to resign Asante. he has shown this year he has grown into a number one corner. I hope to God he doesn't fold in this game and Harrison makes him look foolish. If I remember correctly, Marvin had a big game against us earlier this year...

I am sure he will be put on Marvin Harrison for this game, arguably the best receiver in the game.
FWIW, Samuel had Wayne in Week 9 and Hobbs had Harrison. Personally I would but Samuel on Harrison (the lesser of the two now) and Hobbs with help on Wayne. But I'm no Dean Pees ;)

FWIW, Samuel had Wayne in Week 9 and Hobbs had Harrison. Personally I would but Samuel on Harrison (the lesser of the two now) and Hobbs with help on Wayne. But I'm no Dean Pees ;)

I agree...but that is why we are here typing and Pees is figuring it out...:rocker:

It's a 'pick your poison' kind of game. Both our CBs will need to have a great game, as will the Safeties.

Ellis had a really good game against San Diego, hopefully he carries that over into the Colts game, as he'll probably get alot of passes in his direction again, with most teams throwing away from Asante.

Asante Samuel has had a fine year at cornerback. He played a great game at San Diego. He believes he is a shutdown corner and should be paid that way. Here is his final exam.

I am sure he will be put on Marvin Harrison for this game, arguably the best receiver in the game. Time to show the organization and the world that you should get the payday. Shut him down so they can give Hobbs help on Wayne.

I want the team to resign Asante. he has shown this year he has grown into a number one corner. I hope to God he doesn't fold in this game and Harrison makes him look foolish. If I remember correctly, Marvin had a big game against us earlier this year...

I think both CBs will get Safety help almost all game so it doesn't matter as much who covers who. The WRs will get their yards, the goal is to keep the plays in front of them and come up big on 3rd downs.

My bigger concern is the underneath stuff to Clark or Addai (who I like a lot, remonds me of a faster and smaller Curtis Martin). Something else I was wondering about, kind of related, Do they Patriots mix Alexander in as a MLB in passing downs and push Vrabel to the edge? Alexander played a lot in the Tennessee game and may be better able to contain Clark... just curious, may not make any sense.

My bigger concern is the underneath stuff to Clark or Addai

That is true. Every time I watched Peyton get into trouble he would check down and dump it to Addai for a 10 yard gaim over the middle. We certainly need to stop that.

That is true. Every time I watched Peyton get into trouble he would check down and dump it to Addai for a 10 yard gaim over the middle. We certainly need to stop that.

He's been doing ALOT of that since teams started shifting coverages to take away the over the top stuff to the WRs. Addai, to his credit, has done a great job getting through traffic and finding holes in the middle of the field for Peyton to dump off to.

It'll be a challenge to our defense to find ways to stop all of the different things that the Colts do so well.

Hopefully this game isn't the finish of his year.

Hopefully this game isn't the finish of his year.

Hope not. I meant a huge game this weekend would be big as I believe Harrison and Wayne are the best tandem of receivers left.

I hope Samuel shows that he is indeed a shut-down corner like Champ. Go Pats:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes