PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to Drug Test Florio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I unfollowed him/ProFootballTalk on twitter a bit after the draft.

He was posting an increasing amount of dumb and annoying things. Whether it be quick opinionated tweets, full articles, pushing an agenda for something, or what I can't stand the most: "x team signs 1st round draft pick" or "Bucs and Jags sign 7th round draft picks".

Last edited:
Florio is a useful idiot, go there to find out what in going on in the NFL.. but seldom pay attention to the actual stories.. I think he has a raging case of Schizophrenia as one day he will support our POV, while the next day he does the opposite.

He is like any blogger who makes money off of the internet, he has to appeal to the masses with the lowest common denominator..

Pop does it on a lighter note though. I think BB is low-key funnier though (unintentionally mostly).
I agree. Pop is less serious than BB

So, according to Florio, Belichick is one of the best head coaches in NFL history, yet at the same time, does not have the temperament to be a head coach (seemingly because he does not play nice and bow down to the whims and fancy of the almighty media... to which Florio belongs). And the only reason he is still a head coach is because of the four championship rings he has won with the Patriots.

I mean, a thousand monkeys at a thousand computers could write for a thousand years and still not come anywhere close to scripting such an illogically-reasoned argument.
Wait. Are the monkeys at PC's or Mac's? Maybe it's ten thousand monkeys, keyboards and years. I'm not a math whiz.

Wait. Are the monkeys at PC's or Mac's? Maybe it's ten thousand monkeys, keyboards and years. I'm not a math whiz.
All right, look. We could substitute chimpanzees for the monkeys, but each would need a larger desk and more food. If we stick with the monkeys, logically, each could type on two separate keyboards as their legs have hands. Right?

You have to go very far down the list of job requirements for an NFL Head Coach to find "respond politely to media questions. Very far. Except if that list is defined by the media, in which case it is in the top twenty.

You have to go very far down the list of job requirements for an NFL Head Coach to find "respond politely to media questions. Very far. Except if that list is defined by the media, in which case it is in the top twenty.
I think all the head coaches have been impolite at press conferences at one time or another.

All right, look. We could substitute chimpanzees for the monkeys, but each would need a larger desk and more food. If we stick with the monkeys, logically, each could type on two separate keyboards as their legs have hands. Right?
Whether or not the data is entered by a primate, it is under our hypothesis, by definition random. You must reference the Ideal Chimp Law, as cited within the Ape Report Context, found in the Lancelot link.

At the risk of being targeted by the ASPCA, how many barrels would I need to fit all ten thousand monkeys into?

Bill Belichick nearly coached Matt Cassel into the playoffs Florio.

ask any NFL owner if they would like a HC who in his 16 years with the team has won four Super Bowls, lost 2 others on last second miracle catches, and is currently on a streak of six staright AFC Championship games?

Pleeeese Florio, if Kraft was dumb enough to let BB go, 31 other teams would be lined up to get him. Could you imagine how much Jerrah would pony up for BB?

If your dumb enough to ask a HC if he plans on starting his HOF QB once he is eligible again, then your lucky you only got a ************!
Especially when you ask it 4 times. .... But he weeely did hurt the reporters little feelings :rolleyes:

So to summarize Florio's comments, "Waaah! Bill Belichick was mean to one of my fellow media members! Waaaah!"

Last edited:
Instead, plenty of 20+ hour days of hard work on his own along with surrounding himself with the right people have made him who he is and he's earned the right to act this way. He wasn't born into it, he worked his way from nothing to get to where he is and deserves every ounce of respect he should be given.

I wouldn't go that far. He was helped by nepotism. I mean, he dad as a freaking library named after him in Annapolis because he ran the Navy's football program for so long. He wasn't some guy from a family with no ties to football and worked super hard to become one of the best coaches in history. He was bred and raised to be what he is today.

I wouldn't go that far. He was helped by nepotism. I mean, he dad as a freaking library named after him in Annapolis because he ran the Navy's football program for so long. He wasn't some guy from a family with no ties to football and worked super hard to become one of the best coaches in history. He was bred and raised to be what he is today.

His Dad got him in the door as an intern with the Colts, BB did the rest from there.

It's not like he was Kyle shannahan or even one if his kids working on his Dad's staff.

His Dad got him in the door as an intern with the Colts, BB did the rest from there.

It's not like he was Kyle shannahan or even one if his kids working on his Dad's staff.
and he was breaking down film at his Dad's knee while he was in elementary school. Heck his Dad wrote the book on scouting, probably read him the early drafts of the manuscript along with playbooks as bedtime stories.

He was steeped in football knowledge from childhood. No wonder he is a student of the game with an appreciation for the history.

I think Florio needs to reconsider what it takes to be a great head coach. Because a serene temperament is not on the list.

I suppose Florio probably takes Rex Ryan as his model for the ideal head coach, who feeds the media as much crap as they're fishing for... and is mysteriously still employed despite submarining multiple franchises that should have performed better under his reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back