PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to bring in KOC for a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me KOC represents the worst draft pick by the Pats during the Belichick era. I know other people will point out other players, but I will never understand the reasoning for selecting him, or any QB with a third round pick at that point in time. There may be other players such as Shawn Crable that didn't work out, but at least his selection made a lot of sense based on what was known about him and the team needs at the time. The KOC draft pick made no sense then and obviously none now.

Contrary to what was opined at the time, I though the pick was simply indicative of how little they though of the depth in that 2008 draft. He was the equivalent of flipping that late 3rd for a shot at a second or more in a year or two or the equivalent of a trade back. Not a fit for this offense but a potential fit for some of the offenses lacking anything better...with little looming on the horizen. Didn't work out because he wasn't coachable. That happens more often than not. What's actually transpired here at the position would lead you to believe that if we draft talent the skies the limit. I think they felt he was more talented than some of their other picks. Sadly what often comes with that level of talent is a lack of genuine humility driven work ethic. Becoming the #2 here as a rookie albeit by default (not to mention his press and fan support) probably exacerbated that. Being named a captain on the JETS given their palpable distaste for the incumbant backups on that roster probably further exacerbated that.

Comments like this, make us Pat's fans look like idiots. Look, I hate the Jets also, but let's not be stupid here, they were 30 minutes away from going to the Super Bowl. AND, they've improved themselves in the offseason. It's like any fan that chants "Saints Suck", umm, come on, they won the SB. I've seen fans chant that when their team is playing the champions, and imo, it's so dumb.

Well someone is in a pi**y mood! And clearly cannot see sarcasm, I suppose it did forget to put </sarcasm> ;)

A) True, but look what they did with that gift, they had the lead in the AFC Championship game at halftime.

B) On paper, losing Thomas Jones for Ladanian Tomlinson looks like a step back, but LT has had unfortunately really good in camp/preseason games, and is a perfect mentor for Shonn Greene. I think Revis signs before game 1, but the loss of Pace will hurt their D, which is good for us. Hopefully Revis signs before game 3 instead, lol.

They have no depth at RB - so if Greene goes down, LT will have to carry the load. He may show a lot in pre-season, but that body can't carry THE load. McKnight sucks - or so they say.

Sanchez does not look good.

The Jets defense will be fine, with, or without, Pace/Revis. The only thing that could really hurt is an injury to Jenkins because the back-up is out for the year.

They have no depth at RB - so if Greene goes down, LT will have to carry the load. He may show a lot in pre-season, but that body can't carry THE load. McKnight sucks - or so they say.

Sanchez does not look good.

The Jets defense will be fine, with, or without, Pace/Revis. The only thing that could really hurt is an injury to Jenkins because the back-up is out for the year.

Can't say that, that is what makes us look like idiots ;)

My only suggestion: move from NY because you have obviously been brainwashed by the propaganda and the Jest fanbase screaming from their rooftops (ny version of social media).

I would love to move to Boston, need to get a transfer, lol. My company's main office is in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots