Welcome to PatsFans.com

Time rejected Rove

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Nov 21, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Time rejected Rove as a columnist.

[​IMG]

Radar reports that, prior to securing a spot as a Newsweek columnist, Karl Rove approached Time magazine for a job. Time, however, rejected Rove as “essentially like an unindicted coconspirator in a whole host of felonies”:

For its part, Time magazine said nothing publicly about Rove's arrival at Newsweek, but a well-placed source told me that Bob Barnett (every Washington literati's favorite lawyer, including Bill Clinton) had traveled to the Time-Life building on Sixth Avenue to offer Rove's services before Newsweek snared them. Time’s editors apparently felt the cost/benefit analysis wouldn’t be in their favor if they embraced the man who has done more than anyone to keep the spirit of Joe McCarthy alive and well in American politics. … “They think Karl is essentially like an unindicted coconspirator in a whole string of felonies.”​

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 20 / -30

It is all about the money, do not worry Karl will make some cash working for Newsweek...

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i just think Karl looks exactly like Slimer from the Ghostbusters movies... he needs the green skin...

4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, Time magazine.

Maybe Rove will get to be Time's "Man of the Year", like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Castro were, just because he is such "an unindicted co-conspirator".

Right, Time magazine. LOL. Corporate media at its worst. Sold out, prissy, hypocrite scribes who would *die* to ever grow a pair.

//

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

interesting post...

but let me get you on a precise point, if i take away anything from it... big Karl Rove supperter, are ya?

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 20 / -30

Do not understand the context of "grow a pair", if it supported all the lies and corruption of this administration would a pair automatically appear??.. guess the world works differently for different people.. in your view Time mag had no choice as to who they wanted to work for them.. pure family love rules..

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not necessarily. He's a propaganda minister, like Carville and his wife, Mary Matalin. Propaganda is neither good nor evil; it is merely the means to influence people to see from a certain perspective. Everybody uses propaganda, to varying degrees of course, but it is inescapable in life.

Since I feel that Bush has been doing the best he could under extremely difficult circumstances, Rove was simply a means to fulfill that.

Of course, we've already been through our various views on Bush's decision to regime change Iraq, so no need to rehash that now.

Is there?

//

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, i mean, yeah... kinda... don't you agree?

propaganda is dishonesty... at its core, it's lying... as a man of self-professed religious conviction and 'right vs. wrong' platform, isn't bearing false witness precisely a sin? are sins not evil?

i guess what i'm asking is: are certain sins negotiable? especially as a leader of nations? of democratic nations?

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Unless the aim is to influence people to kill each other...that's "EVIL". There are plenty of cases where propaganda has been used to commit heinous acts.

I liked that line "...Bush has been doing the best he could under extremely difficult circumstances"...
    As if he could do more than he was capable of, which isn't a lot.

Bush's decision to start Iraq is and will be the crux of his presidency as well as the lame response by the Congress over the last 8 years.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

If Rove were a democrat the left wing would be elivating him to sainthood, he would be right up there with Billy Blue Dress.
    :bricks:

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The elitist corporate media essentially have no balls when it comes to honoring the fundamental tenets that even gives them the free speech they so cavalierly flaunt.

The First Amendment was bought with a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, and for Time or any other of the modern scribes to honor the likes of a Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc., by making them "Man of the Year" spits on those who shed that blood, sweat, and tears. I don't buy the "for good or ill, the most 'prominent' man of the year" routine. The Devil's henchmen deserve no accolades or further press honors.

//

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Propaganda is not necessarily evil. Propaganda happens all the time in your and everybody's daily life, in America and elsewhere. Sales pitches for consumer products are loaded with propaganda, from the stacked deck of statistics cited, to the frilly skirts and buxom bosoms that woo from afar. News outlets will adopt a certain party line and keep it, through thick and thin. Walter Duranty of the New York Times carried so much water for Stalin, he got a lake named after him; once the anti-Vietnam War movement gained traction anybody who even criticized Ho Chi Minh was automatically labeled a "right-wing fascist", etc., etc. So the media does its share of propagandizing, too. Propaganda is everywhere.

Propaganda is not necessarily always bearing false witness; often it is simply another term for "promotion": you want to show your favorite whatever in the most positive light, so you turn up the lights and do a song and dance. People enjoy it, then buy your product. Not false witness, just salesmanship.

If you want to slam propaganda by Rove, you have to do the same for all the candidates and elected/government officials. Then *both* Carville and his wife, Mary Matalin would be out of work.

Propaganda is tricky business, but it's part of life. It is neutral, neither good nor bad; that is determined by the purpose and motivation for using propaganda.

//

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

- Fogbuster....

i'm thinking strongly about making this my signature quote.... :cool:

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

When a Black Cat crosses your path that signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
    :bricks: