PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time Out !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...The choice to have to defend the slant or the fade really didn't matter as the were gonna score either way. Hobbs got hung out to dry and the coaches shouldve known better.

You're ignoring the forest for this one tree. There's mismatches on nearly every play run in the NFL. Its silly to say that a simple height mismatch guarantees a touchdown. If the blitz works who's going to react to an errant pass faster, the big, strong Receiver or the small, fast DB? Besides the defense had to be ready for any short yardage play the Giants might call. Suppose Sanders was blitzing right through the gap the RB planned to run through?

As I posted in numerous threads, would it have been too much to ask of stubborn BB to bite the bullet on his CB rule and simply put Asante over on Plax down inside the redzone ? That should have been done ASAP. Never mind single coverage on the one of the best redzone options in football. The coaches and their decisions did us in all game.

I think for a genius defensive mind to allow the kind of mismatch that occurred at the end of that game.....this has got to be gnawing at him like a rat on cheese......To bring the house on that play and leave only Ellis on the only real threat to score at that point in the game was ATROCIOUS and again, surely to keep BB and Pees up at night sleepless......I could see bringing some pressure but the main objective is to KEEP COVERAGE on Plaxico there...........unreal....still giving me nightmares......

You're ignoring the forest for this one tree. There's mismatches on nearly every play run in the NFL. Its silly to say that a simple height mismatch guarantees a touchdown. If the blitz works who's going to react to an errant pass faster, the big, strong Receiver or the small, fast DB? Besides the defense had to be ready for any short yardage play the Giants might call. Suppose Sanders was blitzing right through the gap the RB planned to run through?

they weren't running there man with 35 seconds left....and what 1 timeout.....Pass was the only answer.....and their primary focus should have been on Plastico......Just as all year....everyone keying on Moss.......You have to control/contain the primary threat.........

Hobbs has been left one-on-one against plenty of good receivers in plenty of big spots, and held his own. I wish some posters would actually think before they type, it might prove useful...:rolleyes:

Now, you probably shouldn't leave the 5'9" Ellis Hobbs one-on-one down by or in the endzone against the 6'5" Plaxico Burress, who's good at taking the ball out of the air, especially if you've got the blitz on. Oh, and even Plaxico was shutdown for most of that game (2 catches for 27 yards and a TD).

Well that is obvious...I am not saying that Hobbs hasn't made some great plays for us.....But if you are going to leave him one on one in coverage,..as you say, do it around the giants OWN 20 yard line......NOT EVER AGAIN in RED ZONE..........Like everyone is saying....this was really not Hobbs fault and he should never have been put in that situation.....Have to blame Pees and BB here to leave the kid on an island against probably the only guy who could score for them there....WITH NO help.......BB brainfart.......

Where were you sitting....I was in 118....I was the one screaming all game surounded by corporate giants fans that just wanted me to shut up. One of them even said to the other you think he will shut up if I give him a grand. (he wasn't really offering and if he was I would have shut up moved to seats over and had my bro start screaming in his ear.)

and the play was right infront of me and Plaxico was where I was looking as I knew we had a mismatch their before the snap.

In hindsight I wish a took off down the section and jumped on the field to make the play.....I feel like everyone in the whole stadium new the play was going to Burress.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!
You must have been near me. I was supposed to be sitting in 114 as a single but I switched saturday to 118 to sit next to my brother. I know what you mean . The corporates in that section SUCKED !!!!. The guy next to me was wearing no Patriots gear but was cheering for the Patriots until they lost and then he cheered for the Giants. I really felt like knocking him out. It was that bad. I know what you mean about the Plaxico touchdown. I was in row 10 and have been telling people all week that it was like it was in slow motion and I felt like I could have dove on the field to knock it down. Bad omen on saturday night. I ran into Garo Yapremian in the lobby of a restaraunt. Very nice guy. I was touching his super ring and I asked him which one it was . He said the 72 one and I quickly pulled my hand back. The pain of hearing the Giants fans chanting 18 and 1 is still ringing in my ears. Please somebody make the pain go away.

I wish you had ran on the field!!!!! Man this is hard to get over !!!...also knowing that Burress was shut down with only 1 catch up to that point..... also hurt hearing Joe Theisman on a national radio show the other day saying how the pass to Tyree was one of the worst decisions Eli made up until he came down with it....just throwing it up for grabs on a 3rd down play....instead of a int....a great catch and MVP...man the football gods were with him....i can't take it.

For the last 7 years, Belichick has ALWAYS thrown an all out blitz in that exact same situation. He's done it to Peyton Manning, he's done it to Delhomme. He ALWAYS does it.

Maybe the Giants knew that.

Regardless, because of the fact our pass rushers were not getting to Manning this game, I'm sure he thought it would be better to take a risk than let Manning make a short throw for a TD with plenty of time.

Once the Giants got inside the 10 yard line, they had the advantage, not the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes