PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time Of Possesion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frezo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how much greater the Pats TOP has been over their opponents for the total of the eight games. The hours and minutes messed me up a bit. Jethro came over to help with the nots, but he got confused too. The best as I can cypher, the Pats have had the ball for 89 minutes longer than the other teams. That's just about 1.5 games! Have I totally messed up my math? Can anyone verify this? No wonder defenses get tired.

I've been trying to figure out how much greater the Pats TOP has been over their opponents for the total of the eight games. The hours and minutes messed me up a bit. Jethro came over to help with the nots, but he got confused too. The best as I can cypher, the Pats have had the ball for 89 minutes longer than the other teams. That's just about 1.5 games! Have I totally messed up my math? Can anyone verify this? No wonder defenses get tired.

I'd have to think that the Colts strategy is to run and use a good amount of clock, working to score in each posession themselves but keep the Pats offense off the field as much as possible.

If its a shootout the Patriots are favored... keeping the score lower works in the Colts favor

though all things are relative... save for turnovers, both teams will get the ball an equal amount of time and I'd put my money on the Patriots scoring TDs on more opportunities than the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes