PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time for the Undefeated talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Anyone think the Titans can go undefeated the rest of the way? I don't know how an undefeated (9-0) team can stay under the radar, but it seems no one is really talking about the Titans even at 9-0.

I remember last year with the Pats, after winning the Dallas game which made the like 5-0 or 6-0. Everyone started talking about the Pats going undefeated the rest of the way, and I'm sure the pressure started to build from that point onwards. And the year before that, I think it was the Colts that also started to get a lot of talk about going undefeated early in the season. Why are the Titans getting off so easy?

I think the talk will pick up now that it is past the midway point of the season. I think they could go undefeated, but I don't think they will. Kerry Collins is having a good year, but I don't know if I have the confidence in him going the entire season without making a costly mistake.

Yeah but we were winning games like 36 to 10 consistently

If they beat Jacksonville, the talk will pick up, because after Jacksonville they have 4 games they should not lose, and should be 14-0 against Pittsburgh in Week 16. This is all of course pending the game at JAcksonville.

Last edited:
If they beat Jacksonville, the talk will pick up, because after Jacksonville they have 4 games they should not lose, and should be 14-0 against Pittsburgh in Week 16. This is all of course pending the game at JAcksonville.

Jags stink right now. But, the Jags and Titans games are always hard fought tough games. Those two teams HATE each other so bad. It goes back to 99.

I think the Titans should win that one but it will be closer than people think.

I think the Titans may go 14-2. I don't think the Jets game will be easy for them....

And the final game against the Colts might be a loss for them. ;) Just saying, but its too far ahead for me to think about.

I hated when the perfect season talk happened to my Colts. It was beyond annoying to me.

Last edited:
The games against the Jets, Colts, Jags and Steelers are the ones I would be looking at.

The games against the Jets, Colts, Jags and Steelers are the ones I would be looking at.

Agree.

No idea what will happen but believe me they wont go 16-0.

How many teams actually have gone 16-0? ;) And I dont see it happening two years in a row either, it may never happen again.

Agree.

No idea what will happen but believe me they wont go 16-0.

How many teams actually have gone 16-0? ;) And I dont see it happening two years in a row either, it may never happen again.
A healthy and incredibly driven Brady, an improved run game, improved and experienced defensive backs, a year of development into the linebackers coupled with returning injured stars for season 2009 and who knows ;)

The Titans weakness is their QB for mine. It's glaringly obvious I would have thought. Is he capable of defending an unbeaten record week in week out with the run game as consistent as a yoyo?

Last edited:
Jags stink right now. But, the Jags and Titans games are always hard fought tough games. Those two teams HATE each other so bad. It goes back to 99.

I think the Titans should win that one but it will be closer than people think.

I think the Titans may go 14-2. I don't think the Jets game will be easy for them....

And the final game against the Colts might be a loss for them. ;) Just saying, but its too far ahead for me to think about.

I hated when the perfect season talk happened to my Colts. It was beyond annoying to me.

The Jags might "stink right now," but they just got a good boost in morale from their win today. Don't sell them short.

The league is weak right now.

I can see them doing it.

Last year, we went through murderer's row.

It was a slog.

Tenn might suffer the same fate the Patriots did.

16-0 and then kaput.

The Jags might "stink right now," but they just got a good boost in morale from their win today. Don't sell them short.

Agree, they could win this game. But, I don't think they will. I think the Titans win a close one but you never know since its in Jax and they will fight hard for it, very hard. Players tend to also get hurt when those two teams play each other.

I know it was a boost to the Jags today but it was the Lions keep in mind. But, the Jags would love nothing more than to hand the Titans thier first loss of the year.

As for Collins he reminds me very much of how Garrard played last season. He just has to manage the game and dink and dunk to wins. Teams fear the running game too much and the short pass is there all the time. Difference is the Titans have a better D than the Jags of last year.

Bears may have won today IMO if Orton was playing. Packers came close. They will get beaten eventually.

Last edited:
They won't do it, they just aren't explosive enough on offense. Not enough margin for error. Kerry Collins . . . riiiiiight.

I don't think they can do it. If they make it to 14-0 the last 2 games will be very tough.

I actually think the Titans may pound the Jags and put them out of their misery finally.

No idea why I feel the Jets might beat the Titans but we'll see.

Last edited:
If the Titans go 13-0 then undefeated talk will be appropriate.

The whole NFL is pretty average this year. The Titans defense is really strong and the media loves Jeff Fisher. The media hates BB. There lies the difference in coverage.

If the Titans go 13-0 then undefeated talk will be appropriate.

I'd say 12-0, but I agree on the sentiment. Get 3/4 through the season, let the hype start to build, and then we'll see what happens.

And then, some unsolicited advice to the Titans: lose one. There are two different ways to go 18-1, and one of them absolutely blows. :(

Best defense in the league. They certainly have a good chance of doing it.

Lions are tough at home on Thanksgiving day even in years when they otherwise suck.

Both teams break their streak on National TV.

Lions are tough at home on Thanksgiving day even in years when they otherwise suck.

Both teams break their streak on National TV.

I think it's far more likely that the Lions go 0-16 than the Titans 16-0.

at Carolina Panthers
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TENNESSEE TITANS
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
at Indianapolis Colts
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
at Green Bay Packers

That's brutal, although they'll probably beat the Saints and make everyone down here kill themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes