PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time for the Patriots to establish a new identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Burt apparently doesn't know BB very well after 9 seasons. Not that that would come as a surprise since he doensn't genrally know much about anything. The last thing Bill will do is toss the baby (scheme) out with the bathwater and just for kicks empty out the playbook a day before he has to (generally in the second season). Bill always saves the bulk of his best ideas for last, when it matters.

Interesting article. I'd rather the Pats reshape their identity as a team that smacks finesse teams in the mouth.

Apparently that whole there/they're thing is a source of confusion for Bill Burt. On a forum, that's fine, but when writing for a newspaper, even in North Andover, there should be some proofreading going on.

I really would like to see a few more gadget plays more often like the flea flicker which IIRC have worked in about 2 of the 3 times Brady has done it and he certainly has the tools and the weapons to pull it off,I wonder why they don't use it more.

I really would like to see a few more gadget plays more often like the flea flicker which IIRC have worked in about 2 of the 3 times Brady has done it and he certainly has the tools and the weapons to pull it off,I wonder why they don't use it more.

Because it wouldn't work.

See the Dolphins and their Wildcat.

Because it wouldn't work.

See the Dolphins and their Wildcat.

The Wildcat is used weekly if not more than once in games for Miami,gadget plays are MUCH more sporadic maybe used once in 3 games and nothing really related with the much more used Wildcat formation.

The Wildcat is not a gadget, it's not a trick play or scheme, and it's not a fad. It's here to stay.

People really have to start respecting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back