Welcome to PatsFans.com

Time For Change

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Patriots2001, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patriots2001

Patriots2001 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whatever it is this is not working..We have become the Colts finesse teams do not win the Superbowl..Bill Belichek needs to get back to what the Giants were all about back in the 80's

2. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +90 / 9 / -4

you cant win the SB every year i say injoy the ride they are in the playoffs every year after Brady retires in a few years they may not even get that for some time

3. FortressX

FortressX On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

We have been a Colts( and now Falcons) like team for many years now.
    I thought The Pats were moving away from that, but not yet.

4. PYPER

PYPER Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The margin between victory and defeat is very small. We had a great season. When you can't appreciate a 12-4 season that includes hosting the AFC Championship Game, perhaps one's perspective has become a bit spoiled.

If Welker doesn't drop that 3rd down catch and if the Ref doesn't screw up the Ridley fumble (his ass WAS on the ground), it's a different game.

As far as finesse, we were not a finesse team this year. Our defense hit hard (forced almost twice as many fumbles as the next best team) and we ran the ball very well on offense. Sometimes, the other team just plays a little bit better or gets the breaks, or both.

5. DVN

DVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm just going to go ahead and say it even though I feel I'm going to get roasted.

Tom Brady is not what he used to be.

He's become the Peyton Manning we always used to laugh at, great in the regular season but not clutch when it counts most. Granted, I know receivers dropped passes, but early in the game on various 3rd and shorts, Brady went for the 10-15 yard throw into tight coverage instead of taking the first down underneath for an easy 5 yards. There were so many passes that were off target or in the ground.

I'm afraid the Brady glory days aren't coming back guys. Who cares about the regular season and regular season stats when he plays sub-par in the most important games.

13 points aren't going to do it.

6. patriotsdynasty12189

patriotsdynasty12189 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Its football ball bounces one way or the other. If Welker catches that pass we probably score a TD and its 20-7 and the Ravens have their backs to the wall. But he didnt and the Ravens capitalized.

7. pheenix11

pheenix11 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +63 / 1 / -1

A QB who can suck it up and run 5 yards for a wide open first down once in a while during crunch time would be nice.

8. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Seriously, there's no excuse or sugarcoating it. Baltimore kicked their ***** and in the end defense really does win regardless of the scores of the games last weekend and the Pats lost their championship mettle when the likes of Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Willie McGinest, and Ty Law left town.

9. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +964 / 17 / -8

#3 Jersey

If this were still the 80s, then the 80s style of play might work.

But today's rules don't allow even the style the Pats were playing in 2004, let alone from BB's days with the Giants.

10. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +41 / 19 / -9

The Patriots need to do with Brady what the Broncos did with John Elway late in his career. Get him a stud running back who takes the pressure off Brady to have to do it all by himself. He can't any longer. Tom Brady and these Patriots cannot beat tough physical teams.

11. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I don't think anyone can or should disagree with you. Brady definitely is not the QB he once was and he's also playing scared, or something. If we had a QB like Colin Kaepernick, there is no doubt we would win almost every game, every year. sometimes, it looks like Brady lost that fire during games.

12. Patriots2001

Patriots2001 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What if Tyree didn't catch that ball,what id Asante Samual caught that interception what if Welker didn't drop the pass last year. What if's don't win playoff games..You need to go out and punch the other team in the mouth and the last time we had a team like that IMO was 2001...

13. Fencer

Fencer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -17

#12 Jersey

Other than the Boldin matchup (which normally would be matched or outweighed by the Gronk one) and the Pollard KO on Ridley (which normally would have been flagged by the refs), I didn't really see the Pats get physically beaten.

14. JFK

JFK Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

We need a legit Deep threat receiver.

15. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

We have not become a finesse team. That's retarded. We got beat today. It didn't help that we didn't have Gronk and Talib. If they had played, we still might've lost. Just not our night. Overreaction, I guess, reigns supreme. Take a breath.

16. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I disagree with this. I think it's pretty clear that Brady wants it. I just think he wants it so bad that he's losing his focus and just not executing to his usual level. He's not the first superstar to fall victim to this dynamic.

17. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +304 / 33 / -23

#12 Jersey

Brady just turns into a fraidy Cat against some teams...ravens, NYG and he looks like superman against others.

18. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +872 / 14 / -5

#51 Jersey

And;

• tackles who can collapse the pocket,
    • ends who can rush the passer,
    • DB's who can locate the ball, &
    • linebackers who can cover tight ends.

There's quite a few on that wish list.

TBH, McDaniels play calling left me baffled. He's developed a serious issue since SB42 with playoff game calling.

19. PatriotReign

PatriotReign Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

No legitimate deep threat receiver, Lloyd just isn't going to cut it. And the fact they didn't try to get Fells or Hooman involved was befuddling.

20. jcrack

jcrack On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:eek: Well said. The team has a lot of issues. Beating soft teams during the regular season masked a lot of that. Texans were a fraud, beating them gave a lot of fans false confidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.