PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Tebow & the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an LSU alumni myself, so here's my Tebow take. He is a strong character guy with amazing desire and determination (think Welker, Tasker). He's built rugged with a full compliment of tools for a college QB. His problem is his tools will be weaknesses in the NFL. His arm is good, but not great. His speed is good, but not great. etc... etc...

He'll be a late rounder HB/TE/possible emergency QB. IMHO, he definitely makes the pros, and contributes a solid (albeit unspectacular) career.

While its not something I'd wish the Patriots to try, I always thought it would be cool when Vick was in the league to pair him with a true pass first QB and run an offense where either Vick or the QB could take the snap on any given play. But Vick would be a liability when the "real" QB took the snap because he is limited as a blocker. Tebow probably would be able to block, take a direct snap and pass or run or take a handoff and pass or run. Might be something interesting for a middle of the road or god-awful team to try, especially if Tebow can be had as a second day draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back