Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tim Murray has to go

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Sounds to me like he has all the quailifications to be a US Senator then some day The White House.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

If he simply crashed his car while speeding, then who cares. Lot's of people do that. The seat belt is another who cares. His lying about the circumstances and facts surrounding his morning crash, that's a concern. Maybe he got nervous and turned a little lie into a bigger problem.

Personally, I never bought the ""surveying storm damage while driving for a cup of coffee at 5am" bit. This new info has me wondering where he was coming from. How many people fall asleep at the wheel, driving 100 mph on their way for some morning joe, and after a full nights sleep? Usually people fall asleep at the wheel in the early hours of the morning because they were out partying, or boning their mistress, and heading home. Falling asleep on your way to Starbucks? C'mon man.

4. Patters

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

I think he's just a really dishonest guy. My main issues with him is his connection to McLaughlin, who seems like a complete sleaze (quickly ripping off an extra $80,000 on his way out the door), but I think the evidence that he lied to the police about the car accident simply add to the evidence of his dishonesty. I suppose it's not easy to get rid of Lt. Gov. (through impeachment?), but I'd like to see Patrick call for him to step down.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Not gonna happen, but Murry's train heading for the Guvnah's Manshin has just run off the tracks. Sucks for us here in Central Mass, but it's better than having a compulsive liar running the state. Real World's right. He really didn't have to lie and then he might have been governor someday, but he shoots himself in the foot with this one. This is the type of stuff that sticks and reveals a character flaw.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

He's got a "secret girl friend" or a "secret boy friend" he will go far in the political world, as I said in another post "maybe even the White House"

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

I deal with Chelsea Housing a little bit, and I couldn't believe how much coin that guy was making. Holy #$#% something like $300+ per. What else is going on in government that people aren't aware about?

Btw, housing authorities in this state operate independently from the city/town government. I actually never knew that. I had always thought it was under the direction of the city who's name it held. It's basically state run.

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

By the way, this Chelsea Housing story is another great example of how important newspapers are. It's the Boston Globe that exposed this story and ran with it, and frankly if you take away the Globe and Herald, there would be dozens of unstopped scandals, including with the lottery, pensions, overtime, the Big Dig, etc. My greater faith in the federal government is largely based on the fact that there are a lot of people keeping an eye on it. But, back to Chelsea (though feel free to accuse me of hijacking), the fact that Murray called McLaughlin 80 times, many of which came after the scandal broke, and he's not willing to talk about those conversations, makes me think he knows a lot more than he's telling.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

It's an example of how important the press is in general, as well as how important the founders felt the press would be in our nation moving forward. I just wish the press was more objective than it is today.

There might be a lot of people watching the federal government, but it's clearly not enough. Fraud and gross mismanagement are everywhere.

10. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +159 / 20 / -17

They tried to cover this one up.

If the herald did not file papers to get the info on the black box, we
    never would have known the true facts.

108 MPH...... He should have been hit with a "driving to endanger".

This story was fishy from day one. I never bought his story.
    I assumed he was coming home late. He said that he was up early.

11. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +517 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

Hey don't pick on the Housing Authority, they're just trying to be compassionate! See how easy it is to be generous with other people's money? I guess it's true that "charity starts at home", eh?

Home
    I feel so selfish working in the private sector compared to this "public servant".

Chelsea’s housing boss was rarely on the job - Metro - The Boston Globe

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

Brandon, do you think there's more or less corruption in the private sector than the public sector, and what's your evidence? My view is that there's more in the private sector because, not only is the private sector better protected by privacy laws and has fewer checks and balances, but it's rare a day goes by without some news of some kind of private sector fraud. True, the private sector is probably about 10x larger than the public sector, but do a search for 'fraud' in Google news, and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Fire up a joint, take all your clothes off and think about this

Theres a stranger in my home
    that I have never seen before
    I don't know where she came from
    she just walked in through the door
    (the door was locked)

14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm no expert, but isn't Chelsea's housing considered a model for the nation? I thought I heard something about that. If this guy has found a way to dramatically lower the chances of some cop getting shot responding to a call in the projects, then that's worth a lot to me. Its been three years now since the economy went in the toilet and the projects still aren't any where near as violent or dangerous as they were back in the 80's. Someone somewhere is doing something right.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

B5, that's how most state/city/federal jobs work. Obviously the people who have a legitimate function, like collecting a toll, driving a bus, or something similarly tangiable can't show up for 21 days and get paid. I'm talking about the office, and administrative positions mostly. There are usually 50 people in an office doing the work of 5, or maybe 10. I know people in these positions, and they tell me.

16. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +517 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

The only report I saw on fraud (found in an earlier thread where we were discussing fraud in Afghanistan) suggested that they were about equal.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012