PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Jernigan, Seantrel Henderson, Christian Jones, Telvin Smith, Anthony Johnson - Future Bengals?

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, the Seattle draft board got leaked!

Pretty poor that they can't stay clean in the build up to the combine.

FYI, I know it's Tim, not Time, Jernigan, but I don't seem to be able to edit the title.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Jernigan is among the players who failed a drug test at the Scouting Combine.

Combine drug tests in February were LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson, University of Miami tackle Seantrel Henderson and Florida State linebackers Telvin Smith and Christian Jones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-failed-a-drug-test-at-the-scouting-combine/
Christian Jones and Telvin Smith are both players the Patriots could have interest in; this just makes it more likely they will be available in the fourth round or later.

PFT (citing Fox Sports) is now reporting it was a "diluted" sample for Jernigan and Mettenberger. Suspicious but not definitive. But if this causes Jernigan to fall to our late 2nd (which I doubt) it'd be damn hard to pass on him just based on that sample. It would suck if we passed on a couple binkies of mine (namely Buchannon or Bitonio) that could unexpectedly still be there. But I could understand the logic.

If Mettenberger fell to day 3 he'd be hard to pass up too.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back