Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tim Graham: The Pats camp was the most focused & competitive in the AFC East

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +420 / 5 / -1

Tim Graham, the AFC East blogger for ESPN, gave his reviews of what he saw while visiting each AFC East team by awarding different awards to different teams (most focus, most unfocused, most entertaining, most talented, etc.). He gave the Pats two of the most important awards in my book:

How'd they look? AFC East camp musings - AFC East Blog - ESPN

Jets fans will love that they won this award:

Yes, Graham gave them the most talented, but there could be something to Hard Knocks ruining the timing of the team. Bert Breer said he saw it in Dallas in 2008 where an immensly talented team that imploded by lack of discipline and egos that was fostered when the HBO cameras came to town.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  2. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

No surprise that Pats camp was most focused and most competitive. I bet that, if the entire NFL were ranked, not just the AFCE, the Patroits, Colts and Steelers would all be up in the top 5 of both categories. It's a sign of a great team.
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Indeed, and a well coached one at that. Hopefully it pays off big time this season.
  4. Buchanty

Buchanty Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Reasonable article from Tim Graham, I like the fact that he spreads the awards around although there is slim pickings for the Dolphins and Bills. "Most energetic" is fine if it is allied to efficiency.

As for the Jests - I didn't realize that trash-talking was regarded as entertainment, maybe for a minute or two but it grates beyond that. It was also interesting that they got the most talented when Revis wasn't in camp, unless he is taking a historical perspective because age begins to dull most talents but even then ......

Still it was way better than Peter King's MMQB Jets relishing their new role; Kevin Kolb, Tim Tebow grow into theirs - Peter King - SI.com which proves he has settled for being a "lickspittle" at best. Lickspittle is one of my favorite Dickensian terms and perfectly describes his journalistic style as he has become - "an obsequious flatterer" of the flavor of the day.
  5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Uh oh~! Someone's jealous~!

[​IMG]
  6. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Bwahahahaha.....:D
  7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

I love it when I learn stuff reading this site
  8. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

yes. I also like "vapid" "bloviating" and "verbose". All three seem to be halmarks of sports writers these days.
  9. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +420 / 5 / -1

This is why I never really liked Peter King even when he was a Patriots rump swab. He writes like a team's PR department would when gushing over a player, coach, or team.
  10. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 13 / -8

I ever liked Kings writing (or speaking) style. I never really agreed with te logic behind his opinions whether I agreed with the actual opinion or not, so I never considered him much of a good source of insight into football.
    I think he is good at getting info quicker than others (not that he gets anything we wouldnt eventually know) and has a writing style that fits a mag like SI, but he has always seemed to me to be a good read for the novice fan.
  11. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

All those big woids mean someone has been watching O'Reilly on Fox.

That's about the only place I remember them being injected into a conversation.

Some here are known to be churlish and pecksniffian bloviator's of blatherskite and codswallop who nitpick other ninnyhammers here. :eek:
  12. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I haven't bothered to wander over to MMQB yet today, not bored enough just yet, but it was interesting that he twittered early this AM that he was unable to watch the Denver game yesterday due to lack of NFLN in his hotel, but he wasn't going to let that impact his piece since he could just work off of highlights...LOL
  13. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jets already won the minicamp super bowl and went undefeated so why do they need to work hard now?

come on folks, keep up! ;)
  14. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Graham (the giant Tool) says:

Can anyone confirm that the Bills did more hitting? From what I read about the Pat's TC was that they did a ton of full pads, two a days, etc... and with:

so much work on fundamentals could they really have been that much more physical than the Pats?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.