PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Fox: Pats removed Jets cameraman from field last season [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tim Fox: Jets had cameraman removed vs. Pats last year

Lemme get this straight. According to this Tim Fox person, the Jets once used a cameraman as well, in violation of league rules.

But they did it for "retaliation"?

Oh, I didn't realize retaliation was a mitigating circumstance in the violation of league rules. I think I prefer "misinterpretation."

What a pile of TOOLS.

Umm...Tim Fox used to play on the defense for the Pats in the late 70's early 80's...How long have you been a fan?

Umm....Tim Fox used to play on the defense for the Pats in the late 70's early 80's.......How long have you been a fan?

Dude, I was a little kid then and much more concerned with Barbies. Ease up.

Lemme get this straight. According to this Tim Fox person, the Jets once used a cameraman as well, in violation of league rules.

But they did it for "retaliation"?

Oh, I didn't realize retaliation was a mitigating circumstance in the violation of league rules. I think I prefer "misinterpretation."

What a pile of TOOLS.

No, you're misunderstanding me.

Fox said that the Jets had a cameraman removed from the field at Gillette in either the November of January Pats/Jets game last season (he didn't say which). He then said that the Jets removing Estrella from the field this season was in retaliation for the Pats doing the same to their cameraman.

Dude, I was a little kid then and much more concerned with Barbies. Ease up.

Yeah, it's going back a few years, but Tim Fox could play. As I recall, he was a heady safety who was somewhat physical and could cover when need be. He also played next to Michael Haynes, who is the best shut down CB this franchise has ever seen and who's also in the Hall of Fame.

Despite all his experience, Fox however, isn't the greatest commentator. If what he reported is indeed true, it'd be interesting to see how this all plays out.

No, you're misunderstanding me.

Fox said that the Jets had a cameraman removed from the field at Gillette in either the November of January Pats/Jets game last season (he didn't say which). He then said that the Jets removing Estrella from the field this season was in retaliation for the Pats doing the same to their cameraman.

Ohhh, okay. Got it.

But how come when we did it to them, it didn't turn into this huge controversy...I'm betting our record and position in the league has everything to do with it.

Ohhh, okay. Got it.

But how come when we did it to them, it didn't turn into this huge controversy...I'm betting our record and position in the league has everything to do with it.

Because Mangina has nothing else to do (well, besides losing).

The Pats don't care nearly as much. Just more gamesmanship.

Umm...Tim Fox used to play on the defense for the Pats in the late 70's early 80's...How long have you been a fan?

Women... :)

Ohhh, okay. Got it.

How long did it take you to figure that one out there lawyer lady? :D

How long did it take you to figure that one out there lawyer lady? :D

Too long ;) . I have been way too short on sleep and sense of humor this last week!

The only think I feel like doing is posting expletive-laden rants about the NFL. I just want to get back to enjoying the games and not wait for the next breaking news segment!!!

Re: Tim Fox: Pats removed Jets cameraman from field last season

I clarified the title a bit.

Foxie had no problem sticking opposing receivers and ball carriers in his day...he was widely regarded as one of the NFL's better free safties of the late '70's. Grew up in the great great football town ("Hall of Fame Town") of Canton, Ohio. Awesome college career at Ohio State - started on 4 Woody Hayes-coached Rose Bowl teams. Drafted in the 1st round by the Pats (21st overall) in '76 draft - pick was part of the Jim Plunkett deal with S.F.

I was a little sprout during his playing days, but I've seen some old games from that era and the guy was a pretty reckless hitter who played with heart...wouldn't be outta place on the current roster.

Thanks for the link. I went to BC law, I see he went to Suffolk. Yeah, he was a little ahead of my fan days. Although I should spare myself the further embarrassment of revealing that my Patriots fandom began with a crush on Tony Eason... :bricks:

This is real news, and needs more play. Fox is a former Pat, and has inside sources. This indicates that the Jets were guily of similar violations, which should cost them a 1st rd pick as well. Why hasn't any one else picked up on this?

Personally, I don't think they should go retroactively to last season. It could possibly expose the Pats with the GB scandel which is not worth it. Lets just let this thing die - even if it mean the Jets got away with it.

Thanks for the link. I went to BC law, I see he went to Suffolk. Yeah, he was a little ahead of my fan days. Although I should spare myself the further embarrassment of revealing that my Patriots fandom began with a crush on Tony Eason... :bricks:

Tony Eason? Ah....hahahaha....HA!

Thanks for the laugh lawyer lady.

Tony Eason? Ah....hahahaha....HA!

Thanks for the laugh lawyer lady.

No problem. I cringe looking back on it.

Jets Videotaped Pats in 2006

I know people are tired of this story, but I can't help myself. I was just listening to Sirius NFL Radio, and I'm hoping somebody in PatsfansLand can fill in the blanks. There was mention of a story saying the Jets were caught videotaping the Patriots in a game last year. The Patriots didn't turn them it, but told them to stop. Jets GM denies story. That was the extent of the report I heard moments ago on Sirius. Anybody know more?

Re: Jets Videotaped Pats in 2006

Let it go...its over...move on....we're on the Bengals...i am not here to talk about the past...hey look its Ocho Cinco.

Re: Jets Videotaped Pats in 2006

let's move on and show teams on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill