PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Carter for Reuben Droughns

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Adam Schein is reporting that the Giants have dealt WR Tim Carter to Cleveland for RB Reuben Droughns.

Has yet to be confirmed though.

Wow! If true, the Giants got a steal. Carter is a decent WR, but very fragile. The Browns better hope he is damaged on shipment to Cleveland.

I'd heard the Browns were likely to release Droughns, this is mostly a nothing for nothing deal.

I think that leaves the Bills, Titans, and Packers in need of a starting RB, if I'm not mistaken. I think Corey Dillon and Chris Brown are the going to land there somewhere. I see Brown making a return to Tennessee and CD maybe to Green Bay? Who knows, just a thought.

Looks like the Browns are drafting Peterson after all.

I'd still take Quinn if I were them. If they're gonna take Peterson they could have stuck with Droughns - no point in Peterson sitting on the bench but Lewis won't be happy about losing lots of carries after signing a one year deal.

this is mostly a nothing for nothing deal.

Agree, though I think Carter may still have some upside (though you'd doubt he'd realize it in Cleveland) I'm not sure that Droughns is a great fit for NY's running game, though they were smart not to overpay for Rhodes.

Also, could trading Carter be opening up a spot for Kevin Curtis in NY's receiving corps? He did visit there.

Don't forget they have Jamal Lewis. That's why they wanted to cut/trade Droughns

Lewis basically has a one year deal that could be longer if he pans out kinda like Drew Brees signed last year. I don't think the Browns have Lewis in their long term plans unless he turns back into his 2004 self.

The Browns are psychotic if they don't go BPA with their first pick. Before we go into any specific concerns over their players, they just don't have enough talent to compete and they aren't steady at any position besides TE.

They should go with Calvin Johnsen for their first pick.

Lewis basically has a one year deal that could be longer if he pans out kinda like Drew Brees signed last year. I don't think the Browns have Lewis in their long term plans unless he turns back into his 2004 self.

Thats why I'm thinking Peterson in the draft cause I don't think this front office has that much time to develop a young quarterback and possibly they will pick up a veteran QB this offseason.

Still say they going with Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas. Build from the line.

I'd heard the Browns were likely to release Droughns, this is mostly a nothing for nothing deal.

too bad the Browns didn't flat out cut him then. Droughns would be worth a look for our second running back. After playing for Cleveland, I'm sure he wuld sacrifice some carries for wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes