PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tiki Barber to RETIRE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewwho

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
ESPN is now reporting he has officially made the decision to retire at the end of this season...no link yet.
Giants need an RB!

Last edited:
Drewwho said:
ESPN is now reporting he has officially made this decision.
Giants need an RB!

He is retiring at the end of the season right? Not at the current time? I have always Liked Tiki and Ronde Barber,Both Good guys.Tiki' has had a very solid career in New York.This comes as a surprise though.I think he very easily still has a solid 2-3 years left in him.......

Drewwho said:
ESPN is now reporting he has officially made this decision.
Giants need an RB!

Giants have the remainder of the season and Brandon Jacobs.

Tiki Barber made it known years ago that he would only play for so long.

No offense, but its kind of a non-issue...

Patriots4Ever said:
He is retiring at the end of the season right? Not at the current time? I have always Liked Tiki and Ronde Barber,Both Good guys.Tiki' has had a very solid career in New York.This comes as a surprise though.I think he very easily still has a solid 2-3 years left in him.......

Yeah, sorry...at the end of the season. No link yet on ESPN, but they featured it at the 10:30 Sportscenter cast.

yeah they'll be getting 1 in the draft..maybe Lynch if he gets to them. im thinking Kenny Irons for them though

better news for us..they might take a RB in round 1 over a DB

its a shame though..hes only 31 and hasnt been featured back all his career. great guy..i've worked out with him in new jersey..class act great player

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:
yeah they'll be getting 1 in the draft..maybe Lynch if he gets to them. im thinking Kenny Irons for them though

better news for us..they might take a RB in round 1 over a DB

its a shame though..hes only 31 and hasnt been featured back all his career. great guy..i've worked out with him in new jersey..class act great player

They won't draft a RB in the first couple rounds, Brandon Jacobs will be just fine.

This could mean Brandon Jacobs will play a bigger role in the future. I think that guy could be awesome. He really is a freak of nature and it's a constant struggle to bring him down. I think he is the heir apparent and the Giants just need another guy for depth.

Ceresco said:
They won't draft a RB in the first couple rounds, Brandon Jacobs will be just fine.

you might be right but a guy like Garrett Wolfe or some other speedster as a change of pace will definatley be brought in by round 2 or 3

They will more than ok with Brandon Jacobs. It seems like every time he get's a chance he shines.

Tiki barber is a awesome RB! But I respect his idea.

This just aint news on any level!

They don't need an RB, did you see the monster who ran all over us in the preseason?

Tiki is a great player, amazing to see him still playing like he is in the prime of his career.

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:
They don't need an RB, did you see the monster who ran all over us in the preseason?

Tiki is a great player, amazing to see him still playing like he is in the prime of his career.

its preseason..TJ Duckett ran all over us

Remix 6 said:
its preseason..TJ Duckett ran all over us

Well he's averaging over 5 yards a carry in the REGULAR season.

zippo59 said:
Well he's averaging over 5 yards a carry in the REGULAR season.

its not hard when your a change of pace back when a D is worn out..im not saying hes not capable of being a starter but he would be much better if he split carries..with a smaller guy in round 2 - 3.

im in NJ so i see him play..i think hes improved so much from last year and hes talked to Eddie George about staying low and all that.hes no tiki barber by any circumstances obviously now but a big guy like him..you need to add a little spark to your offense so a guy like Wolfe would be perfect

Tiki Barber is a media darling. He will have a broadcasting job 3.5 milliseconds after he retires.

Here's for hoping he displaces one of the jacka$s player-pundits (please let it be Shannon Sharpe).

R

Why didn't he just wait until the end of the season. The last thing the giants need is a distraction. Just shut up and play and then announce it after the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes