Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tiki and Ronde Barber: "Everyone does it and everyone knows it"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

On their "Barber Shop" show on Sirius NFL radio last night said that that every team has someone who's job it is to try to steal the other team's signals and that everyone in the league knows it is going on. They said they don't know if everyone video tapes it, but they were kinda surprised about the reaction since the Jets were probably doing a similiar thing to the Pats but just wasn't caught.

2. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +236 / 1 / -1

EXXXXACTLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Thanks to the Barber Shop for telling it like it is.

3. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I dont think the media and nfl is worried about the truth which is the problem!

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Lincoln Kennedy said the same thing - which is why we should be hit for videotaping and nothing more.

5. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -13

do you have a link?

also, this is one of the reasons that the penalty, despite the overheated suggestions being thrown around by people who should know better, would be stern but reasonable. (I say "would be" because we still haven't heard the Patriots side of the story!!!)

6. OGPatriot

OGPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its funny how everyone acts like this is something that isn't done ever game ever year. Sorta like thinking the only people who take steroids are the ones that get caught.

7. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Which probably explains why the Pats aren't that eager to quell the PR storm unless they discuss with the league about the implications.

I am sure in BB's public statment would be "it's league policy not to discuss these things" :rolleyes:

But if this is so rampant, I am surprised that Hobbs (and Wilfork?) seemed to have no clue about this.

8. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

Sorry, no link. Heard it on the radio. They are rerunning the comment on their "Two Minute Drill" news update every 20 minutes or so. So their might be an audio link on the Sirius website.

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

They have been told to not comment, I imagine.

10. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 8 / -4

#75 Jersey

the media is just concerned with getting the Pats...they don't like us and now is there time to get back at BB and the Pats

11. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You need to look no further then when the phins were caught last year doing this, how much play time did that story get last year, what maybe a minute or two then forgetten for good!:rolleyes:

It's clear what the agenda of the media is, bill is not well liked by them and they are milking this story as much as they can! If the punishment is anything more then a late second day pick then it will also be clear what the nfl's agenda is also!

12. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -0

No Jersey Selected

They blurted out about using a tape but since they were never 'caught' taping, they can claim they found that tape on the way from Logan to Foxboro. Whereas, we might have been 'caught' with our hand in the cookie jar...:eek:

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I thought we were on top when we beat the Rams, then I really thought we were on top when we beat the Eagles. Now it really feels like we're the premier team in the league with all the attention we get from this.

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

That's the key. If that can be supported, then the Pats reputation will be fine, but they made still be made an example of to try to cut down on this type of cheating. Let's hope other former players come forward with this sort of info.

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Is there a rule against stealing signs ? If not, it's not cheating. The videotaping was against league policy; fine, we got caught. Bad boys. The is no and was no cheating.

16. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 13 / -10

all the ruckus is raised by team officials and managers who want to gain "a competitive advantage" (pun intended) by making a big deal out of this . All the players round the league know it but teams and GMS which want some way to weaken the pats e.g. get BB suspsended for 4 games etc raise a bigger deal out of it.
    I heard adam schefter say that people round the league are angry that it cost them afc division championships,jobs etc. Guess who it cost afc division championships ???

17. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"against league policy", why do you think that it's against league policy, just for kicks? It's against league policy because it would give one team a competitive advantage, therefore, it's cheating. I'm as big a Pats fan as anyone, but I really think people are burying their heads in the sand if they think what the Pats were doing isn't cheating.

18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

All I know if if we beat the Jest of the Fins last year in the game we lost to each of them, we host Indy instead of being there.

The Fins we know stole signs. And I bet something was going on when we didn't pick up a single blitz Mangina threw at us in NE.

19. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +244 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Is stealing signs via other methods besides videotaping cheating? Like that the Dolphins did last year? Is that cheating in the league today? Yes or no?

Because the Dolphins story made it clear that sign stealing is part of football. the league didn't care at all.

If it's the methods that are being legislated and not the act of sign stealing, I think that's way different than what the hysterical talking heads have been saying.

20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

It is so simple, however all the talking heads are making it very complex and trying to play the cheating angle big time.. no one has said how this gives them a competitive advantage during a game. Schelereth is a wuss and has inflamed this issue as much as anyone has.

Where are all our friends, Berman? Sims? Esaison? who have modicum of sensibility, have never seen so much hysteria in my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.