Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tiger won US Open with torn ligament, 2 fractures

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by maverick4, Jun 18, 2008.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080618/...f_woods_future

Tiger Woods walked tenderly out of Torrey Pines with a U.S. Open trophy he was destined to win on a left leg worse than anyone imagined. A group of children called out to him and Woods looked over and waved. It turned out to be a most symbolic gesture. So long, Tiger. See you next year.

Woods revealed Wednesday he has been playing for at least 10 months with a torn ligament in his left knee, and that he suffered a double stress fracture in his left leg two weeks before the U.S. Open. He said he will have season-ending surgery, knocking him out of the final two majors and the Ryder Cup.
    -------

One of the greatest performances of all time in any sport by one of sports greatest athletes ever.

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,064 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Yeah, I was wearing a hat when I read that news. As soon as I heard that, I immediately took it off. What a performance. I don't like watching golf, but I like playing it (mostly drunk). I know how hard it would be to tee off with a torn ligament and two fractures in your knee.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +832 / 27 / -33

Anticipating the pain that happens after a drive, would certainly ruin most people's concentration... guess all the pundits who said he was faking will have to retract.. never mind.

4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah, take that Schilling!