PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tie breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO, we dont.
If we have the same conf recored as cinc. , the tie break is games vs. common opp:

NE is 2/2 ... W&L vs Jets W vs Balt L vs Den
Cinc 2/1 TBD vs Jets 2Ws vs Balt , L v Den

If they lose to Jets we would tie them and then move on to strength of schedule which Einstein couldn't figure. (Assumes we have another loss to even up their Jet "loss")

SD with wins over Denver and our loss may also be better placed.

Wouldn't it be a ***** if we needed the Jets to beat the Bengals on the last game of season for us to clinch the 2nd seed. I wouldn't put it past Jabba to throw that game - he looked pissed on the sidelines when the Pats called timeout and when they threw that bomb.

Wouldn't it be a ***** if we needed the Jets to beat the Bengals on the last game of season for us to clinch the 2nd seed. I wouldn't put it past Jabba to throw that game - he looked pissed on the sidelines when the Pats called timeout and when they threw that bomb.

yeah, I know .... shudder. The last time we needed the jets to win for playoff position... didn't work out.

i have just done the math gang and we are the 4th seed right now, sadly to say . . . :mad:

if as all three teams are tied we look to the 3 way tie breaker . . . as they have the same conference record we look to the common games, as there are no 4 commons games, we go to the next tie breaker which is strength of victory (#5tie breaker), SOV is the win-loss record of the opponents have beaten . . .

so far its as follows:

2) Cinn - SOV 33-37 (with chicago still play this weekend)

3) SD - SOV - 31-38 (with Phi still to play this weekend)

4) NE - SOV - 28-43 (with all oppoents who have lost to us already played this weeken)

there is a small chance that my numbers might be off a game or so as I have not had time tonight to double check the numbers, but the first look at the numbers we are the 4th seed right now . . . of coarse this could all change if the teams that we beat keep winning and the teams sd/cinn have beaten start to loose, furthermore, if we get more quality wins, like NO, then our SOV at year end will go up . . . hopefully if it does come down to this tie breaker that we have a strronger SOV at the end of the year . . . .

After SOV is the strength of schedule (SOS) tie breaker . . .

SD plays Cinci, so highly unlikely they will be tied, but anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back