PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ticketmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

robd54

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Just a heads up to those interested, it looks like ticketmaster (regular, not ticketExchange) has quite a few seats available for both the Bills and the Rams games. A little while ago I was seeing tickets in the 100's, 200's and 300's. I scored seats in the lower ring of the 300's for both games (row 2 and 4), which for the price are my favorite sections. Goodluck!

As a season ticket holder who was hoping for an upgrade, I'm not happy about this. Every game so far has had tickets on ticketmaster available in sections MUCH better than my 3300 nosebleeds. Whatever happened to upgrading existing ticket holders and activating people from the waiting list?! I think that all of the tickets from people who didn't renew went out to the general public instead and that their BS about 99% renewal rate was a LIE. I personally know of 6 people who let all of their tickets go this year because of the price; law of averages dictates that the percentage holds true across the board. 99% renewal rate,yah right!

As a season ticket holder who was hoping for an upgrade, I'm not happy about this. Every game so far has had tickets on ticketmaster available in sections MUCH better than my 3300 nosebleeds. Whatever happened to upgrading existing ticket holders and activating people from the waiting list?! I think that all of the tickets from people who didn't renew went out to the general public instead and that their BS about 99% renewal rate was a LIE. I personally know of 6 people who let all of their tickets go this year because of the price; law of averages dictates that the percentage holds true across the board. 99% renewal rate,yah right!

The general tickets available on Ticketmaster are the result of bus companies and whatnot releasing their unsold tickets (of which a certain amount are reserved for), not season ticket holders, who have to release on TicketExchange.

Last edited:
That's not what I'm referring to. I know that if season ticket holders can't make a game they put their tickets up on Ticket Exchange. I'm talking about all of the people that chose not to renew this year. Supposedly there was 99% renewal rate, thus no upgrades for anyone but I know that it's not true. I've heard from more than one person that quite a few STH did not renew and the tickets are just going up for sale for individual games instead of upgrading us and activating people from the waiting list. Not right, as far as I'm concerned.

I have season tickets in section 218 (below the 2003 banner).

The guy that sat next to me from 2002-2006 in the new stadium is from my
home town. He gave up his tickets after the 2006 season because he moved
out of state.

Every week there are different people in the seats. They are usually from
the visiting teams town. I have spoken to most of them and the cost of
their tickets depends on the level of the oponent. They all buy them from
some out of town ticket agency. Last year people were paying between
$225 & $350 for the $89 seats. This season the price for the same seats
has gone from $89 to $117.

I figured that someone from an out of town agency purchased the season
tickets. Last year in the playoffs, the same guys were at both of the
playoff games. I asked them where they got their tickets and they said
that they were consultants for the Patriots and they got their tickets
from the Patriots for face value.

I now believe that when someone gives up their seats, they do not always
go to the next person on the waiting list. If decent seats are given up, they
are being sold out of town for the Patriots for a larger profit.

Karen, etc. I don't blame you for being wicked pissed. There are most definitely lots of shenanigans going on with STs that were not renewed. As you (Karen) said in a post months ago you personally know several folks who gave up their seats this season. Probability suggests that the renewal rate was well under the BS claim of 99%.

I have season tickets in section 218 (below the 2003 banner).

The guy that sat next to me from 2002-2006 in the new stadium is from my
home town. He gave up his tickets after the 2006 season because he moved
out of state.

Every week there are different people in the seats. They are usually from
the visiting teams town. I have spoken to most of them and the cost of
their tickets depends on the level of the oponent. They all buy them from
some out of town ticket agency. Last year people were paying between
$225 & $350 for the $89 seats. This season the price for the same seats
has gone from $89 to $117.

I figured that someone from an out of town agency purchased the season
tickets. Last year in the playoffs, the same guys were at both of the
playoff games. I asked them where they got their tickets and they said
that they were consultants for the Patriots and they got their tickets
from the Patriots for face value.

I now believe that when someone gives up their seats, they do not always
go to the next person on the waiting list. If decent seats are given up, they
are being sold out of town for the Patriots for a larger profit.

if thats the case thats pretty absurd

I also noticed theres tickets available in 136 and 128 I believe for the Jets game.

How dare you question the teams ticket sales practices Mrs. B. [/ sarcasm] I am one of those ex-season ticket holders this year.

As soon as Brady got hurt, there have been boatloads of tickets available on ticketmaster. Although people get offended, for whatever reason, when you even question the team on any ticket sales figures. I bought tix to the Dolphins game through ticketmaster. There were a lot of 100 level and 200 level seats available (not surprisingly since they are so overpriced now). I asked the simple question of if the game was a sellout and people got all defensive.

The team has been playing games with season ticket figures, Super Bowl ticket distribution, and ticketmaster ticket distribution for years. I'm still thinking the supposed 50,000 person waiting list figure is completely bogus. The scams they pull with the Super Bowl ticket lottery and their dealings with PrimeSport have been well documented. Yet they go on a witchhunt with StubHub. In past years, they would only release a very limited number of ticketmaster tickets before the games (usually scattered singles). Now anyone can easily buy four 100 level sideline seats to just about any game.

Now anyone can easily buy four 100 level sideline seats to just about any game.

How awful that non-season ticket holders can get good seats to the game.

I understand where you're coming from when you're talking about upgrades (ex-season ticket holder who got rid of them after the building of the new stadium when they moved us from the 50 to the corner and the price went up), but complaining about tickets going out to the general public is kind of... bratty sounding.

How dare you question the teams ticket sales practices Mrs. B. [/ sarcasm] I am one of those ex-season ticket holders this year.

As soon as Brady got hurt, there have been boatloads of tickets available on ticketmaster. Although people get offended, for whatever reason, when you even question the team on any ticket sales figures. I bought tix to the Dolphins game through ticketmaster. There were a lot of 100 level and 200 level seats available (not surprisingly since they are so overpriced now). I asked the simple question of if the game was a sellout and people got all defensive.

The team has been playing games with season ticket figures, Super Bowl ticket distribution, and ticketmaster ticket distribution for years. I'm still thinking the supposed 50,000 person waiting list figure is completely bogus. The scams they pull with the Super Bowl ticket lottery and their dealings with PrimeSport have been well documented. Yet they go on a witchhunt with StubHub. In past years, they would only release a very limited number of ticketmaster tickets before the games (usually scattered singles). Now anyone can easily buy four 100 level sideline seats to just about any game.

The only entity that has any "rights" as far as tickets and distribution is concerned is ownership.

They can do as they please and disgruntled fans can opt to not go to the games.

Sorry to sound crass, I am a 38 year STH with NO complaints. The Krafts have treated me right every step of the way.

How awful that non-season ticket holders can get good seats to the game.

I understand where you're coming from when you're talking about upgrades (ex-season ticket holder who got rid of them after the building of the new stadium when they moved us from the 50 to the corner and the price went up), but complaining about tickets going out to the general public is kind of... bratty sounding.

I'm not complaining about tickets being available. I'm not a season ticket holder now so this actually benefits me. I'm just saying their practices with ticket distribution has been shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes