Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ticketmaster sucks

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Tunescribe, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +666 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Bob Seger in Boston tickets "went on sale" this morning at 10 via Ticketmaster. So I went online promptly at 10 and waited 11 minutes to get in while the site's auto-refresh told me the wait would be two minutes, then three minutes, then two minutes, etc. Finally I got in -- at 10:11 a.m. -- and nothing available. I refuse to believe that ALL the tickets were snapped up by average folks like me in 10 minutes. Does anyone here know how things are set up there? I suspect ticket brokers have an inside track.
  2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +510 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

No arguments here.

Yes, they do. I believe it was exposed sometime in the late 1990s, but it's one of the reasons I quit going to concerts and such. I just got tired of paying the middle man for the middle man.
  3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

An even bigger scam is Ticket Exchange. I bought Van Halen tickets there a few years ago (I think I paid $125 a piece). When it turned out that I was going to be out of town on the date of the concerty, I tried to sell them through Ticket Exchange. I was not allowed to list them at the price that I had paid. They stated that they had a policy of restricting prices to "face value". Which raised the question: how did the tickets I bought get listed and sold above face value? I gave the tix to my sister-in-law and don't plan on doing business with those crooks ever again.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Pretty much given up on all concert tickets, amazing how the brokers wind up with the majority..

One might think, that the promoting venues might want to do something about these inequities, but maybe they are getting kickbacks.. the Patriots are as complicit as the rest.

What a f..ed up system.